Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #1161
Time
Re: New members post here!

hello. im old gamer of mp1 and mp2. im not hardcore gamer, but the max left something. i had here forum account, but i dont know reason way it got deleted. so i registering again.
gl.
Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #1162
Rich815

I found this site while searcching for some help with the Alan Wake game I just bought. read some posts and liked what I seen. I live in western part of New York State USA. An older gamer than most. I also am a musican play Guitar and Piano/Organ. I am hopeing I can find some help with this game and maybe find a couple new friends. My Friends just call me Rick so my uer name not far off from the Real one. Hi to everyone.
Last edited by Rich815; 03-13-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: mis spelled word
Rich815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #1163
djshauny1

Welcome to the forums
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #1164
canyourunit

Hello all!
I'm the new community manager for canyourunit.com. I'm not here to advertise or anything like that - just here to reach out to the gaming community in any way that I can. Lookin forward to talkin with all of you
canyourunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #1165
Slate

Hey all!
Another new guy here. I'm from the UK and write for a webcomic called Land//Sky. Alan Wake instantly became a huge hit and I was really happy to discover it was a Remedy Product!

Can't wait to meet you all! (Well, as many of you as I'm able.)
Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #1166
Kitt

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome, canyourunit and Slate! It's great to have you here. Enjoy your stay!

<---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!
Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #1167
minnie

Hi!

I'm Kirsi and i live in Finland Rovaniemi. Studying Fashion design in the university. I have been playing games since... well, i still have an old nintendo in the storage somewhere...

=)
minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #1168
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Kirsi!

Remedy's currently known projects:
Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #1169
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Aye, welcome you all.
¨
Be sure to fulfill your daily F5 fix here.

We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be
Zhinarkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #1170
Jakanadin

I realized I never even posted here to introduce myself! My name is Jared Underwood, I'm 20 years old, I live in the United States, I've been happily taken for close to two years by a wonderful woman, I LOVE gaming as you can see, and love proper grammar and correct English! I currently work as a Head Forum Moderator for a Forum of which I'll not advertised unless asked by a Staff member here of course for proof, and I LOVE Max Payne and Alan Wake! Never had a chance to play Death Rally, but I'm sure it's awesome and I'll have to get around to it soon. Anyways, I'm glad I found these Forums, and I look forward to being an active member of them!
Jakanadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #1171
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome, Jakanadin. Enjoy your stay!

Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Old 03-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #1172
Kitt

Volunteer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
I LOVE gaming as you can see, and love proper grammar and correct English!
I like this one!

<---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!
Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #1173
Jakanadin

You'll love me quite well then . Proper grammar and spelling, for me, is a must!
Jakanadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #1174
Nico4

Hello everyone My name is Nicolaj, and I'm from Denmark. Huge Max Payne fan (and quite enjoyed Alan Wake and American Nightmare as well), and is excited as hell for Max Payne 3. Nice to be here
Nico4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #1175
djshauny1

Welcome to the forum Nico4

Old 04-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1176
sidetwo

Formerly of Remedy, currently of awesome.

Welcome all!
sidetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #1177
mouse

hi everyone, been posting for about a week and thought it was time i said hello!

I'm 29 (the big 3-0 next month!) and from the UK. I'm also of the lady variety.

Like most people on here, I found the forum and liked the atmosphere that was going on. I don't do the whole social network thing, but i'll make an exception just this once!
I'm not much of an intense gamer, but sometimes it's good to immerse yourself and blow something up.
When I first heard about Alan Wake (waaaaay back then) I thought it sounded like a great original idea. When it was released (on my birthday!) i was completely blown away.
I loved the story, it's pacing and intelligence, and was amazed at how it could pull a non-gamer like myself into it's world. Seriously, huge pats on the backs to Remedy.......Hollywood could do with a few of your writers.

My favourite thing to do is to hang off the back of a motorbike with my hair on fire, there's really nothing like flying around deepest darkest Derbyshire on a Sunday afternoon while a 600 cc engine screams from between your legs!

When I'm not throwing myself at the wind, i like to paint, or draw if the mood takes me. I've been doing it since before i could write my name and find it extremly rewarding. It's not my day job, but one of these days it will be.

Please check out some of my work and post a comment if you fancy it, I do most subjects but portaits are my speciality. There's a bunch of Wake Art i'm working on at the moment so i'm always posting......keep it alive and come visit!

See you all out here somewhere!

you are gonna shit yourself when you see what i've done to your life!
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #1178
sidetwo

Welcome, mouse! We love your art - as you can see by us featuring it in the Community Spotlight on the main page of these forums Scroll to the right on the big forum spotlite there.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #1179
mouse

Just saw it yesterday and still grinning!

Thanks so much, will be sure to keep posting

you are gonna shit yourself when you see what i've done to your life!
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #1180
adny2

Hello All

My name is Adny Angrand. I'm a traditional animation artist. I'm originally from Miami, Florida. Currently in Massachusetts, and will soon be moving to LA, California.

I've been a gamer since the Atari 2600, and I even still find myself retro gaming a few times a year. I like any genre of gaming as long as I'm kept entertained. However I've always leaned more towards gameplay first, art/story driven games secondly.

With that said, I've loved games like SEGA's Nights Into Dreams for it's artistic visuals and stunning gameplay, been a fan of Sonic Team (when Yuji Naka was at the helm), along with SEGA's AM2 (when Yu Suzuki was at the helm as well). Lets not forget games like Mario and Zelda that also helped to create a few benchmarks in the gaming industry. But I'd like to jump back to SEGA's AM2 team with an excellent story driven game called Shenmue that helped me to realize great games can come with great stories that makes you feel like you're reading a very well written novel on a good Saturday afternoon.

I haven't had that feeling again, of reading a good novel while playing a great game until finally the release of Alan Wake. Good Jesus, I really really really enjoyed this game. And I would like to tip my hat to Remedy for bringing what I would HOPE others in the industry would use as an example of great storytelling and gameplay to our gaming industry.

I shake your hands Remedy, and thank you for allowing me to experience the visuals, the story, the drama, the characters, and the splendor of a great entertaining video game in Alan Wake.
adny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #1181
djshauny1

Welcome to the forums adny2

Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #1182
NYPDMAXPAYNE

Hello everyone, I'm NYPDMAXPAYNE

You can follow me at https://twitter.com/#!/NYPDMAXPAYNE

XBL: NYPDMAXPAYNE

PSN: NYPDMAXPAYNE

Read my interview at http://maxpayneforum.com/

Its great to be here and I am excited to get to know you all!
NYPDMAXPAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #1183
Zorachus

Hello Guys, I am James and I am pursuing my schooling from UCLA

Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
Zorachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #1184
sidetwo

Welcome to the community, guys!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #1185
NYPDMAXPAYNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetwo View Post
Welcome to the community, guys!

Thank you its great to be here!
NYPDMAXPAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #1186
creature fast

Hello! My names adam
I was blown away by alan wake when it came out and its one of my favorite games.With all the hype around max payne 3 I tried out the old max payne games and loved them!
I was soon stumbling around the internet reading about max payne and came across this forum and seems like you have a cool community here so i thought i'd join
creature fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #1187
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome Adam, we hope you enjoy your stay

Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #1188
Mew

My name is Mew, and I am a HUGE Alan Wake fan.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #1189
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Mew!

Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Old 05-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #1190
Mew

Thank you, Morry! :3
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1191
Oddbrother

Hello! Nice to meet you.

Death Rally was a diamond in the rough that was dug out thanks to 3D Realms and Apogee software. Without featuring Duke Nukem in it, this game would've never seen the light of day to true nostalgia it had.

It makes me wonder why there isn't a behind the scenes or history of its development.

And yes, I'm talking about both the old and new versions.
Oddbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #1192
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Oddbrother, welcome to the forums.

For a bit of an inside look in to the original Death Rally, 3D Realms published a round of "legacy" interviews a few years ago - one of which featured Remedy and their involvement with Death Rally.
http://www.3drealms.com/news/2006/05...legacy_18.html

As for the new versions, its really a question of whether anyone in the team has some time to spare for nostalgic reflection.

Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Old 05-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #1193
prettypaula

Hi everyone! Prettypaula here. I've been an avid gamer for almost half decade now. I hope I could meet lot of new people here. =)
prettypaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1194
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Old 05-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #1195
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome aboard.

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"
Kahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #1196
Sinbadfan69

Hello
I'm Kelsey and I'm a very big fan of Alan Wake, There's not a day that goes by that I don't use an Alan Wake reference in my everyday life
Sinbadfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #1197
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome.

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"
Kahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #1198
sskitt

Hello bros im here through death rally ****ing awesom on my ipad. Can anyone tell me how to connect to friends channel to play against ?
Thanks ..ss..
sskitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #1199
sskitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbadfan69 View Post
Hello
I'm Kelsey and I'm a very big fan of Alan Wake, There's not a day that goes by that I don't use an Alan Wake reference in my everyday life
Hi kelsey
sskitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #1200
Laufas

New~Old fan here.

I've been a fan since Max Payne back when it first released, I was an 11 year old swedish kid at the time of release so it wasn't really for the writing and graphic novels that I was into it, it was about the atmosphere and the cool as shit visuals and action type gameplay. Later on of course that changed, the writing is brilliant, doesn't take itself too seriously and the moments breaking the 4th wall are so much fun, the trippy dream sequences. Not to mention very memorable characters.

It was back when playing Alan Wake on it's PC release that I realized, wow these guys make fantastic game outside of Max Payne. I mean wow, I enjoyed that game so much, story was so much fun and very intriguing, the manuscripts were a big part of this, finding pages of events that would happen later in the game, just great.

I just wanna give you credit for how you make your games, the stuff you put in there to just give your world even more life to it, that could be tv shows or radio reports or really small stuff such as lurking bathrooms for painkillers or if you're playing Alan Wake, ammo, batteries or flares

I'm not sure if others notice that kind of stuff, but games are honestly becoming very statc this generation, there's just a straight line for you to walk, there's none of that fun stuff older games had, walk up to a toilet and flush it... like there's not any purpose to it, but it just gets you more involved with the setting. Playing Alan Wake I realized how much I had missed that and it was great just exploring and checking out the environment

Your settings are just.... the shit, you guys really know how to create fantastic worlds and I never grow tired of being in them. Gosh, I'm gonna start rambling soon, but really the oozing woods at night in Alan Wake, the amazing looking lights that really stand out in the night, and the day time sections, god... It's something I wanted even more of, I loved how they set up the story and how you got to meet the towns people. If you make AW2 I would love even more of this, maybe take it a step further and have us get more involved with the day time stuff, beyond setting the story up.

Not to mention what you did with Max Payne 1 and 2, Part 1 of MP1 is just amazing setting wise and my favorite part of the whole game, the subway, lupino's hotel, the shady apartment buildings, the rooftops and laundry mat. FANTASTIC, I replayed it few months before Max Payne 3 and after having played Max Payne 3 I just last week replayed Max Payne 1 and I seem to love it more with each playthrough. Then you have the rainy awesome nights in Max Payne 2 with the brilliant graphic novels that look fantastic here.. I don't wanna start rambling so I'll just wrap up

Keep up the great work I can't wait to see what the future holds for you, I'm very excited for a possible AW2 and I'm hoping a PC release doesn't take as long to release this time around.

Quick comments on Max Payne 3 even though it's a Rockstar title. I loved it, but it is for different reasons, I like the way you guys did the story more and I think you had more memorable characters, Max's dialogue was better and games were more self aware, not taking itself as seriously, poking fun at itself even, and the biggest reason perhaps, openess of levels, there was more room to explore in your games and that is something I love very much about them as stated above and the much more linear structure of Max Payne 3 was a bit of a bummer. That said, I do still love it because the core gameplay is simply incredible, so I appreciate what it did and how it plays for different reasons, it's a game I love, but perhaps not a game I love from a Max Payne type standpoint, pure gameplay mechanics aside.

Either way, wow this is a massive rambling mess, sorry about that. Thanks for making great ****ing games
Laufas is offline   Reply With Quote