Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake > Alan Wake Help & Issues

Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
rhliau
Product Activation Problem

Hi guys, myself is from Malaysia and I bought the retail copy of Alan Wake from Taiwan recently. However, my activation key was not recognized by showing "The Item are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled". Anyone care to help, please? It wasn't mentioned on the retail box that the game was restricted by region....
rhliau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
MarkusRMD

Remedy
Re: Product Activation Problem

The TW keys are limited to TW and HK - as our retail partners wanted. This should really be handled through Nordic games support but if you can PM or e-mail (markus remedygames.com) with some kind of proof of purchase like a scan of a receipt I can get you a region free code.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
rhliau

Hi Markus, u've been extremely helpful and I'm really grateful for that... Anyway, I've email my proof of purchase to your email, please check.

A million thanks again!

p/s: I suggest that you should request your Taiwan/HK distributor to have the regional restriction stated on the retail box or else someone else may end up like me again...
rhliau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
MarkusRMD

Remedy

You should have a code in your email. I will have a chat with the distributor.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
DUMSYS

Markus: I have sent a email for replacing my TW version Steam key, please help me check it.
DUMSYS is offline   Reply With Quote