Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
THE SHREDDER

Alan Wake American nightmare PC version show your support!

I created this thread so we can show MS that we want the game on PC! now people please start posting here! And maybe if lot of us post here MS will be conviced to allow remedy to release it on pc.

It worked for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade editon pc version. The thread on Capcom forums had more than 500.000 views and more than 500 pages of people requesting it. and it worked as finaly SSF4AE came on pc. I understand that with MS it will be a lot harder but at least we must try! now people start posting here right now!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
PC Gamer

Re: Alan Wake American nightmare PC version show your support!

Its not needed Remedy already know of the demand after how well Alan Wake sold on PC they will be working behind the scenes to make it happen probably take up to 6 months due to XBLA exclusive deal but its only a matter of when not if
Old 03-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
ryamkajr

Yeah, Remedy has already all but confirmed it with various "wink, wink" comments throughout the press.

This is a timed exclusive for Xbox, after which it will be coming to PC.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
eskimosound

Nah, buy an Xbox... end of!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
LSKzane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryamkajr View Post
This is a timed exclusive for Xbox, after which it will be coming to PC.
Exactly!, although we dont know for sure.........

I've put the Imagination in its Place.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
X-RaY2

f**k xbox i want it on PC
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
Lunapocalypse

I'll pay 50 dollars for one!

Encounter. I Will Kill.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
eskimosound

@X-RaY2 Nah, XBOX rules, I used to swear buy PC then I got my XBOX... there is no looking back it is superb.... knocks the stuffing out of my PC and I've got a really good PC, its just the ease of use and I am stunned at the quality of the graphics seeing as its supposed to be an old Chip, should have bought one years ago, seriously, it also knocks the stuffing out of a PS3... that was worse than my PC, pile of rubbish. Sold it after a month... thought I would never get another console, then wanted to play Alan Wake, thought, yep I can justify buying one now (Took me Two Years!) And bob's yer uncle...Mint.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Once again I find myself in a position where I have to point out that that while there may be threads out there in the great wide world where a rousing debate of the pros and cons of various gaming platforms is welcome, this is not that thread.

Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD
Old 03-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
djshauny1

Id like to see it come to PC for people who want to play it on that platform.

However i wont buy another copy.

The first game was great and i did buy it a few times actually.

But i dont think its in the same league as the original.

So ill just stick with my xbox version.

Its a good game and all but it lacks the magic of the original for me.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
eskimosound

Like I said, I bought my XBox especially to play Alan Wake, I've got a PC sure, built 3, know them inside out, love them but for me Im so glad I got the console as it allows me to keep my comp clutter free of games.
So no keep the whole franchise on XBox fro me otherwise it defeats the object. And yep I had Max Payne 1&2 on PC!... You know I bought the PSP when it came out souly to play Splinter Cell Essentials! Its endless and the consumer never wins.....
Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Stemot

I'd buy a PC version today. Just wish we'd get an official confirmation that it will be coming for certain.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
thebestbit

I could support but you said you wanted the game to fail on xbox so no.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
Baast

Damn I hope Remedy will release American Nightmare on PC, more sales can't hurt.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
Danny_Strelok

I hope that the PC versión of American Nightmare be released soon! the original alan wake is great!! one of my favourite games.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
harra

Please،please،please work on alan wake american nightmare pc version......Please...I want alan wake american nightmare for pc...
Old 03-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
TannosukeGR

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/26424...-take-my-money

This gif proves it all. 1 video = 1000 pictures = 1000000 words.

The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !
Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
harra

I want this...I want this play on pc Please... Please answer:
Do come this game for PC???
Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Yog-Sothoth

I'd definitely love to see American Nightmare come to the PC. I held out hope for the original to release on the PC. Bought it day one and wasn't disappointed at all. It even exceeded my expectations.

As much as I'd like to get a 360 to play AWAN now. I simply can't afford to go and buy a console for one game.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
THE SHREDDER

With the high sales of Alan wake on pc we showed remedy that we want american nightmare on pc too! Now we must wait until Microsoft allows them to do it
Old 04-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #21
EliParker

I would like Alan Wake American Nightmare on the PC.

My reason are that MS isn't the best system for Alan Wake, this game should have been an open world horror game for the PC (and maybe PS3).

So instead of working on making Alan Wake on the next Xbox system, you can build on this game via DLCs and open up the world.

Anybody here feels the same?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:40 AM   #22
On2wheels

If it does come to PC, would it be standalone or DLC that needs the original to run?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
LSKzane

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliParker View Post

My reason are that MS isn't the best system for Alan Wake, this game should have been an open world horror game for the PC (and maybe PS3).

So instead of working on making Alan Wake on the next Xbox system, you can build on this game via DLCs and open up the world.

Absolutely not.
The game is awesome as it is, i dont think Open World would make it a better.
Besides, this was already discussed so many times...

Just make a PC Version and the 'Super Effective Sales' will get even better!

Old 04-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSKzane View Post
Absolutely not.
The game is awesome as it is, i dont think Open World would make it a better.
Besides, this was already discussed so many times...

Just make a PC Version and the 'Super Effective Sales' will get even better!
I think that Alan Wake would be a better IP if it was on PC only. I have nothing against Xbox users (as I have one also), but majority of Xbox only users don't like games outside of that is popular or MP only. Also if it was PC only, as fans the wait between games won't be so long. Fans had to wait two years for AW to finally show up on the PC. So how long are we going to wait for AW: AN to show up on the PC (two years? I'll think that it may never come out for the PC until Remedy comes out and say "look AW: AN will come out for the PC at ---- 2012"). Also making a case for this IP not to be on the Xbox is look at how quickly they made a profit when it finally left the Xbox. I believe that Alan Wake would be a better fit on PC/PS3/Wii U as the games on those systems are likely to try a new IP and getting a horror game.

To me Alan Wake feels like it needs to be a open world, as the darkness is taking over town, and having being able to access have of the town would make for a great horror game.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
LSKzane

Ok if you really think AW would be better as an Open World game and so on, fine, im okay with that but please, this is a discussion from like 2-3 yrs ago, let it finally rest dude we had that so many times already...

Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
EliParker

Quote:
Ok if you really think AW would be better as an Open World game and so on, fine, im okay with that but please, this is a discussion from like 2-3 yrs ago, let it finally rest dude we had that so many times already...
Fair enough, but having discussions about open world for the Alan Wake IP will show Remedy that AW 2 should be an open world game.

If Remedy creates a new forum page for AW 2, then I'll discuss what I think they should add to AW 2 (from the POV of a fan).
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #27
LSKzane

If you really want to play a Open world Horror Game, try Deadly Premonition.
One of the best games ive played last year.

And after all, theyre Remedy! They simply cant make any bad games so just trust them, AW2 will be awesome. Im pretty damn sure about that!

Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #28
EliParker

Quote:
If you really want to play a Open world Horror Game, try Deadly Premonition.
One of the best games ive played last year.

And after all, theyre Remedy! They simply cant make any bad games so just trust them, AW2 will be awesome. Im pretty damn sure about that!
Played and beat DP, it was on my fave horror games. I can't wait for the "upgraded" version that is coming for the PS3 and that is meant to come out this year.

I do trust Remedy, but my trust was broken many times over by the video game industry, so I would like Remedy to be open with their fans.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
thebestbit

Quote:

Quote:
I think that Alan Wake would be a better IP if it was on PC only. I have nothing against Xbox users (as I have one also), but majority of Xbox only users don't like games outside of that is popular or MP only. Also if it was PC only, as fans the wait between games won't be so long. Fans had to wait two years for AW to finally show up on the PC. So how long are we going to wait for AW: AN to show up on the PC (two years? I'll think that it may never come out for the PC until Remedy comes out and say "look AW: AN will come out for the PC at ---- 2012"). Also making a case for this IP not to be on the Xbox is look at how quickly they made a profit when it finally left the Xbox. I believe that Alan Wake would be a better fit on PC/PS3/Wii U as the games on those systems are likely to try a new IP and getting a horror game.

To me Alan Wake feels like it needs to be a open world, as the darkness is taking over town, and having being able to access have of the town would make for a great horror game.
Bold parts are what i dont agree on. AW was not ment to be a horror game and its style of story would not work in an open world style.
It made a profit on xbox just took longer than Remedy/MS would have liked.

Wii? They only buy Nintendo games on that system and it would have looked pretty ugly.

And again its not a horror game.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #30
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestbit View Post
Bold parts are what i dont agree on. AW was not ment to be a horror game and its style of story would not work in an open world style.
It made a profit on xbox just took longer than Remedy/MS would have liked.

Wii? They only buy Nintendo games on that system and it would have looked pretty ugly.

And again its not a horror game.
I wrote Wii U the next gen Nintendo system coming out this year.

The reason the story work for this was they likely they rewrote it it fit the style of the game.

I have to say Alan Wake was a horror game with a story (which is rare in any horror game or movie)

About the profit on the Xbox, I don't think MS wants to wait for the long run when it comes to any IP.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
thebestbit

Not horror but a third-person shooter psychological thriller action game. [says so on the box ]
And Remedy tried it as a open world game before deciding it didn't work for the story.

Wii/Wii U? same crowd slightly different name.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #32
EliParker

Quote:
Not horror but a third-person shooter psychological thriller action game. [says so on the box ]
And Remedy tried it as a open world game before deciding it didn't work for the story.

Wii/Wii U? same crowd slightly different name.

You win, on that.

The Wii U is close to PS3's power as a system, the disc being close to the same capacity as a Bluray and Nintendo has a good fanbase. I'm one of them and Nintendo's fanbase are likely to buy a new IP.

About open world, if Remedy uses 12GB or more for their games a open world horror game (or third-person shooter psychological thriller action game) with a story can be done.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #33
thebestbit

Its funny you say that because we know nothing about the wiis specs. Latest reports now say its weaker than the current Xbox/Sony consoles. And Nintendo said last year the disc formart is about half the size of a BD.

But again AW's story would have to be changed a fair bit to work in an open world game. And i would rather them focus on story and characters than a large gaming world thats mostly just scenery with nothing to do.

If you want a open world horror game? Maybe buy Saints Row 3 and simply put on the zombie cheat or get Red Dead redemption undead nightmare.

Oh and i dare say this will come to PC in about 5 months
Old 04-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #34
EliParker

Quote:
Its funny you say that because we know nothing about the wiis specs. Latest reports now say its weaker than the current Xbox/Sony consoles. And Nintendo said last year the disc formart is about half the size of a BD.
The Wii U is about the same size without playing Bluray, but it can change from now to when it's release.

Quote:
But again AW's story would have to be changed a fair bit to work in an open world game. And i would rather them focus on story and characters than a large gaming world thats mostly just scenery with nothing to do.
This is something that I believe that can make, all they need to do is put effort.

Quote:
If you want a open world horror game? Maybe buy Saints Row 3 and simply put on the zombie cheat or get Red Dead redemption undead nightmare.
I like Saints Row 3 for the combat, but the zombie cheats are a joke. RDR simply put it suck (to me all rockstar combats is bad)

Quote:
Oh and i dare say this will come to PC in about 5 months
You may be right, but until Remedy comes out and says it then I don't believe they will release it on the PC.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #35
Yog-Sothoth

I don't think it's too important whether or not someone wants to call Alan Wake a horror. The themes of horror in it are undeniable. Many dark thrillers border on the horror genre anyway.

Alan Wake definitely scared and disoriented me more than either Dead Space or any recent Resident Evil has. I'd call it a surrealist horror game, myself. But that doesn't really matter.

Also. I disagree that Alan Wake should be PC only. Nothing wrong with multi-platform releases. I just hope that they do indeed continue supporting the PC. I also hope there are no more extremely large delays between them.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #36
edcar007

Please go back to topic and remember that the PC version of alan wake wasn't a commercial failure.I am pretty sure they will make a PC version to american nightmare as well.Just be patient.

''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
-Stephen King
Old 04-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #37
Hurley1516

I would buy a pc version of american nightmare right now!

I believe that the more people play AW the better and that means more version of the game for different platforms. I'm a pcgamer who doesn't own an xbox but as long as I eventually get the pc version on a reasonable time I am glad the game is on as many platforms as Remedy decides
Last edited by Hurley1516; 04-07-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: W.U.I Writing under the influence of alcohol
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #38
thebestbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcar007 View Post
Please go back to topic and remember that the PC version of alan wake wasn't a commercial failure.I am pretty sure they will make a PC version to american nightmare as well.Just be patient.
As i said i see it coming 6 months after the 360 version, year at the most. Most big XBLA games seem to end up on PC at some point.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #39
LSKzane

Quote:
. Most big XBLA games seem to end up on PC at some point.
True, true...

Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Baast

Quote:
True, true...
But with Microsoft being the publisher...You never know.

I still want to believe and the fact that Remedy "teased" the PC version does not mean much to me. Perhaps they are interested in porting this spin-off to PC but i believe the whole matter lies in the hands of Microsoft.
Closed Thread