Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #41
Killie Lad
Re: American Nightmare Sales/Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusRMD View Post
The most important thing is folks seem to be enjoying the game - lots of praise in here, and other forums. We're happy to see we did a good product and are selling it with what to most seems to be a good price point.

Obviously the financial side is important - in theory everybody who buys or doesn't buy the game votes with their wallet on what happens with Wake in the future. Same as with every entertainment product, really; lots of people go see a movie -> sequels gets made.
more...more....MORE

please
Killie Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #42
OttoSporteman

I was searching for some info on Xbox Live Arcade publishing rules, and came across these infos:

* On March 27, 2007, Microsoft declared Uno to be the first Xbox Live Arcade game to exceed one million downloads.
* Nearly 70 percent of Xbox 360 owners connected to Xbox Live have downloaded an Arcade title with the attach rate being 6–7 titles per user.

*Original games typically receive 350,000 downloads in the first month (including trials) .

* Titles have an average 156% financial return over twelve months with the first two months of sales accounting for just 35% of total volume.

* Average conversion rate (from trial download to purchase) across all titles is 18% (a low of 4% and high of 51%).

==============Beginning of Assumptions==============

If American Nightmare reaches 35% of its sales on the first two months, with the rate so far being almost 5k copies a day, we'd have 300k units sold by the end of April.
Being that 35% of the sales, we could expect total sales near 850.000...

Not bad if you ask me...
Last edited by OttoSporteman; 02-24-2012 at 08:39 PM.
OttoSporteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #43
thebestbit

Well what ever it ends up on i really hope Remedy try more of these spin offs.

Also like most games this will get a massive sales boost when it goes on offer in a few months. Many still only like to buy games at 800MSP or less.
thebestbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #44
thebestbit

Leaderboards just under 20K at the moment and i wounder if any of them have only been playing that and have yet to start the main story? Would not be suprised if a few are like that as looking at other forums a lot are hooked on FTD.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #45
TerraFin

More than 30K in the first week is not a bad number (basing off of leaderboards).

This is a sales analysis from July 2011

Http://www.xblafans.com/xbla-sales-a...011-23680.html

From Dust was estimated to sell about 37K in its first week at 1200 msp.
Ms. Splosion man was estimated to sell about 25K in its first week at 800 msp.

Clatu verata n....necktie
Last edited by TerraFin; 02-29-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: *edited because i originally thought the article gave actual units moved.
TerraFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #46
Baast

American Nightmare is REALLY good. Excellent work Remedy, i hope the game performs well because it's totally deserved.

And it goes without sayind that i will there DAY ONE to double dip and give Remedy my money a second time (well, fourth because i bought Alan Wake on PC and 360) if there's a PC version of American Nightmare someday.

GG Remedy, you guys rock.
Baast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #47
djshauny1

Id like to know the sales figures too

Any word of what they are yet guys?
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #48
thebestbit

Its done over 30k in one week. Dont expect Remedy to come out and give a number as thats not their style.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #49
djshauny1

Thats pretty good
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #50
GunGrave TZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiRMD View Post
Like most companies, we don't really like to comment on this sort of thing, sorry. (And if we did, it wouldn't be my place to do so -- communicating things like that is a business decision, and I don't make our business decisions. =))

I'm very glad you enjoy the game, though!
Well in that case, are you at least pleased as a company as to how the sales seem to be going so far?

Open a bottle of champagne like you did for the original AW yet?

In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.
GunGrave TZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #51
OttoSporteman

Am really happy that the game is selling well. It's a VERY SOLID release, a retail game conprised into an XBLA game and for a great price...

I've been recommending the game like crazy to friends and got 5 o' them to buy it already (people that never played original Alan Wake) and some are already asking me about how to get Alan Wake for a reasonable price...

Kudos for Remedy and I hope the game reflects on sales its great achievements.
OttoSporteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #52
VonStreff

Yeah, they're well over 30K now. Nice job, Remedy!
VonStreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #53
Wane

Yeah!

Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
paypay88

i think it will come for retail . i dont like digital !
paypay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #55
revan8

I would guess this is selling under remedy n microsoft estimates. There are about 47k scores on leaderboard. Not everyone will play online and not everyone will play arcade mode but that means no way has it sold more than 80k in two weeks. I would imagine they would like quarter of a million type numbers considering original had around 1.5 million players.
revan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
thebestbit

That was over a year and a bit and from bundles also this will get a massive sales boost when it goes on sale in about 5 months.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #57
THE SHREDDER

only 30.000 sales in 2 weeks? there are games that sell more than 500.000 in 1 week on even less than week , and this sold only 30.000? in 2 weeks?

It was a mistake that Remedy released it at a time where much more better and important games came like Street Fighter X Teken and Mass Effect 3. If it was released at a time where there were not other high AAA games released then it would have sold much better. But now all the attention goes to SFXTK and ME3. Big mistake REMEDY big mistake. Do you realy thought that you can compete against those 2 monsters?
THE SHREDDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #58
revan8

Different games different prices. When would u like them to sell? April with witcher 2? May with max payne 3? Plus the sales are more like 80k+ not 30k and u would compare ur sales against other arcade titles like I am alive and not a hundred million dollar budget game like me3.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #59
THE SHREDDER

maybe April would have beem a good time to release it as the only major game coming then is Prototype 2. or July as there are not any major games coming in July
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #60
THE SHREDDER

And dont forget that most gamers will prefer to play a big budget game like ME3 and not an arcade game. That because the big budget games are a lot better than any Steam/PSN/XBLA only game.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #61
Tom The Diver

Nice to see that the game is a commercial success, and I believe rightfully so. The Alan Wake retail game sales IMO, were far to low considering the enormity of the game, with all the work that has been put in and around it. I really hope there will be a chance of a new reatail title like "Alan Wake - The Return" maybe?

"The war for the philosophical understanding of the indispensability of limited government & individual liberty; A never ending struggle."
Tom The Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #62
thebestbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SHREDDER View Post
And dont forget that most gamers will prefer to play a big budget game like ME3 and not an arcade game. That because the big budget games are a lot better than any Steam/PSN/XBLA only game.
Not really, Big budget just means big risk. Lets cut away the BS shall we? You want this to fail on xbox I remember you saying so.
This has sold around 50K with little press really in just over 2 weeks which is good for an XBLA game priced at 1200MSP.
A fighting game would have had no effect on it infact ME3 would not have had an effect on it either IMO.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #63
Maniac

There are a few things to take into account here. One, there's no worry about a cap on sales as they're never going to run out of copies of the game.

Two, having a trial version will help a lot, as it will likely make people want to upgrade to full version when they unlock their first achievement/award.

At this point they're really only limited by the 360 install base, and that can increase.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #64
thebestbit

Limited? They have over 30M people signed up to gold accounts Sadly some seem to totally ignore XBLA.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #65
Wane

American Nightmare finishes as the top selling Xbox Live Arcade for the week of February 27th.

http://trendygamers.com/2012/03/08/x...wake-debuts-1/
Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #66
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestbit View Post
Limited? They have over 30M people signed up to gold accounts Sadly some seem to totally ignore XBLA.
Yeah, I wouldn't call that limited... lol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #67
thebestbit

Its sad but ive seen people on other forums say they hate XBLA because they are trying to be 'real' games!? You just cant help some.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #68
ak1287

Quote:
AWAN seems to be selling pretty well.

If most gamers prefer those big-budget games, this is definitely the first I've heard about that. I'm with bestbit, don't try and shroud your bullsh!t with a purpose; it's still just bullsh!t.
ak1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #69
revan8

Big budget doesn't mean better. Games like limbo and trails are better than a lot of big budget, me3 is amazing but mw3 is utter shit. A big budget helps a good game to perhaps be even better but a great game like limbo can be great on a shoe string budget. Same with movies actually, transformers 3 utter utter shit and that had a huge budget and there are loads of classic movies on small budgets.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #70
thebestbit

Indeed.

Quote:
only 30.000 sales in 2 weeks? there are games that sell more than 500.000 in 1 week on even less than week , and this sold only 30.000? in 2 weeks?
And nope no XBLA game has sold half a mill in 1 week.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #71
PC Gamer

I'm a big Remedy fan & bought Alan Wake on both 360 & PC (twice) as well as AWAN on XBLA.

But I have to admit the arcade levels are too hard in places the cheap tactic of the respawning behind your blindspot ruining killstreaks is causing bad word of mouth as not everyone has a lot of time to dedicate to 3 starring all of these its too frustrating by far I am sorry to say.

Remedy please lower the score requirements or tweak it a little to be more forgiving its hurting AWAN sales right now!
PC Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #72
Maniac

I voted with my wallet because simply I wanted more Alan wake in any way/shape/form, which is why I got the game. While that means I hope that Remedy will continue to release alan wake games through all different kinds of means (like mobile, arcade, short films) I hope it encourages them to make another direct retail release.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #73
Alessandro

TOP 10 Xbox Live Arcade:

1.I Am Alive

2.Gotham City Impostors

3.Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Well done Remedy.When the pc version??
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #74
THE SHREDDER

congratulations Remedy! but has I am Alive sold more than Alan wake?! From gameplay trailer i have seen of it it dosent looks near as good as AW:AM. I am even surprised that it managed to outsell Alan wake enough to make it is no 1 on xbox live topseller list. I want to believe that total Alan wake american nightmare sales might be higher than i am alive.... but is it true?
Old 07-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #75
thebestbit

So hows this done on steam? Im guessing it has the leaderboards?

The first map on Fight till dawn has over 70K on XBLA