Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Salt The Fries

Your favourite piece of music?

I must say that I found the music for the 3rd location, the drive-in the best! It's just so subtly eerie, really well written and moody. Remedy, this is the quality and kind of the music you should pursuit in your later projects

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Salt The Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
thebestbit

Re: Your favourite piece of music?

Not sure. Had a few tracks i liked so ill have to wait for the OST to decide.
thebestbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt The Fries View Post
I must say that I found the music for the 3rd location, the drive-in the best! It's just so subtly eerie, really well written and moody. Remedy, this is the quality and kind of the music you should pursuit in your later projects
Thanks for the compliments! Petri Alanko (@Peppepappa here on our forum) has once again done a kick-ass job on our music. He's really versatile, as I'm sure you can tell -- I love that he can go from the beautiful cinematic music of the original Alan Wake to the more esoteric, rougher, almost glitchy-sounding stuff we have at the observatory in American Nightmare without missing a beat. His music is a huge part of our atmosphere. Great guy to work with, too!

Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD
MikkiRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Hukka55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiRMD View Post
Thanks for the compliments! Petri Alanko (@Peppepappa here on our forum) has once again done a kick-ass job on our music.
Petri Alanko is a god of game/movie scores.
Hukka55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
GTB

The OST is awesome, again. Great job! It's hard to say my favorite, but i like very much The Happy Song and the music when Serena is free .
GTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Saracenar

I really like the music for the Observatory, something about it has a very technological yet mystical feel to it. It's awesome.
Saracenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
LonelyGreyWolf

Personally I think Alan Wake (1) had a much better OST. The first game had some original OST that I still remember and still listen to on iTunes (The Clicker, Welcome To Bright Falls, A Writer's Dream), and that really got me. AWAN doesn't really have any kind of music that I would listen to without playing the game. I have loads of game OSTs on iTunes and I just love listening to music; while staring into a wall like an idiot. The music in AWAN is the kind that, well, gets the job done. It works great in context, but I didn't find it to be all that memorable.

The one original track from AWAN that I liked above the rest was the one that plays in the third area (I believe in all acts) after you defeat the pillars and get ready to enter the projector room. I can't remember if this track was playing in other locations as well, but I recall it fitting perfectly.

Also, I have to say, killing Takens while hearing The Happy Song in the background is pretty awesome.
LonelyGreyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
thebestbit

One track i really like is right near the end

Spoiler:
thebestbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
WakeLestat360

The music that plays inside the Observatory it's so BEAUTIFUL...

Remedy, any plans to release the OST of AWAN?

Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!
WakeLestat360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
KoulisHHH

Definetly it was the Observatory part( which was like the Old Gods of Asgard stage fight) where bALANce Slays the Demon played and of course the Drive in Theater "I'm a Psycho" part
KoulisHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
Lunapocalypse

Inner Observatory without a flinch. It's a fantastic track supplying the location with enigma to what Alan seeks. I love that Petri Alanko was able to do different things for this title; the music in American Nightmare is much different to the score in Alan Wake.

Encounter. I Will Kill.
Lunapocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
An8BitPanda

I would say the music during the " Another Wave of Darkness " movie was brilliant, I am not certain if it plays elsewhere as well as during the final cutscene. Those two pieces stand out a lot, to me.
I do love the music as a whole, the whole "Night Springs" feel was perfect. I would to see more of this type of episodic gaming, even if it only brings little of the overall story, due to American Nightmare being such a nice little pleasure. As soon as I booted up the game, I felt at home and yet in foreign pastures thanks to the soundtrack, as well as the writing and game itself of course.
An8BitPanda is offline   Reply With Quote