Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > General > Other Gaming

Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #81
Taken634

Re: Minecraft

Wait a minute..Minecraft isn't just going to Kinect right? Because if so..

OH GOD IS THIS THE EMOTION YOU CALL HAPPINESS!!!!!????????

Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Last edited by Taken634; 06-28-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Taken634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #82
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Minecraft on Kinect? Eww.

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"
Kahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #83
WakeLestat360

Guys... err.. i need help. =3

Well, actually, i'm playing in Single Player mode, you know, to learn things...

But here's the catch: Well... i have my "secret hidden place, where creepers can't enter because it's a very secret place", i have a bed, a chest, a craft place and a furnace. Yeah, it's going very well... but it's only this? I mean, there's no crazy things that i can do? Like, a waterfall? Or, pool? Or something like a castle?

And, i can edit my character? O_O

Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!
WakeLestat360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #84
GunGrave TZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
Guys... err.. i need help. =3

Well, actually, i'm playing in Single Player mode, you know, to learn things...

But here's the catch: Well... i have my "secret hidden place, where creepers can't enter because it's a very secret place", i have a bed, a chest, a craft place and a furnace. Yeah, it's going very well... but it's only this? I mean, there's no crazy things that i can do? Like, a waterfall? Or, pool? Or something like a castle?

And, i can edit my character? O_O

Well, if you want to make a waterfall or pool, I'm just going to say this. You can make buckets.

And somewhat yeah. You can download custom skins for multiplayer. Like I currently am Nyan Cat.

And also, would you guys be up for playing if I made a multiplayer server for us? Just for us?

In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.
GunGrave TZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #85
WakeLestat360

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunGrave TZA View Post
Well, if you want to make a waterfall or pool, I'm just going to say this. You can make buckets.

And somewhat yeah. You can download custom skins for multiplayer. Like I currently am Nyan Cat.

And also, would you guys be up for playing if I made a multiplayer server for us? Just for us?
Oh man, thank you! I can make buckets? O_O JESUS, this is cool! I was watching my friend play, and he made a "lava pool", and put something like a "trap door", and so a Skeleton walked by and puff! It was pretty cool!

And, hey, if you want to accept a noob (me) playing, sure i'm! Actually, i'm in my vacations, so i have a lot of time to play!

Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #86
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Sure, I'll join you guys. Minecraft is all the more fun in multiplayer. And there's always so much to learn.

Also, WakeLestat360: Use this site to check out what you can make using recipes: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting - it's a nifty site to use if you can't remember something, don't know something, or just want to refresh your memory. I don't know how many times it's saved my life.

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"
Last edited by Kahr; 07-01-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #87
WakeLestat360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahr View Post
Sure, I'll join you guys. Minecraft is all the more fun in multiplayer. And there's always so much to learn.

Also, WakeLestat360: Use this site to check out what you can make using recipes: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting - it's a nifty site to use if you can't remember something, don't know something, or just want to refresh your memory. I don't know how many times it's safe my life.
Thank you Kahr! Really thank you, this is awesome, it will help me a lot! Actually, it already helped me, cause now i know how to make a fence, so i'm making a place to my boat!

Now, i have to be a strong man and start to search dungeons

Old 07-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #88
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Sooo, any news on the server, GunGrave?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #89
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

It occurs to me that I may have forgotten to post this here, but I made a rather long article about my adventure into the world of Minecraft a while back (posted it up for my fellow server community members to read), but I forgot to post it here. Here you can basically read what I thought about the game and how addicted I became over time:
http://mads.cruxious.org/#post43

Also, to further comment on something Mikki said earlier (about Pistons), Pistons changed everything, Mikki. Not only are the possibilities with mostly anything now endless, but the way it has completely improved upon and changed how people think regarding Redstone Circuits, it's amazing. I had scratched a good deal of the surface of Redstone Circuits before Pistons came, and I thought I had seen it all (especially when one guy at my server (apparently a computer genious (seriously)) made a CPU out of it), but Pistons made us all Redstone Virgins again. It's amazing!

My two most favorite (and used) Redstone Circuits were the classic RSNor (can be used for everything) and T Flip-Flop (makes a button act as a lever, basically). One guy on my server invented (using Pistons) a circuit that combines the RSNor and the T Flip-Flop, and it's only using a 5x3x2 grid.

Yeah, I'm all over Pistons and Redstone like you wouldn't believe it.

(These days I am also learning about Pulse Generators and Redstone Circuits that utilize pulses - it's a whole new world!).

Old 07-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #90
yogibbear

One day they'll say "Minecraft CAN play Crysis". That's right, someone coded in red dust the entire code to crysis....

BAAAHAHAHAHHAAH. Okay now someone do it.

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!
yogibbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #91
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Yeah, I'll be impressed when Minecraft can play itself. Imagine the possibilities; a world is supporting another world is supporting another world, all through Redstone wiring.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #92
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

I am so confused with this game. It is pretty obvious that you can create almost anything and build almost anything, but there's no manual! no tutorial! So I have been reading wiki. I guess that's the fun of it, to find out yourself.

I am having a ton of fun with this game and will continue to play it for a long time I think.

We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be
Zhinarkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #93
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Kahr!!! What does the new update include?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #94
WakeLestat360

Someone here still playing?

I'm a master now! (NOT)

Really, i suck. But i can't stop playing, i can't stop playing! And or, i must say that GunGraveTZA it's off the internet a little, i think... i've received a message from him, on Xbox Live.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #95
MikkiRMD

Remedy

The people on our server kind of drifted off when it became clear that the upcoming 1.8 update would not be compatible with the old world -- there just wasn't much desire to build or explore anything when they know it'll just get wiped. I kind of feel the same way. So we'll start all over again once the update hits. People are pretty excited about it, too.
MikkiRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #96
MikkiRMD

Remedy

...the upcoming 1.8 update that just came out, actually! Wow, that was excellent timing.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #97
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Something has changed(no shit, I noticed, but)what is changed exactly?
Other than appearance.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #98
MikkiRMD

Remedy

A lot; 1.8 is a pretty big update! I can't find a changelist for it -- I think the update might not actually be live yet, I'm not sure -- but it's got new biome types (there are ravines and other cool geographical features now), new blocks, new monsters, more interaction between monsters and animals, NPC villages (which you can turn on or off, I believe; they're empty for now, but they'll be populated in the next update), better lighting... just a ton of stuff, really. Really looking forward to it!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #99
yogibbear

Porkchops are stackable.

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!
yogibbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #100
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibbear View Post
Porkchops are stackable.
Hell, that alone's worth the upgrade. =)
Old 09-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #101
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

hell yeah!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #102
Mirror Peak

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

Everything from the update is listed here, and yeah, it's huge. I've been playing it all morning, and I can say it was worth the wait.
Mirror Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #103
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Thank you!

Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #104
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

The 1.8 update is pretty nice. It's put a whole lot more survival into Survival Mode as well with the hunger bar. Gotta eat!

Our server has recently updated (today!), and people are pouring in like crazy. I haven't had too much time to get used to all the new stuff yet, but so far I am liking it. The new world seeds are awesome, and the biomes are a lot prettier than they used to be. The new mobs (Endermen mostly) are fun, but quickly boring. The Endermen works very poorly in Multiplayer, and they're a lot less scary than I expected. Basically, as it is now, it spawns far too often (they were supposed to be rare), and their weakness of water really made him far less scary than he first came out to be. I mean, all you need is to always have a bucket of water in your inventory (which is basically a must have anyways), and you're good to go!

There are some new block types too that I'm liking. The new stone bricks are looking nice, as well as iron bars and glass panes. All in all, it's put a lot of fun back into the game. I'm loving starting all over again on a new map, so I'm pretty busy helping build large community services right now (mainly a large rail network for the entire map). It's also amazing to see so many people coming together and helping out with everything on the new map. Staff, regulars and newcomers alike are going out of their ways to help each other. SMP (Survival Multiplayer) has never been more fun!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #105
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Niiice, Kahr.

I haven't updated our server yet -- I'm actually getting a whole bunch of guys together (everybody on our server knows each other from real life) and we're basically just gonna nerd out and do a tour of the coolest stuff we've built on our server before we abandon the old stuff and start all over on 1.8 -- people have put in a lot of effort and built some pretty impressive stuff, so we didn't really want to just shrug and wipe it out.

Yes. A bunch of people are going to get drunk while watching Minecraft. What can I say? That's just how the cool kids roll.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #106
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Haha, sounds like fun, Mikki. Yeah, I had a stroll through the old map before I transferred to the new one. Even got to bring an entire inventory of stuff over, so I brought with me my 10K saved up iron and my around 1K saved up diamonds. And some gold, of course. Now I'm ready to begin new adventures!

SMP 1.8 is still a bit buggy, but it seems like they are rolling out fixes on the fly. Especially Bukkit, if you're using that. If not, could be worth looking into. Bukkit has some very nice features, especially for security and bug fixes.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #107
GunGrave TZA

...OH S**T SORRY FOR COMPLETELY IGNORING THE WORD ON THE SERVER. I do that, sometimes I totally forget I'm in the middle of a conversation online.

Even worse news, the idea I suggested seems unlikely. I cannot do port forwarding on my router and so I can't host the server. Unless anybody else wants to?

Also what does everyone think of the 1.9 pre-release? I'm holding off until the official release so the new additions are more fresh and more of a surprise.

In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.
GunGrave TZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #108
TheJerkstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM View Post
Can't believe there's not a thread about this game!

So who's playing?

I'm slowly getting suckered in. My time is spent, ever so gently, building up a fortress. Conquering the world, one block at a time.

More info here:
http://minecraft.net/
Do you have your own public or private server? I think it would be awesome if someone created and hosted a community server for everyone to play.

Alan Wake fanboy.
TheJerkstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:16 AM   #109
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

I don't think there's any community servers, but I am a staff member over at CF|UK - so I guess I can invite you guys there.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #110
TheJerkstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahr View Post
I don't think there's any community servers, but I am a staff member over at CF|UK - so I guess I can invite you guys there.
Awesome, I'll check it out. I think someone should create a server dedicated to members on the Alan Wake forums. I could set up one and host it too, but I think most people would have pretty bad connection to me because I am from Australia and all.

Alan Wake fanboy.
TheJerkstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #111
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

Well, it's been a while since we talked about Minecraft, and with another huge update around the corner, I thought I'd talk about some of the highlights thus far:

Potions. How good are they? Well, it depends entirely on your playstyle. One essentially good thing about them, now that food is essential, is actually healing potions. Instead of eating food to keep your starvation meter in check which against slowly fills up your health bar... the health potions instantly heals your health. This can be quite handy if you're in a tight spot and there's no time to wait for your hearts to go back up. These lovlies are life savers!
Speed potions are lots of fun, especially the Speed II potion. Exploration has never been faster!
Fire resistance potions are also a lot of fun. And comes in handy when there's pools of lava to be... overcome. Especially in the Nether, where you have to go anyways if you want to start brewing potions.

Enchantments. At first I was a bit baffled by this (potions as well, actually), because it didn't seem to fit with the previous Minecraft feel. I mean, potions and enchantments? What is this, World of Minecraft? Actually, yes, it is. My point is, it seemed to be trying to take on more and more RPG elements, which I didn't see the point of. I wanted Minecraft to remain what it was - just a big ass sandbox game that you made what you wanted out of. But, now that I've had a lot of time with this, I am slowly starting to love it a little bit more each passing day. Basically, you use XP levels (which you get from killing mobs) to enchant items (armor, weapons and tools) - the higher the XP level, the higher the chance of getting good enchantments. For instance, getting Fortune III on a diamond pick will really increase your income - when you start mining those diamonds, you'll get 1 to 3 more diamonds - per diamond ore block! How awesome is that! There are loads of good enchantments, and if you want to see them all, head over to the Minecraft Wiki.
One thing that bugs me though is how the enchantment system works. First of all, reading the enchantments can be quite a hassle. But that's not the worst problem... The worst thing is that for some weird reason, a level 40 enchantment can be TONS better than a 49 or a 50 (which is the highest). That's just silly... And I've had to learn this the hard way (by continuously experimenting).

These two improvements to the game seems to be pretty much all consuming, these days. Especially on the server I'm on (because no, I don't play SSP - that's just boring). People are always trying to find ways to XP grind efficiently, so that they can enchant their items in order to do two things: more XP grinding and increased diamond return.

Funny thing is, we've found ways to make XP grinding ridiculously fast. A while back (about the time pretty much right after the map changed and we got the 1.8 beta), our lovely Admin gave us the ability to mine spawners (yes, actually pick up spawners), and choose what they spawn. Some of our more experimental mob lovers found effective ways to have several spawners put together in certain ways, elevated to 22 blocks (because 23 kills them) and drop them down to a tight area, where you could stand and throw a splash potion of harm - You would just have to stand there and receive shitloads of XP from each load. And being a fun bunch as we are, we decided that the best mob to do this with would be the Creepers - because now we have so much gunpowder we don't know how to spend it all (due to this, sand has become infinitely more valuable than gunpowder (because sand and gunpowder makes TNT)).

Other than that, redstone hasn't changed much. Pistons did a whole world of change to redstone systems, but after the introduction of pistons there hasn't really been anything new on that front. Two upcoming updates are interesting though: you can one more put redstone on glowstone (which has some weird properties I'm not getting into right now), and we can now have proper redstone controlled light. Light switches! Without having to use noisy piston-based systems!

Minecraft is as much fun as it has always been, and there's always new things to discover. Especially with a game that is still being updated and enhanced.

I may do a little screenshot series to show my progress though a lot of stuff on our server, and maybe a review of the new things to come in the next update (which are quite a few...).

Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #112
SnowboarderX

Minecraft!!

Any big players here? I've got a GREAT server run by a group called SilentNoobs.
Check em out!

My username on there is the same as on here: SnowboarderX

It's not a lake.... It's an ocean.
Last edited by SnowboarderX; 04-17-2012 at 08:05 PM.
SnowboarderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #113
Dusk Golem

Volunteer Moderator

Merged the new Minecraft topic with the old one.

Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Dusk Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #114
WakeLestat360

When Minecraft will be released on Xbox 360?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #115
dalegt4

may 9th i believe
dalegt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #116
creature fast

Anyone here got Minecraft for xbox yet? Its really good fun, having never played the pc version it doesnt bother me that its kind of stripped down but I can see that being dissapointing for a pc player. Updates are promised though
creature fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #117
The_Omnigamer

When I first saw Minecraft... I hated it. Thought it was dumb. Then I started playing it. My attitude? "Eh, it's ok."

Now we turn to today... where I'm working on constructing a replica of the Tower of Hera from Zelda a Link to the Past. I may start work on the other dungeons as well. Haven't decided yet, but it's crazy addicting. Maybe a little too much X_X

You know what the difference is between you and me? I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!
The_Omnigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #118
MissShortieB

im gonna have a look ar minecraft later, see whats it all about

check-out my youtube :)
http://www.youtube.com/MissShortieB
MissShortieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #119
MissShortieB

MINECRAFT my house