Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake's American Nightmare > American Nightmare Gameplay Discussion

Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Jill
Alan Wake did what again?!!!...(AWAN Theories, HEAVY SPOILERS!)

Hello Everyone!

I have just finished playing AWAN last weekend and I already did my second playthrough just this week in preparation for this thread. This is my first post for the AWAN part of the forum. This is a “Theoretical Interpretation” of the AWAN game. I know there are already numerous existing theoretical threads here. Now, I opened up my own thread because I don’t want to sound like I am “trolling” these existing threads here. My “theory” for the AWAN game kind of is connected to my existing “theory” for the main Alan Wake game and Franchise anyway.

If you want to know what I am talking about for this AWAN “Theory,” I greatly and urgently suggest that you should please read my Alan Wake game “Theory” first so you would understand a little bit of what I am talking about here. Here is the thread, and by the way, it is a little bit lengthy. So, I hope you have the patience to read all of it. This Link also belongs to this Forum, so it’s safe! Here you go:

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7997

Now, do you want to see what this AWAN “theory” is all about? By the way, it is also a little bit lengthy, so please be patient. I also placed it in a spoiler tab below. When you are ready, just “Click-er” away! Here it is:

Spoiler:

If you want to join in with your comments or suggestions, please feel free to post here. After all, this is what this forum is all about. It’s free for all! Until next time…

Cheers!

(Please pardon my Wall of Text.)
Last edited by Jill; 03-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Maniac

Re: Alan Wake did what again?!!!...(AWAN Theories, HEAVY SPOILERS!)

I have also posted what I thought happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZwDVpG-CQE
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
I have also posted what I thought happened

Cool, Maniac! You did a good job with your post! My “theory” is different than yours, though. And I will still stick to mine for now! My “Theory” makes sense to me. It explains a lot of things to me.

I noticed that what you did with your work is called “AWAN: So what happened?” And that is exactly what you told us! You are telling us what happened! You are telling us what happened in the story! You are telling us the story that we already know! You are not giving us a theoretical answer, you are giving us a story that we already know! You are just repeating what we already know! We’ve also played all the Alan Wake games Dude! We also know “what happened” with the story in all of these games. In your work, 90% of it is story that we already know. Only 10% of it is “Theoretical.” And out of that 10%, I still don’t buy it.

I’m sorry Maniac, but I don’t buy it! Your 10% “theory” is different than my “theory.” And I’m still going with my “Theory” for now.

Great job though, Maniac. And thank you very much for showing it to me, Dude! But the “Paradox Theory” and everything in it, including the “AWAN Theory” above still stands for me! The “Paradox Theory” right now is the single “Theoretical Interpretation” that explains “The Flow” of the events of the entire Alan Wake Franchise. That is why I’m sticking to this “Theory” for now!

I wish you well, Dude! And good luck in your long journey through the night back into the light!

Cheers!
Last edited by Jill; 03-31-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Pickman

Hey Jill, you finally made it to Arizona.

In AWAN, Mr Scratch is every tabloid and bad rumor, about Alan. So I see this as a sneak peak into Alans past.
This is all theoretical of course, but like Rose in the departure might have hinted, about Alans wild nights. Mr Scratch is doing just that, drinking and fooling around with the women, but it's all rumors, maybe...maybe not, who knows it's all rumors, damn you Remedy!
Alan never killed anyone of course, that's just a rumor! But I know he didn't kill Alice, if that's where that rumor started.
So maybe the rumor is that, Alan went into Roses trailer, got drunk and had his way with her, ergo Mr scratch crazy nights. It had nothing to do with Alan New York life, so we still know nothing from Alans past...

So this is all tied into the original story and doesn't apply as a real sequel, it's a spin off, like Remedy says.

And again Alice is waiting at the end. Except Alice is in another castle.

I haven't but so much thought in AWAN, so I really don't have anything significant.

I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary
Pickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickman View Post
Hey Jill, you finally made it to Arizona.

Hey, Pickman Dude! Glad to talk to you again! Yup, I made it to Night Springs, Arizona. And you know what, Dude? – It was “Awesome!!!

Quote:
In AWAN, Mr Scratch is every tabloid and bad rumor, about Alan. So I see this as a sneak peak into Alans past. This is all theoretical of course,

You are “theoretically” correct, Dude! Mr. Scratch is exactly that because Alan Wake wrote him to be that way on this page:

The Genesis of Mr. Scratch

I’ve seen the enemy, and it’s me. I’ve seen dark horrors before, things that lived in the unimaginable pressures of the world beyond our own. Sometimes they masquerade as humans.

That’s what ultimately lurks inside Mr. Scratch. He’s every mean-spirited tabloid story about me, an evil caricature, a creature formed in that vague territory of misconceptions, half-truths and the dark imagination of people who “heard a story about me.” An urban legend made flesh. A serial killer.

My dark half, brought to life by the power of Cauldron Lake.

When the power of the “Lake” is applied to this page above, Voila! An Evil Mr. Scratch is born! And who wrote this page? – Alan Wake! – That’s right, Pickman! Alan Wake wrote this page while in the Dark Place at the bottom of the “Lake.” Hence, “Theoretically” speaking, Alan Wake created the evil Mr. Scratch for this re-written episode of Night Springs called “Return.” And Mr. Scratch is just a “puppet” to Alan’s writings!

Quote:
Alan never killed anyone of course, that's just a rumor!

You think?!!!...Pickman Dude, are you stating a fact here or this is just your speculation? Hey, don’t be surprised with what I am about to say to you here. Because Dude, it’s going to freak you out! But before we go there, I will explain what my “Theoretical” understanding of what the “Takens” are.

I believe that the “Dark Presence” could do 2 things to humans. Humans could either be “Taken” by the Dark Presence, or be “Touched” by the Dark Presence. When humans are “Taken” by the Dark Presence, these humans “DIE.” But when humans are “Touched” by the Dark Presence, they “don’t” die.

Now, Pickman Dude, check these manuscript pages below from the main and original Alan Wake game:

Stucky Taken

Stucky spat on the garage floor and tried to shake the cobwebs from his head. Ever since the couple never showed to pick up the keys, things had been fuzzy.

Something -- a feeling -- caught his attention. Stucky looked up and stared as his brain tried in vain to process the horror before him. He stumbled back, knocking over a can of oil; a black pool spread across the floor while he struggled for a brief moment, then let go as the unrelenting darkness engulfed him.

You see this page above, Pickman? Alan Wake wrote this page as part of the “Departure” manuscript in the original game. Alan wrote this page while he was in the “Dark Place” at the bottom of the “Lake” in the beginning of the game. At this point, Alan has never met Stucky! Alan was supposed to meet Stucky at the Diner to get the keys but Alan met Barbara Jagger instead. Alan Wake doesn’t know what happened to Stucky at this point. Now, when Alan Wake wrote this page above, how on earth did Alan Wake know about Stucky getting “Touched” by the Dark Presence? But Alan still wrote the first paragraph on this page as if Stucky has been “Touched.” How the hell did Alan know about this?! – It’s called a “Paradox!” – “Stucky” got “touched” by the Dark Presence in the beginning of the game because Alan wrote it so! In short, Alan wrote the manuscript first, and then Stucky got touched by the “Dark Presence!” Now, that’s a “Paradox!”

Now, Pickman Dude! Check out the second paragraph of this manuscript page above. It describes how Stucky is finally “Taken” by the Dark Presence. Alan doesn’t know this happened to Stucky either while Alan was writing this page in the Dark Place at the bottom of the “Lake!” But it still happened to Stucky anyway. And do you know why Stucky got “Taken” by the Dark Presence? Because Alan Wake wrote this page above!

Stucky “DIED” and was “Taken” by the Dark Presence in the original game because Alan Wake wrote it so in the page above. When the power of the “Lake” is applied to this page, Voila! – Stucky “dies” and becomes a “Taken.” – So, Pickman Dude! I will ask you this: “Who was really responsible for “Killing” Stucky, the Dark Presence or Alan Wake?!” – For me, “Theoretically” speaking, it was Alan Wake!

How about these pages below:

Rusty Attacked by the Dark Presence

The Visitor Center was sturdy, but the impact turned the front of the building into splinters. Rusty was thrown across the lobby like a rag doll and hit the far wall hard.

It didn't hurt until he tried to move and saw his leg bend the wrong way, felt the broken rib stabbing him on the inside. Rusty howled in pain and fear, suddenly afraid to die alone.

Rusty Dying

The air in the visitor center was heavy with an awful smell, as if some rotten drowned thing had crawled up from its grave.
Rusty kept coughing blood. My eyes were drawn to the twisted shape of his broken leg. The attack had been vicious. Max whined in his cage. Rusty's eyes were wild with fear and terror.

He gasped: "Mr. Wake, it happened just the way it was on that page."

Rusty's Final Thoughts

In that last instant of consciousness, Rusty thought about Rose. He was older than she was; Rose was barely out of her teens. But she made him feel young and forget what a train wreck his long dead marriage had been.
He still wore the ring. He'd been waiting for her to tell him to take it off. Now she never would.

Now, Pickman Dude! These 3 pages above describes how Rusty “DIED” and was “Taken” by the Dark Presence. Alan Wake wrote these pages before it even happened to Rusty! These 3 pages above were written by Alan Wake again while in the Dark Place at the bottom of the “Lake” before it even happened to Rusty. When the power of the “Lake” is applied to these 3 pages, Voila! – Rusty “dies” and becomes a “Taken.” – So, again Pickman Dude! I will ask you this: “Who was really responsible for “Killing” Stucky and Rusty, the Dark Presence or Alan Wake?!” – For me, “Theoretically” speaking, it was Alan Wake! – Alan Wake was the author, the writer, and the master puppeteer! The Dark Presence was just a puppet, and a pawn. Alan Wake was the “Head Honcho,” and the Dark Presence was just a “Hitman!” Alan Wake is just as guilty as the Dark Presence! Alan Wake also has blood in his hands!

So, Pickman Dude! Do you still believe that Alan did not kill anyone?! Unless all of this is not real, then Alan Wake is innocent! What do you think now, Dude?!!! Truthfully speaking, you can believe whatever you want to believe, Dude. But I’m telling you, Alan Wake has blood in his hands! And the Dark Presence was just a “puppet” in all of this. Just a “PUPPET!”

Quote:
But I know he didn't kill Alice, if that's where that rumor started.

This is what we believe because this is what we see. But in the “Paradox Theory” Alan has written his Life in his “Departure” manuscript and the story of Alan’s Life now exist as if it revolves in a “Paradox.” “Theoretically” speaking, a “quantum loop” now exists in Alan Wake’s Life! And because of that, we don’t see Alan’s real “Past” life in this loop. Alan Wake may have erased this “Past” Life about Alice! We did not see this “Past Life” and we may never see it again because Alan wake has erased this by writing his “Departure” manuscript in a way that his Life with Alice becomes a “Paradox” where Alice is always alive!

You see Pickman, in the original Alan Wake game, there is an anomaly in Alice’s story. I have explained this before in the Link that I have posted above about the “Paradox Theory.” But for the purpose of our review, I will explain this again here.

You see Pickman, Alan’s story is like a parallel story of Zane’s story. We have Alan Wake and Thomas Zane. We have Alice Wake and Barbara Jagger. Then we have Rose Marigold and Cynthia Weaver. All of these three stories fit and parallel each other, except for one! There is one story among these three that is not parallel at all. Do you know what it is?...........It’s Alice! Alice’s story is not parallel to Barbara’s story.

In the game, as a matter of fact in the entire franchise (Alan Wake Files), the story of Barbara Jagger is that she drowned in the Lake. Barbara Jagger died. But in the main game, Alice Wake did not die! Alice is alive! The whole time Alice Wake was alive in the Dark Place under the Lake! There is a manuscript page that describes Alice’s thoughts and feelings about the Dark Place. She was Alive down there!

Now, all throughout the game, we have this notion that Thomas Zane made a mistake by bringing Barbara back from the dead. Why does Alan keep comparing his work to Zane’s work if Alice is alive? In the game, Alice never died! Why would Alan say something like - “Zane made a mistake by bringing Barbara back, I should not make the same mistake in bringing Alice back” - if Alice never died like Barabara did in the first place? Why would Alan make a mistake of bringing Alice back if she wasn’t dead? Do you get where I am going?

Alan would only make a mistake if Alice is dead! – I hate to say this but I have to say it again – Maybe Alice is dead. Maybe, Alice died! Maybe in Alan’s hands. And this is the “Past” reality that Alan is trying to erase. Now, if we go back to the main Alan Wake game, the part where my “theory” explains about the ending “Dialogue” that Alan hears between him and Alice while walking towards the cabin in the Dark Place and the scene somewhere in the beginning of the game where Alice and Alan where arguing inside the cabin, Alan storms out of the cabin, and then you hear Alice screaming for help. Put these two scenes together to really “see” its effect. I don’t know how you would do it, maybe try watching in game or maybe capture the scene on your phone or digital device and then play it one after the other.

Anyway, my theoretical opinion is that there was an anomaly between Alice’s story and Barbara’s story that lead me to this “Theoretical Conclusion.” Barbara Jagger was dead and Alice Wake was alive! How can Alan Wake make a mistake like Thomas Zane?! “Theoretically” speaking, Alan can’t make a mistake like Zane did, unless Alice was originally DEAD! Therefore, Alice may be dead, she may have died in Alan’s hands and Alan has written a manuscript that would change all of that. The “Manuscript” with the power of the “Lake” will change Alan’s “Past, Present and Future Realities” which becomes the entire Alan Wake Franchise! And in this written “Departure” manuscript, Alice Wake was always ALIVE! When the power of the “Lake” is applied to the entire “Departure” manuscript, Voila! Alice Wake is now always ALIVE! And now, a “Paradox” exists because of that. A “Paradox” that may have erased all of this “Past Life” that we did not see, and may never see again! This is, again, a classic style reminiscent of Hemingway’s “Iceberg Theory” style of writing. – “The facts float above water; the supporting structure and symbolism operate out of sight. The writer could describe one thing although an entirely different thing occurs below the surface.”

Now, Pickman Dude! These explanations are from the original game. I will explain something related to this “Theory” from the AWAN game. As I’ve understood, in the AWAN game we are playing the “Night Springs” episode that Alan Wake wrote. This particular episode was originally written by Alan during his first “Gig” with the show. Then Alan tweaked this episode from his memory and re-wrote it while he is in the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake. This episode that Alan supposedly wrote during his “gig” with the show is now called “Return.” So, when it is being aired in Barry’s TV set in his motel room, this is the re-written episode that we see. And this is now the story of the game that we are playing! In a way, Alan Wake wrote this new re-written version of the “Return” episode of Night Springs while Alan was in the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake. When the power of the “Lake” is applied to these manuscript pages, Voila! A re-written version of the “Return” episode now exists in reality! And all of this is written again by Alan Wake! In the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake!

So, “Theoretically” speaking, everything that we see and hear in the entire “Return” episode was written by Alan Wake. Even Barry’s and the Old god’s existence in the beginning of the AWAN game was written by Alan Wake (Read post # 1 above.) Because, Alan rewrote the “Return” episode, we could “theoretically” say that Mr. Scratch was just a puppet in this episode. Just another character in this episode! And we could “theoretically” say that everything that Mr. Scratch said was written by Alan Wake. After all, this was Alan’s scripts originally. He wrote this episode initially and then re-wrote it again! So, everything that Mr. Scratch said was written by Alan Wake. Now, check this out! Mr. Scratch was talking about Alice while holding her picture in one of the TV recordings in the AWAN game. This recording occurred in “Act 2: Relapse.” Here is part of what Mr. Scratch said about Alice in this recording:

“She’s special. If I wanted her dead, she would be………….So. I’ll go to her. It’ll be an amazing moment………….I’ll be the good loving husband for as long as I can stand it. She’ll love it. And then, one day, somehow, it’ll happen. Maybe I’ll slip up and she spots something. Or maybe she just starts running her mouth. And then…I’ll do it. It’s gonna be sweet…

All of this, Alan Wake wrote it. Mr. Scratch is saying this in the TV recording because Alan Wake wrote this in the “Return” episode! In a way, this is Alan Wake’s idea about Alice! – “She just starts running her mouth. And then…I’ll do it. It’s gonna be sweet…” – This is Alan Wake’s idea! Now, I will take you back to “The Writer” DLC. Remember that weird recording between Alice and Alan that Dr. Hartman showed Alan? Alan has a “TV Head” in this scene with Dr. Hartman. Do you remember that weird conversation in the recording between Alice and Alan? Is this part of Alan’s psyche telling us – “She just starts running her mouth. And then…I’ll do it. It’s gonna be sweet…” – Remember Dude, Alan wrote this in the Dark Place. And the “The Writer” DLC weird scene between Alice and Alan was Alan’s thoughts made real while he was still at the Dark Place! What do these things say about Alan Wake now, Dude?!

Pickman Dude! You can believe whatever you want to believe. You are free to do so. But for me, I’ll stick to this entire “Paradox Theory” for now. This is the only single “theory” for me that would connect “The Flow” of everything in the entire Alan Wake Franchise. Even in the AWAN Game, there are strong connections and obvious clues that connect the “Paradox Theory” to this game (Read post # 1 above.)

Quote:
So maybe the rumor is that, Alan went into Roses trailer, got drunk and had his way with her, ergo Mr scratch crazy nights. It had nothing to do with Alan New York life, so we still know nothing from Alans past...

Maybe you are correct. We don’t really know Alan’s past because maybe Alan has already changed it. Again, Pickman Dude, this brings us back to the “Paradox Theory.” With your statements above, you’re kind of agreeing with the “Paradox Theory!” We may not know exactly what happened in Alan’s past, and we may never know now, but maybe he is telling us something in his writings! “Theoretically” speaking Alan changed his past but he may have left us some clues about his state of mind! When you write a story, whether it be a novel or just a short story, you think about it first! You process your thoughts first inside your mind before writing it down. This part of our thoughts consists of a lot of things! Facts, Fantasy and maybe parts of the Human Psyche that everybody knows nothing about!

Quote:
It had nothing to do with Alan New York life,

Pickman Dude! It has everything to do with Alan’s New York Life! Alan Wake wrote everything! About Rose and Alan, about Emma and Mr. Scratch, about Dr. Meadows and Mr. Scratch, about Serena and Mr. Scratch, and about the “Chick” fan and Mr. Scratch! Alan Wake wrote all of this! Now remember the “chick” fan in one of Mr. Scratch’s recording?! Do you see how she behaves with Mr. Scratch?! – “She’s giving me the eye!” – This “chick” is experiencing “wet showers” inside of her because she thinks she is with Alan Wake!!! And do you know why this “chick” is alone with Alan Wake (Mr. Scratch!) in the motel room?! Because this “chick” thinks she is going to experience some “Loveruption” with Alan Wake! (Do you know what I mean, Dude?!) – Some “Hot Flowing Lava (Love-a!)” – And you know what, Pickman Dude?! Alan Wake wrote all of this in the “Return” episode!

Now, Is Alan Wake telling us something? “Theoretically” speaking, – Hell yeah! – Alan is telling us that this is what he faces in his Life in New York! F@ck, with Alan’s status, this is what he faces every single minute of his Life everywhere he goes! “Theoretically” speaking, that is what Alan Wake is trying to tell us all along since the very beginning!

Quote:
I haven't but so much thought in AWAN, so I really don't have anything significant.

That’s cool, Pickman Dude! But I will tell you something significant that I have discovered about the AWAN game. Remember what I’ve said above about Alan Wake re-writing his “Return” episode in the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake? The game we are playing in AWAN is the “Return” episode that Alan has re-written. Now, while Alan Wake was re-writing this “Return” episode, there is no more Barbara Jagger (Dark Presence) forcing Alan to write about the Dark Presence going stronger in his manuscript. There is no more Alice being held hostage by the Dark Presence in the Dark Place! Alan doesn’t need to save “Alice” and write her out of the Dark Place! Alice is already free! But when Alan re-wrote the “Return” episode, guess what appears again?! – “The Dark Presence!” – And who are the enemies?! – “The old ‘Takens’ and the ‘NEW Takens’ that Alan Wake created (Read post # 1.) – So, does Mr. Scratch have a hand on this? – “Hell No! Mr. Scratch is Alan Wake’s creation as well for this “Return” episode! Mr. Scratch is just a “puppet” in all of this. Just a “PUPPET!”

“Theoretically” speaking, Alan Wake is acting on this re-writing the “Return” episode on his own! This is all Alan Wake writing on his own! Remember what Alan said at the end of the Writer DLC? – “Just like that, my mind was clear……..I could think clearly again.” – This is all Alan Wake! And yet the Dark Presence appears again together with the “NEW” Takens! What does this tell us about Alan Wake now?! And what does this tell us about Alan Wake’s writings?! Does it reflect Alan’s hidden thoughts and Psyche?!

I’ll leave these questions for all of you folks! After all, all of this came true due to the courtesy of the mystical power of the “Lake.”

“The ‘Lake’ is Powerful! It is Silent but Deadly!!!”

Cheers, Pickman Dude!

(Please pardon my Wall of Text)
Last edited by Jill; 04-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
Pickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
how on earth did Alan Wake know about Stucky getting “Touched” by the Dark Presence? But Alan still wrote the first paragraph on this page as if Stucky has been “Touched.” How the hell did Alan know about this?!
It could be the Dark Presence influencing Alan?? We don't know how much Alan knows, about what the Dark Presence know. Alan was touched by the Dark Presence and he started to write the story, but is the channel between them, two ways? It has to leave some imprint in the mind of the touched, it's just a matter of daring to go search for it, or the means to look for it.
Some minds can't handle the darkness, because maybe they never dare to look inside their own minds and see what makes them tick. Alan knows the darkness, I would presume, because of the Alex Casey books. The little we know about it in the manuscript, the writing sounds very dark and melancholic.

Many of the characters could be just fictional characters. Think about this.
What happens after Stucky has finished hes purpose? He gets taken by the Dark Presence. Why? Because the character is finished, or unfinished. Alan didn't develop the character any further, so it's now fair game for the Dark Presence to claim. To fill the blanks, sort of?!

At this point, it could be anything, so I'm not ruling out any theory.
And yes, Alan is the writer and "killing" people...this is so weird.

Quote:
Barbara Jagger was dead and Alice Wake was alive! How can Alan Wake make a mistake like Thomas Zane?! “Theoretically” speaking, Alan can’t make a mistake like Zane did, unless Alice was originally DEAD!
I do still remember the theory and it's a nice one. But what if Barbara didn't die in the lake, but ended up in the Dark Place, like Alice. It was the same lake back then as it is now.
Or how do you know Alice didn't die in the lake? When people go under water the assumption is that you die. Even Alan went below the waves and spent 1 hour in the cold waters, before surfacing in the shores of the Dark Place.
When you look at the clock in the writing room before Alan storms out on Alice, and again in the moonshine trip, when Alan starts to write. The time has passed one hour.
It could be, that the clocks are programmed to be in sync with the night, day cycle so it's not a conscious choice and it's dark because it's moodier, but it's a interesting detail.

Quote:
guess what appears again?! – “The Dark Presence!” – And who are the enemies?! – “The old ‘Takens’ and the ‘NEW Takens’ that Alan Wake created (Read post # 1.) – So, does Mr. Scratch have a hand on this? – “Hell No! Mr. Scratch is Alan Wake’s creation as well for this “Return” episode! Mr. Scratch is just a “puppet” in all of this. Just a “PUPPET!
I'm not remembering there being a Dark Presence in AWAN, I remember only Mr Scratch doing the boogey. Can Mikki elaborate on this?

Wasn't the Dark Presence also a puppet for Alan, in the original. In a way everyone is a puppet for Alan, cause he's creating things.
Is Alan a killer... in a way yes, I think. Or I don't know?!?!?!
But the dark forces can use the mistakes Alan makes in the writing, yes? Twist it into what they like.

This is getting out of hand, I have to stop and regroup, for another onslaught.

[Edit] I just thought of something funny. You know how the Dark Presence fills the holes. Yeah that's right, the Dark Presence is in all of us. It could be in you too, we are all under it's influence. We are making the story the way we want it to be.
And who's to say it's wrong? There could be multiple layers in the story and none of it is actually wrong. People see things different. The movie Eraser Head isn't the same movie for everyone.

Last edited by Pickman; 04-03-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Jill

Quote:
It could be the Dark Presence influencing Alan?? We don't know how much Alan knows, about what the Dark Presence know. Alan was touched by the Dark Presence and he started to write the story, but is the channel between them, two ways? It has to leave some imprint in the mind of the touched, it's just a matter of daring to go search for it, or the means to look for it.

I don’t buy it, Pickman! I just don’t buy it! What is it now, the Dark Presence could see things before they happen and then pass it on to Alan Wake?! I don’t buy this theory! Here, I will explain why. I explained this before in the “Paradox Theory” in the Link that I have provided above in post # 1 but I will post it again here for you:

Remember the “Poet and the Muse” song in the main game?! Well, Alan Wake wrote it in his “Departure” manuscript. Here is part of it:

The Poet and the Muse Lyrics 4

The Poet and the Muse lyrics by Old gods of Asgard.

The chorus:
And now to see your love set free
You will need the witch's cabin key
Find the lady of the light, gone mad with the night
Find the lady of the light, still racing in the night
That's how you reshape destiny

The page above could only be found in “Nightmare mode.” It is located in episode 5 of the main game. This is a song written by the Old gods of Asgard. This song is symbolic in the main game because it is one of the clues that lead Alan to discover Cynthia Weaver and “the well lit room.” It is this song that leads Alan to discover the “Clicker.” The “Clicker” – the symbolic weapon that would eliminate Barbara Jagger. Alan was lead to discover the “Clicker” because of the song “The Poet and the Muse” written by the Old gods of Asgard! For me, it only means one thing – “The Song is a Prophecy!”

Really? Was the song really a prophecy to “any” artist or just to Alan Wake or with similar circumstances with Alan Wake? You see, the way I understood it, the Dark Presence was in search of an “Artist” to set it free from the Dark Place that was its prison. The Dark Presence was also in search of an “Artist” to free it and give it power. “Artists” like Thomas Zane was able to do that. “Artists” like the Old gods of Asgard was able to “Stir” the Dark Presence.

My question is, after more than 30 years of waiting for the song’s prophecy to be fulfilled; the Artist that could fulfill this prophecy has to have somebody to “Love” in order for the song to be understood by the Artist. Take a look at the first line of the chorus above: “And now to see your love set free.” The Artist that could fulfill this song is an Artist that has a special person that they “love” in their life in order to fulfill and understand the prophecy of this song! That is “Perfect” for Alan’s situation, isn’t it? What if Alan was single and doesn’t have any “love” for a person or a thing in his life? Or what if another writer who is as capable as Alan but is single and doesn’t have a love for any person or thing in his life comes along the town of Bright Falls or visits Dr Hartman’s clinic at the Cauldron Lake Lodge. Wouldn’t the Dark Presence use that Artist as well to fulfill the Dark Presence needs? Would the song be as prophetic if the Artist that the Dark Presence uses for its purpose is on a different circumstance as having someone to love? What if the Artists were single? What if Alan Wake was single?

Here is the ultimate question for the connection of the song. - “How on earth did Alan know about the song when he wrote it in the “Departure” manuscript above if he doesn’t know anything about it while he was writing it in the cabin while in the Dark Place under the Lake in the beginning of the game?” – You see, Alan wrote the song in his “Departure” manuscript. He wrote the manuscript in the Cabin under the Lake somewhere in the beginning of the game. From this point, Alan has not heard anything about this song. He met the Old gods of Asgard at the diner but Alan thought they were all loonies. He even mentions that to Alice in the car after Alice picked him up from the diner!

So how did Alan know about the song and wrote it in his manuscript if he doesn’t have any knowledge of it while he was in the cabin? – From the Dark Presence?! – This is where your theory would also come in Pickman! You said this could be influenced by the Dark Presence! So, what you are theoretically saying is that Alan Wake knew about this song before Alan heard it because the Dark Presence showed it to Alan?! Dude, this is where I would say that this is a “Conflicting Anomaly!” In the main game, I believe the Dark Presence wants to become powerful and free from the Dark Place that was its home and prison! Now, by showing the “The Poet and the Muse” song to Alan Wake, the Dark Presence has just killed itself! If the Dark Presence has an influence in Alan’s “Writings” and “Seeing” things before they happen, then The Dark Presence has just helped Alan annihilate itself! The Dark Presence showed Alan what Alan has not seen or heard before and then wrote it in the manuscript?! That is what I call “self termination” on part of the Dark Presence! By influencing Alan about the song, the Dark Presence is like committing suicide! Now, I thought the Dark Presence wants to become powerful and free, but by doing this it wants to die?! – This is what I call “Conflicting Anomaly!” – That is why Pickman Dude, I don’t buy your theory about the Dark Presence influencing Alan Wake and his writings! I don’t buy it at all!

So how did Alan know about the song and wrote it in his manuscript if he doesn’t have any knowledge of it while he was in the cabin? - From Zane? - No way! Zane could not have included the song in his loophole because the song was not supposedly written yet when Zane disappeared! Therefore, there is no way that Zane could have even known about the song either. Zane’s story was years ahead than The Old gods of Asgard’s story!

So how did Alan know about the song? – “He wrote it for himself!” – Alan wrote it indirectly for him to guide him when his manuscript is going to come true! Take a look at how Alan wrote the song in his manuscript above. Alan wrote “The Poet and the Muse Lyrics “BY” Old gods of Asgard. Do you see the “BY” in the “heading title?” When the power of the Lake is applied to this page, the song will come true and will be written and sung “BY” the Old gods of Asgard. Not by Alan. So, again “Theoretically Speaking” the song “The Poet and the Muse” was written by Alan Wake in his “Departure” manuscript to be indirectly intended for him to guide him towards the discovery of the “Clicker” when the story of the manuscript pages will come true.

This is all Alan Wake, Dude! And “Theoretically” speaking, the Dark Presence has no influence in all of this! And that includes the “Stucky” and the “Rusty” manuscripts that I’ve mentioned above in post # 5. Alan Wake wrote all of these pages on his own! Their blood is in Alan Wake’s hands! The Dark Presence is just a “PUPPET!”

So, who is the “Big Bastard” now?!

Quote:
Many of the characters could be just fictional characters. Think about this.

Pickman Dude! These are very strong words you are using here. I know and I believe that everyone are characters to Alan Wake’s “Departure” manuscript. Even Alan Wake himself is also a character to this manuscript. But “fictional characters?!” You said “many could be fictional characters?!” Dude, you are diving somewhere in the deep, dark ocean green with this theory! Which characters are “fictional” and which one’s are “real?!” – Is Alice “fictional?!” Is Barry “fictional?!” – Dude, this is one rabbit hole I am not going to jump in with you because you are going to take us somewhere in the deep dark ocean green that we ourselves can’t survive! The characters are either “real” or “not real!” There is no middle ground here, Dude! If you believe that some characters are real and some are not, then that is “messed-up! We are “Screwed” Pickman Dude! That is something that we can’t fathom! – That is why I don’t buy it, Dude! I just don’t buy it! It’s either “REAL” or “NOT REAL!” – If it is real, then Alan Wake still has blood in his hands!!!

Quote:
But what if Barbara didn't die in the lake, but ended up in the Dark Place, like Alice. It was the same lake back then as it is now.

So who is that Old Lady that we saw in the main game?! Isn’t that Barbara Jagger as well? Didn’t Zane bring her back to life? Isn’t that Barbara Jagger’s body that Zane brought back to life?! Take a look at her body; there is a “HOLE” that goes through-and-through her body where her heart used to be! Zane did that to Barbara Jagger’s body! That looks pretty “DEAD” to me! Unless, what you are trying to say here is that this is not Barbara Jagger’s real body. Then where is the “Real” Barbara Jagger?! – Still stuck and held hostage by the Dark Presence! – Are you saying that there are 2 bodies of Barbara Jagger?! One at the bottom of the Dark Place and then the other one we saw with a big “HOLE” in her heart?! Dude, now this is “F@cked-up!” If this is what you are trying to say, then the Alice that we saw came out from the Lake could not be the real Alice as well! There could be 2 Alice in the game! – Now, this is also “F@cked-up!”

Again, Pickman Dude! I don’t want to jump in with you on this one because it is going somewhere in the deep, dark ocean green that we can’t survive! This theory of yours about Barbara not dying could lead us to something unfathomable! That is why I still don’t buy it!

What I believe though is that Barbara Jagger was DEAD! Zane brought her “Body” back to life but instead was occupied by the Dark Presence. Zane cut her heart out, but she still lives. Now that is freaky! There is a big “HOLE” in her body now! That looks pretty DEAD to me! But Alice on the other hand, she was “ALIVE” in the entire story of the “Departure” manuscript that Alan wrote. There was even a manuscript page describing Alice’s feelings while she was in the Dark Place. Therefore, my “Theory” about the “anomaly” between Alice and Barbara that I have mentioned above in post # 5 still stands!

Quote:
Or how do you know Alice didn't die in the lake? When people go under water the assumption is that you die. Even Alan went below the waves and spent 1 hour in the cold waters, before surfacing in the shores of the Dark Place.
When you look at the clock in the writing room before Alan storms out on Alice, and again in the moonshine trip, when Alan starts to write. The time has passed one hour.

If Alice “died,” then Alan Wake “DIED” as well! What you are trying to say here is that Alice could have “died” because she was underwater for a long time. If that is the case, then Alan Wake should be “dead” as well because he was gone underwater for 1 hour! Then why the hell are we still playing the “Departure” manuscript if Alan also “DIED!” Because Alan Wake did not die! And Alice wake did not die in this story either! “Theoretically” speaking, if Alice “Died,” she died in another story! The story that we did not see! And maybe we will never see! The story that Alan Wake has erased by writing his “Departure” manuscript into a “Paradox!”

And the 1 hour that has elapsed in the clock during this time that you described above, Alan Wake wrote that too in his “Departure” manuscript! Everything that we “see” and “hear” in the game was “WRITTEN” by Alan Wake in his “Departure” manuscript! – EVERYTHING! – Now, is Alan Wake telling us something about this missing 1 hour?! Did something happen with Alan and Alice within this missing 1 hour that we did not see?! Is this missing 1 hour part of the “Paradox Theory” that Alan Wake erased when he wrote his “Departure” manuscript?!

I guess even this missing 1 hour still fits inside the explanation of the “Paradox Theory.” And do you know why, Pickman Dude?! Because “Theoretically” speaking, Alan Wake wrote everything! EVERYTHING! – Alan Wake is the “Big Bastard” who wrote “everything!!!”

Quote:
I'm not remembering there being a Dark Presence in AWAN, I remember only Mr Scratch doing the boogey. Can Mikki elaborate on this?

Pickman Dude! Did you go to Arizona with Alan Wake or not?! Didn’t you see that “DARK FLYING SMOKE THINGY?!” Didn’t you see it flying around everywhere in the game?! What do you think that was – “CARBON EMISSIONS!” – some “Polluted Air” just flying around killing people?! It’s supposed to be the “Dark Presences!” It killed Emma Sloan! Then you would see it flying around the Mount Redtooth Observatory! And then it started throwing “Poltergeist” cars and things at you! And then there are the “Takens!” Don’t you see that “shadowy stuff” emitted by the “Takens?!” Isn’t that supposed to be the remnants of the Dark Presences! The “Takens” are being controlled by the Dark Presences! This is the concept of the entire Alan Wake Franchise! So, “Theoretically” speaking, this concept could also be applied in the AWAN game!

In the AWAN game, the story of it is that Mr. Scratch is supposed to be the one responsible for all of this, the “Takens,” the “Poltergeists” and the “Flying Dark Smoke.” Well, in the AWAN story, isn’t it written that Mr. Scratch is also an agent of Darkness?! Hence, “Theoretically” speaking, it is really the Dark Presences that is behind Mr. Scratch! Aren’t the “Takens” supposed to be “taken” by the Dark Presences?! Isn’t this concept the same as in the original Alan Wake game?! And what is that “Dark Shadowy” stuff emitted by the “Takens” in the AWAN game? – “Tobacco Smoke?!” – I thought they were remnants of the Dark Presences, just like the concept of the original game! That is why we use the flashlight! To eliminate the “Darkness” shield from the “Takens”

And Alan Wake wrote all of this in the re-written “Return” episode of Night Springs. Therefore, I made a “Theoretical Conclusion” that Alan Wake although not forced by the Dark Presences was able to manifest this power of the Dark Presences in this re-written “Return” episode. There is no more Barbara Jagger (Dark Presence) forcing Alan to write about the Dark Presence going stronger in his manuscript. There is no more Alice being held hostage by the Dark Presence in the Dark Place! Alan doesn’t need to save “Alice” and write her out of the Dark Place! Alice is already free! But when Alan re-wrote the “Return” episode, guess what appears again?! – “Dark Presences!” – And who are the enemies?! – “The old ‘Takens’ and the ‘NEW Takens’ that Alan Wake created (Read post # 1.) – So, does Mr. Scratch have a hand on this? – “Hell No! Mr. Scratch is Alan Wake’s creation as well for this “Return” episode! Mr. Scratch is just a “puppet” in all of this. Just a “PUPPET!”

Quote:
You know how the Dark Presence fills the holes. Yeah that's right, the Dark Presence is in all of us. It could be in you too, we are all under it's influence. We are making the story the way we want it to be.

Dude, I don’t make up stories! I just interpret what I see. Remember the manuscript pages that Alan wrote about the “Hot Lady” characters in the “Return” episode of the AWAN game. Here, I’ll post their tittles again for you so you could check them out in-game:

Emma and Mr. Scratch
Dr. Meadows and Mr. Scratch
Serena and Mr. Scratch

There are “Sexual” and “Aggression” themes written in these manuscript pages above. And who wrote these pages? – Alan Wake! – So, Dude, I don’t make up stories! This is Alan Wake’s story!!!

Quote:
the Dark Presence is in all of us. It could be in you too, we are all under it's influence.

No Dude, I don’t think so! By saying this, you are actually being biased to me and to everybody here! Just because there are different interpretations of the game, you think you have the right to accuse me and the whole Alan Wake followers of being afflicted by Darkness! Take a look around you Dude. I guess you’ve already noticed this but there’s a lot of weird sh*t going on with other people's theories about the Alan Wake Franchise! But I don’t go around accusing anybody that they are afflicted by Darkness because their theories are weird and different! But you on the other hand, you have the guts to accuse me here, in a thread that I have started! Well then listen to me buddy! What does this say about you?! – A lot! You are biased and discriminating! – This Forum is free. We could all express what we think about a certain topic or issue. And I have always pointed this out to you and to everybody here: “You can believe whatever you want to believe! This is a Free World!”

But you on the other hand, you can’t accept that! Just because I have a different outlook and interpretation of the Alan Wake Franchise, you accuse me and everybody of being afflicted of Darkness! Even if you say it in a jokingly way, – It’s not funny, Dude! – This says a lot about you! “Biased and Discriminating!”

I opened this thread to express my thoughts about the game. I believe I am “Free” to do so! Just like all the Alan Wake followers here, they are also free to do so! But please, don’t pollute us with your own Darkness garbage here!

The “Paradox Theory” still stands for me! It is the only single “Theory” that could explain “The Flow” of events of the entire Alan Wake Franchise! It is still the “Theory” for me, for now! Until then…

Last edited by Jill; 04-03-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
Pickman

I'm not saying that the Dark Presence showed Alan the past, I'm saying that maybe the Dark Presence leaves something in the mind, or something like that. I'm just throwing things, ideas. Yes I believe that Alan wrote Old god's songs, simply because it's in the manuscript.

About Barbara, she has a hole in the chest, but she didn't have it when she drowned. That came after Zane brought her back and dragged the heart out and sunk in the water with her. At least that's how I remember it.

Maybe they are not fictional characters, but real people that serve the purpose of characters in the story. Again just throwing the ball and see if it hits anything.

What to you mean I don't accept your view?? Cause I do, but I'm always asking questions, about everything, I'm questioning my self all the time.

Ther last part is a joke, nothing to take seriously. About our dark presences.

Anyway stay positive dude!! And please don't say that I'm polluting people...You are ruining my cover...UUUuuuu

Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Jill

Quote:
I'm not saying that the Dark Presence showed Alan the past, I'm saying that maybe the Dark Presence leaves something in the mind, or something like that. I'm just throwing things, ideas.

Caught your ideas, Dude! But I still don’t buy it. For me, “Theoretically” speaking, it’s all Alan Wake! Alan is acting on his own when he wrote the “Departure” manuscript. It’s all Alan Wake! The Dark Presence has no hand on this! The Dark Presence is just a “PUPPET!” Just like everyone else!

Quote:
About Barbara, she has a hole in the chest, but she didn't have it when she drowned. That came after Zane brought her back and dragged the heart out and sunk in the water with her. At least that's how I remember it.

You remembered correctly, Dude! But still, that is a very strong indication that Barbara drowned and died! Otherwise Zane wouldn’t cut a hole in her if Zane knew she was still alive and just being held by the Darkness in the Dark Place like what you’ve said previously in post # 6.

Quote:
Maybe they are not fictional characters, but real people that serve the purpose of characters in the story. Again just throwing the ball and see if it hits anything.

Exactly Dude! But then, Alan Wake would still have blood in his hands!

Quote:
Ther last part is a joke, nothing to take seriously. About our dark presences.

Anyway stay positive dude!! And please don't say that I'm polluting people...You are ruining my cover...UUUuuuu

Oh yeah! We are cool, Pickman Dude! We are cool! You too, Dude! Stay positive!

Cheers!

(By the way, what do you mean “ruin your cover?!” – Are you one of the Dark Presences among us Dude! Are you a wolf in sheep’s clothing?! Because if you are, then you know I’m gonna' get ya’! – Yup! Like a Violent Schizophrenia!.................Rrrrrrrrrrrah!!! – Mr. Scratch still dancing!!!)
Last edited by Jill; 04-03-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
Pickman

I agree, with you that it's all Alans doings, that's my strongest feeling too, about things. I was trying something different, too see if there's anything in it. Case closed.

Quote:
You remembered correctly, Dude! But still, that is a very strong indication that Barbara drowned and died! Otherwise Zane wouldn’t cut a hole in her if Zane knew she was still alive and just being held by the Darkness in the Dark Place like what you’ve said previously in post # 6.
But what Zane brought back from the lake was a Dark Presence. Could he had save her from that state? Maybe, but Zanes solution was to cut her heart and erase all the mistakes he did. Including him self.
So if you come back to Alan now. What Alan did was not simply erase everything, what he did was, he dealt with hes mistakes, he at least tries to fix things. Instead of just call it quits and erase everything.
Of course Alan didn't bring back a Dark Presence and I'm just typing what ever comes to mind at this second. Banana budding pop!!!!

Quote:
Exactly Dude! But then, Alan Wake would still have blood in his hands!
Didn't Dr. Meadows ask the same question for Alan? I agree with you on that too.

No one dances like Pickman! "Pickman dancing the ghoul boogey twist"

Old 04-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Hunter6

Holy cow, lots to reply to. I'll try to put everything I can in a quick blurb so I can have a larger, more indepth post later. Anyways...

First thing I'd like to point out that all of this isn't Alan's creation. All Alan did was use his original template, "Return" from Night Springs, and then put it in Arizona for one night.

Secondly, Scratch is his own entity. Although he his guided by the story that Alan has written, his intents and goals are entirely his own (or rather, guided by the "big bastards"). Alan, as mentioned in the original game, follows the laws of a thriller-close escapes, cliffhangers, and enemies that defy logic at every turn. Scratch's Taken, for example, are his own. Alan just describes them so they can exist in this "World".

Replies?

"Because you won, I am speaking in a Dramatic Voice"
Hunter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
Jill

Quote:
I agree, with you that it's all Alans doings, that's my strongest feeling too, about things. I was trying something different, too see if there's anything in it. Case closed.

Wait, Pickman Dude! Before we close this one, please let me express something. Dude, I just want you to know that I always consider all the ideas that you throw here. Just, like you, I also question myself and the rest of the world! I was searching for some meaning to all of this, and up to this day I still consider all the theories and ideas that I have encountered during my search. All these theories including yours are in my radar screen! I was in the “Dark” and while I was searching, I dove in with all of these theories! Trust me Pickman Dude, I’ve been there! I’ve tried all these theories! I swam and dove the deepest, darkest ocean green! To its ports I’ve been… To its ports I’ve been! And you know what Dude, after all these theories; I was still in “Darkness.”

But then, one day I discovered the “Paradox Theory” and everything in it! From that day, the “Paradox Theory” has become my guiding “Light!” I was out of the “Darkness.” But all of your theories and all the other theories out there that I have read and encountered are still important to me as well. I still consider them very important. They are still under my radar. They are also strong theories but they still keep me in the Dark. That is why for now; I will stick to the “Paradox Theory” because it guides me during my long journey through the night back into the “Light!” This Theory “Illuminates” me!

I hope you understand it, Pickman Dude! Cool?!... Alright! Case closed on this one!

Quote:
But what Zane brought back from the lake was a Dark Presence. Could he had save her from that state?

What state? Being the “face” of the Dark Presence? Well, this is a good point, Dude. Why don’t we analyze it.

First of all, how can someone become the “FACE” of Darkness? Do you have to be alive or dead? We are not given the answer to this question in the game, but we could speculate based on how the Dark Presence operates. Let’s take the example of the “Takens.” In order for the Dark Presence to really control a human “Taken,” that human has to “die” first. Even Alan Wake wrote this in one of the manuscript pages! So, a human “Taken” has to “die” first before the Dark Presence could totally take control of that “Taken.” Now, how about the “Face” of Darkness? We are talking about the Dark Presence “itself” using a human that would interact into the human world. It’s the Dark Presence itself on this human “Face” speaking on behalf of the Dark Presence! Shouldn’t this human “Face” even be more “Dead-er” than the human “Takens!” This is the Dark Presence itself we are talking about controlling it’s human “Face.” Not just any other human ‘Takens!” Can the Dark Presence control it’s human “Face” all the time while this human is still alive? I would “theoretically” say that it is highly unlikely. Barbara was dead and she should even be more “Dead-er” than the “Takens” because she is the “Face” of Darkness.

Secondly, Zane’s act of cutting a “hole” in Barbara’s body confirms this. If Zane is in his right mind and that he has any knowledge that Barbara is still alive, then Zane shouldn’t have acted this way! But he did! And this “hole” that he created doesn’t signify at all that Zane knows that Barbara was still alive. In short, Zane made it worse instead of saving her if Barabara was really still alive. Therefore, Zane’s act only signifies that Barbara was indeed “Dead” in the first place! And my “Theory” about the “anomaly” between Alice and Barbara that I have mentioned above in post # 5 still stands!

Quote:
Of course Alan didn't bring back a Dark Presence

That is the “Anomaly” between Alice and Barbara that I was talking about! How can Alan Bring back a Dark Presence?! In the main game, we have this notion that Alan Wake was so afraid of making the same mistake as Zane! Alan even mentions this at the end of the main game. Why?...Why would Alan Wake be afraid of making the same mistake as Zane if Barbara’s and Alice’s situations are different from each other?! Barbara died in the game but Alice didn’t! This is what I call an “Anomaly” with what Alan is talking about. This is where my “Theory” comes in. Maybe Alan is saying this because Alice really “died;” maybe she “died” in Alan’s past. The “Past” that Alan doesn’t want us to see because maybe he was involved with Alice’s death. The “Past” that we did not see and maybe we will never see because Alan has already erased and changed it by writing his “Departure” manuscript into a “Paradox!” And in this new story, Alice is always alive! Hence, the “Anomaly” exists!

Quote:
Didn't Dr. Meadows ask the same question for Alan? I agree with you on that too.

But Dr. Meadows is in the AWAN game. The “blood” in Alan’s hands are from the main Alan Wake game. If we believe the “Return” episode of Night Springs in the AWAN game has been made real and exists in “Reality,” then Alan Wake also has blood in his hands from the victims of Mr. Scratch because Alan Wake also wrote this “Return” episode! Mr. Scratch was just a “puppet!” Alan Wake was the real “Big Bastard” and Mr. Scratch was just a “puppet!” Just a “PUPPET!”

Quote:
No one dances like Pickman! "Pickman dancing the ghoul boogey twist"

Show it to me! I wanna’ see it! Darn it! Pickman Dude! – Can you do the hip “Thrust” like Mr. Scratch?! – Show it to me!!! I wanna’ see it!!!..................Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah!!! (By the way, just make sure you don’t “kick” someone like Mr. Scratch did!!!)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #13
Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6 View Post
First thing I'd like to point out that all of this isn't Alan's creation. All Alan did was use his original template, "Return" from Night Springs, and then put it in Arizona for one night.

Dude, did you read the entire “spoiler” post?! I said the same thing! Here, I will repost the exact same thing for you just in case you didn’t get it the first time:

“Let’s discuss the AWAN main game first. The AWAN game is set as a “Night Springs” episode. Who wrote this particular episode? Alan Wake! Alan wrote the episode during his gig with the Night Springs show and then re-wrote it in AWAN. In the AWAN game, it seems like Alan was able to tweak his old episode and re-wrote it while Alan was in the Dark Place. Alan used his memory of his “Night Springs” episode, his writing skills, and the power of the Lake to make this happen! When this new story comes true, this will be the story that is broadcasted in Barry’s TV set of his motel room.”

Now, go ahead and check this paragraph above if I have changed anything in it! This is exactly the same as the one written in post # 1 above on the “Spoiler” tab!

Now if you insist that this is not Alan’s creation, I’m going to ask you this:

Who wrote the initial “Return” episode of Night Springs? – Alan Wake!

Who wrote the “Re-written” “Return” episode of Night Springs? – Again, Alan Wake!

So, who “created” these 2 (old and new) “Return episodes? Alan Wake!!!

So what are you talking about – “this isn’t Alan’s creation.” – Both are Alan’s creations!!!

Quote:
put it in Arizona for one night

“Put” it in Arizona for one night! Alan Wake can “PUT” things in Arizona for one night?! Dude, Alan Wake could not do sh*t!!! All of this is happening because of the “POWER” of the “LAKE!” Alan Wake can’t do nothin’ Dude! NOTHING!!!

Before “Anything” could happen, what does Alan Wake needs to do?!

Before “ANYTHING?!”

Dude, Alan Wake needs to “WRITE!”

Alan Wake needs to “WRITE” before “ANYTHING” could happen!

Do you know now why the “Return” episode is happening in Arizona? – Because Alan Wake re-WROTE that episode! – And where is Alan Wake while he is doing this?! – At the bottom of the "Lake!!!"

All of this happened because Alan Wake WROTE all of this, and do you know why it is happening in Arizona?! – Because this re-WRITTEN story is made real by the “POWER” of the “LAKE!” – Got it Dude!

"The 'Lake' is Powerfull, It is Silent but Deadly!"

Alan Wake can’t do “squat” in Arizona! This happened in Arizona because Alan Wake was writing the story at the bottom of the Lake! And the “POWER” of the “LAKE” made it come true AGAIN! Just like the First Game!

Oh Yeah! Just like the First Game!

Alan Wake wrote everything!...EVERYTHING!!!

Quote:
Secondly, Scratch is his own entity. Although he his guided by the story that Alan has written, his intents and goals are entirely his own (or rather, guided by the "big bastards"). Alan, as mentioned in the original game, follows the laws of a thriller-close escapes, cliffhangers, and enemies that defy logic at every turn. Scratch's Taken, for example, are his own. Alan just describes them so they can exist in this "World".

You can believe this if you want to believe it? It’s your choice! This is a free world!

But for me, I’ve expressed my own “Theoretical Interpretation” about Mr. Scratch in the “Spoiler” tab on post # 1 above. You can read it again if you would like to. It’s free for all!!!

After all, Alan Wake WROTE EVERYTHING!!! – And that includes Mr. Scratch in the AWAN game! Alan Wake is the "Big Bastard" in all of this!

The “Paradox Theory” still stands for me!!!

Good Luck Dude in your long journey through the night……. I don’t know if you will ever see the “Light!”

Cheers!
Last edited by Jill; 04-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
Pickman

Quote:
In order for the Dark Presence to really control a human “Taken,” that human has to “die” first. Even Alan Wake wrote this in one of the manuscript pages!
Oh yeah!! I've forgotten that!! So Barbara did die when she drowned in the lake.
It makes sense, because who's mind could comprehend the Dark Presence inside it.
So DP didn't kill Alice is very weird. The Dark Presence him self said that it could choose a new face, so why not Alice?

I forget things, it's annoying.

I still have to tap into this.
The poem in start of the original game, was also written by Alan, because we can read it in the manuscript( If my mind isn't twisting things again) like the Old God songs.
So in the nightmare Alan brings a message to him self, using Zane in the nightmare. AAH hell it's too early for thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6
Secondly, Scratch is his own entity. Although he his guided by the story that Alan has written, his intents and goals are entirely his own (or rather, guided by the "big bastards")
In my thinking, the Dark Presences, Mr Scratch, The Big Bastards are all Alans own personal demons that he must tackle in order to become a better person.

I'm not 100% on my theory, maybe the Dark beings have some wiggle room. Can they use the mistakes, or bad writing Alan makes, this I'm not sure.
Anyway in some manuscripts Alan writes, about the new taken, that Mr scratch created (That actually Alan created, because he wrote it) and that he is more powerful than Alan...
In my mind this means that Alan is giving Mr scratch a sense of power. Have you ever played chess? You think you are doing all right moves, that you are in control and everything is going great!! But then the opponent does this one move and it's all over, and the worst part is he planned it for the start.

Ahh man it's still too early to think. Can Mr Scratch move between reality and Dark Place, because Alan wrote it, or because he simply can??

I am, myself my own worst enemy right now, so bye! Stay sane!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
Jill

Quote:
So DP didn't kill Alice is very weird.

Yup! I agree with you, Pickman Dude? That is what I call an “Anomaly!”

Quote:
The Dark Presence him self said that it could choose a new face, so why not Alice?

This is part of the “Anomaly” that I was talking about! In the beginning of the main game, the Dark Presence did not kill Alice and take Alice’s body as the new “Face” of Darkness because it is still wearing Barbara’s “Face.” But in the end, Barbara was already eliminated by Alan Wake! So, “Theoretically” speaking, this is the best time and opportunity for the Dark Presence to kill Alice and use Alice’s body as the “New Face” of Darkness. After all, Alice was still in the Dark Place when Barbara was eliminated! So, the Dark Presence is now “free” to choose its “New Face!” But then the Dark Presence did not kill Alice! And do you know why, Dude? Because Alan “Said” so! The Dark Presence’s, Alice’s, and all the other character’s “Lives” in the main game are now all tied-up in Alan’s “Departure” manuscript! The Dark Presence could not kill Alice or Alan because Alan Wake wrote it so! – In his “Departure” manuscript!

So, “Theoretically” speaking Dude, when Alice was dragged by the Dark Presence and was held hostage in the Dark Place in the beginning of the main game, Alan Wake wrote that, too! Alan Wake was indirectly “responsible” for Alice being taken “Alive” by the Dark Presence to the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake because Alan wrote this story in the “Departure” manuscript! And in the “Paradox Theory,” the “Departure” manuscript “is” the “Game” in the first Alan Wake game! Everything that we see and hear in the main game was written in the “Departure” manuscript. And who wrote the “Departure” manuscript? – Alan Wake! – Hence, Alan Wake is responsible for Alice’s “Life” being taken “Alive” by the Dark Presence! Alan Wake wrote all of this as well! So Dude, what does that say about Alan Wake now?!

And Alan Wake being “touched” by the Dark Presence in the main game, – Alan Wake wrote that, too! “Theoretically” speaking, “Everything” that we see and hear in the main game was written in the “Departure” manuscript. The “Departure” manuscript “is” the “Game!” And who wrote the “Departure” manuscript?! – Alan Wake! – Again Dude, what does that say about Alan Wake now?!

Who is the “Big Bastard” now responsible for all of this? – Alan Wake!

Alan Wake is the “Big Bastard” and the Dark Presence is just a “puppet.” Just a “PUPPET!”

Quote:
I forget things, it's annoying.

Don’t worry, Dude! It happens to all of us! Just remember, nobody is “Perfect!” – NOBODY!

Quote:
The poem in start of the original game, was also written by Alan, because we can read it in the manuscript( If my mind isn't twisting things again) like the Old God songs.
So in the nightmare Alan brings a message to him self, using Zane in the nightmare.

Exactly Dude! It appears that you could see a flicker of “Light” now! It’s all up you, Man, if you want to stay in this “Light!” It’s all up to YOU!

Quote:
AAH hell it's too early for thinking.

What do you mean, Dude? Did you just “Wake” up from sleep?! Then go get some “Coffee” or somethin’ Dude! I’ve heard Rose Marigold could brew some delicious blend! Even Rusty’s advice kind of sound “Tempting!”

“Try the coffee. Just don't blame me when you fall in love, 'cause it'll break your heart when you have to leave.”

Alan Wake also wrote this! Is Alan trying to tell us something with this in a metaphorical way?! Is Rose’s “Coffee” sort of like a “Love” potion in a metaphorical way?! And didn’t Rose serve Alan her famous “Coffee” at her Trailer Home?! And then Alan Wake end up in her “Bed?!” Hmmmmm……….?! This “Coffee” metaphor is “Tempting” indeed! I wish I could try some of that “Coffee?”…………….(Mr. Scratch – hip “Thrusting!)

Quote:
In my thinking, the Dark Presences, Mr Scratch, The Big Bastards are all Alans own personal demons that he must tackle in order to become a better person.

“Theoretically” speaking, you could say that as well. It seems like you are formulating a “Light” of your own, Dude! That’s a good thing! You see Pickman Dude; your statement above is a very “Strong” theory that would also make sense! I will keep this in my radar as well! It is also an important “theory” even though you are not 100% sure of it yet!

Quote:
maybe the Dark beings have some wiggle room. Can they use the mistakes, or bad writing Alan makes, this I'm not sure.

Wiggle Room?! What wiggle? The Dark beings can’t “wiggle” without Alan Wake writing it! They are all “Puppets” to Alan’s “Writings!” Dude, I don’t know anything about Alan Wake’s bad writing. As far as I know, Alan Wake is a superb writer! All I know is that these Dark beings are tied-up in a story that Alan wrote in the first place! These Dark beings are all “PUPPETS!”

Quote:
Anyway in some manuscripts Alan writes, about the new taken, that Mr scratch created (That actually Alan created, because he wrote it) and that he is more powerful than Alan...
In my mind this means that Alan is giving Mr scratch a sense of power. Have you ever played chess? You think you are doing all right moves, that you are in control and everything is going great!! But then the opponent does this one move and it's all over, and the worst part is he planned it for the start.

Great Analogy, Pickman Dude! Yes, I do play Chess. It’s my favorite board game! I don’t play it as often as I used to. But I will tell you my opinion about Chess, if you will allow me, please! First of all, Chess is like the Alan Wake metaphor! On one side, you have the “Light” pieces, and on the other side, the “Dark” pieces! Balance between “Light” and “Darkness!” Now, Chess is a “numbers” game, a game of “Mathematics!” Some people who don’t have some in-depth knowledge of Chess believe that this is a game of “Strategy.” Well, Chess indeed involves “Strategy” to “win” but it only comes in second after “Math.” You see, in Chess, for every move that you make, there is a specific counter move for your opponent to counter the move that you just made! If you noticed in professional Chess tournaments, “Great” players always end up in a “Draw!” That’s because all of the moves are “numbered” and each move has a specific correct counter move to cause the game to “Draw” in the end. When a player makes a mistake and moves a different one from this “numbered” moves, the pattern shifts and that’s when the game becomes a “Strategy!” So, if you are really interested in excelling with this game Dude, you should study and “master” all the Chess moves from the beginning of time! Master all the “numbered” moves by heart and by mind! If you could “master” that, then that is how you become a “Grand Master” of Chess! And as a tip from me, don’t “Play to Win.” "Play to Draw” with your opponent! Then, when your opponent makes a blundered move that is different from the pattern, that’s the time to use “Strategy” and go for the kill! That’s how Chess games are won! - "Math" first, "Strategy" second!

Isn’t it amazing that these Chess moves I have explained above between 2 opponent players “Balances” the game that if you are good enough, you could always bring the game to a “Draw.” A draw is like an “Equilibrium!” – “A Balance!” – If you screw up one move form the “Numbered” pattern, just ONE (1) Move, and you are in “Deep Sh*t!” Just like you’ve said above, Pickman Dude! Just one move and you are screwed!

So, even in Chess we could see this “Balancing” phenomenon and metaphors that we see in the Alan Wake game! Doesn’t that tell us that the Alan Wake game and Franchise is like a “Metaphor for Life” – Alan Wake’s Life and Our Life!

“If there is “Light,” there is “Darkness”

“If there is “Guilt,” there is “Atonement!!!”

That is the “Price” that you pay – “Everything has a Price!”

Quote:
Ahh man it's still too early to think.

Dude, you’ve said it again! What do you mean it’s too early too think?! Do you mean the Alan Wake Franchise is too early to have a possible answer that you don’t want to think about it! Dude, it’ been 2 years! The Alan Wake Franchise has been out for 2 YEARS now! And everybody is still in the Dark! If 2 years is still too early for you, then when do you plan to get out of this Darkness?! In the next Century?! If 2 years is still early for you, then you are estimating to get out of this Darkness in a hundred years, if you ever get out of it at all!!!

On the other hand, I have found myself a “Light!” It’s called the “Paradox Theory!” For now, this “Theory” is my flashlight that guides me on my long journey through the night back into the “Light!” And this “Light” is free!!! You can follow it on your journey or you can’t. It’s up to you Dude! It’s all up to you!

Quote:
Can Mr Scratch move between reality and Dark Place, because Alan wrote it, or because he simply can??

Dude, what I am about to tell you is going to freak you out again!

Alan Wake can get out of the Dark Place! Yes he CAN!!! Alan Wake did it before! And Alan did it without this “BALANCE” between Alice and Alan! Here, I’ll tell you how he did it – Alan Wake wrote it!!! – Yes, he did! In the “First” game, do you remember the time when Alan initially wrote the “Departure” manuscript? Do you know where Alan was when he was writing the “Departure” manuscript? – Alan Wake was in the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake! – That’s right; Alan was “trapped” in the Dark Place before for 1 week! 1 WEEK, Dude! And how did Alan Wake get out from the Dark Place for the “FIRST” time? Alan Wake wrote himself to get out of the Dark Place by writing Thomas Zane as his helper! Alan’s Light! Even Thomas Zane confirms this! Zane said:

“I’m here because it was written. I brought the “Light” to set you free.”

Alan Wake wrote this! Alan Wake wrote his escape from the Dark Place! And there is no “Balance” between Alan and Alice or anybody! Alan Wake just got out of the Dark Place just because he has written it so! And do you know why there is no “Balance?” – Because both Alan and Alice are already in the Dark Place at that time! – There is no “Ransom” or “Exchanges” that needs to happen! Both Alan and Alice are already trapped in the Dark Place at that time! When Alan wrote himself out for the first time, there was no exchange happening between Alan and Alice! Alan just got out! And do you know why? – Because Alan wrote it so! – Alan Wake also got out from the Dark Place once! And without any “Balancing” exchanges! And he did it because he just wrote himself out!

So, “Theoretically” speaking, if Alan Wake can do it to himself, he can do it to any of the characters that he chooses to! And Mr. Scratch is a “Character” in the “Return” episode that Alan Wake has re-written! And just like I’ve said before in my AWAN Theory inside the “Spoiler” tab on post # 1 above, there are written proofs, these manuscript pages below:

The Genesis of Mr. Scratch
The Doppelganger
The Appearance of Mr. Scratch

Where did Alan Wake write these 3 pages above? Alan wrote these 3 pages while he was still in the Dark Place at the bottom of the Lake! When the power of the Lake is applied to these 3 pages, I believe the story will now come true! And what happens next? – A “New” evil Mr. Scratch that can travel back into the world effortlessly is created! And “All” of this is happening because Alan Wake wrote these pages “first” in the Dark Place at the bottom of the “Lake!”

And the Mr. Scratch that we see in AWAN is a “New” Mr. Scratch. The one that we saw in the main game was a “different” Mr. Scratch. In the “Paradox Theory,” the Mr. Scratch that we see in the first original game is “theoretically” filling up a “hole” in the “Paradox” that Alan Wake has created when he wrote the “Departure” manuscript!

Quote:
I am, myself my own worst enemy right now,

Dude, you are talking in metaphors?! – You’ve just express Alan Wake’s Dilemma! Alan Wake is also kind of Mr. Scratch! They look the same! They know the same people! They know each other’s histories! And they know each other’s strengths and weaknesses! Dude, with your metaphor above, it’s like you’ve just explained the entire AWAN game! Here, check this out below:

“Alan Wake – I am, myself my own worst enemy!” – Pickman Dude, again this is genius!!! Stay sane, too, Dude! While the world goes in-Zane!

Cheers, Dude!

Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why………I told you I’m a Psycho, Psycho, PSYCHO!!!................(Mr. Scratch – hip thrust, and thrust, and thrust………Rrrrrrrrrrrrah!!!)
-Poets of the Fall, Mr. Scratch, AWAN

Last edited by Jill; 04-05-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Pickman

What you wrote, about chess is great. I don't play that much, only sometimes against a computer. My games usually fail when I try to win the game. You know when the game gets to a point, where both of you just wait for the other guy, to make an opening move. Move the tower back and fort.
I have the urge to win the game and I make the move, sometimes I win, but if my plan isn't perfect it bites me in the ass and I lose.
There is something to be learned from playing chess, in many ways!! A beautiful game indeed!!

Yeah I wasn't fully awake earlier (sleepy/crumby).

Old 04-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
Jill

Quote:
What you wrote, about chess is great. I don't play that much, only sometimes against a computer. My games usually fail when I try to win the game. You know when the game gets to a point, where both of you just wait for the other guy, to make an opening move. Move the tower back and fort.
I have the urge to win the game and I make the move, sometimes I win, but if my plan isn't perfect it bites me in the ass and I lose.
There is something to be learned from playing chess, in many ways!! A beautiful game indeed!!

Thanks, Dude! That is “free” advice for you! I hope you use it in your Chess games!

Quote:
You know when the game gets to a point, where both of you just wait for the other guy, to make an opening move. Move the tower back and fort.

I know it’s funny, Dude! That’s called a Draw in “Pro” chess! I guess you are on the right track! Keep it up, Dude!

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #18
Pickman

The chess situation I describe above.

It's a perfect state, where every piece is where they should be. It's perfect! But it's also in the apex of total destruction. One move and it all falls apart. If you can see beauty in that, you could just shake the opponents hand and say nicely done, it's perfect. Everything is in balance.
Then there is the choice, of disrupting that balance, the urge to win. By the end there's almost nothing left on the board, only the King and the ruins of the towers. All the soldiers are dead. The queen has been raped and killed. The horses are eaten. A total destruction.

I almost feel bad for not seeing the beauty in that balance.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
Jill

Quote:
The chess situation I describe above.

It's a perfect state, where every piece is where they should be. It's perfect! But it's also in the apex of total destruction. One move and it all falls apart. If you can see beauty in that, you could just shake the opponents hand and say nicely done, it's perfect. Everything is in balance.
Then there is the choice, of disrupting that balance, the urge to win. By the end there's almost nothing left on the board, only the King and the ruins of the towers. All the soldiers are dead. The queen has been raped and killed. The horses are eaten. A total destruction.

I almost feel bad for not seeing the beauty in that balance.

Dude, this is a perfect analogy for Alan Wake! And not just for Alan Wake but for “Life” in general as well!

In Chess, this “perfect state,” “the beauty in that balance” is superficial! Yes, we shake our opponent’s hands and express our gratitude that we are just as good as they are, but deep inside our dark ocean green, it’s “Total Destruction!” Oh yeah! Just like you’ve said, Dude! – “Kill, Rape and Pillage” – That is the “ultimate” goal of the game!

Great Grand Masters of Chess knows this. They see this “Balance” exists in the game! Because it’s true, the Chess game is really in “equilibrium!” Take a look, at all the pieces. “Light” pieces versus “Dark” pieces. Equal number of Chess pieces on both sides. Equal alternating number of moves for both sides. For every move, there is a specific counter move to oppose that move. – “Equilibrium!” – Even the Chess pieces are set up in the beginning in equilibrium! Both sides have “Lines of Forces” that are exerted against each other in equilibrium even before the game starts!

And Great Grand Masters of Chess knows this! And what do they do about this “Balance?” – They “Exploit” it! – They would study all the possible moves to break this “Balance.” Do you know why? Because the “ultimate” goal is “Total Destruction!” Oh yeah! – “Kill, Rape and Pillage!”

That is why I believe that Chess is not just a “Mind” game; it’s also a “Psychological” game! Because in Chess, this is exactly what you do to your opponent – “Total Destruction” – Have you seen a professional match before? Take a look at what happens when a Grand Master realizes his blunder and screw-up a move, he looks at the board intensely like he had just sh*t in his pants! He doesn’t express it externally, but deep inside, he knows he is f@cked! – “Total Destruction!” – Oh yeah! “Mental” and “Psychological” destruction!

Just like in “Life!” We see this everyday! From the very beginning of time! These “Balancing” metaphors exist in our world. And our world also hangs in the apex of total destruction! All it would take is One F@cked–Up Dude that would sit on the “Throne” and make a f@cking screw-up move, and all “Hell” breaks loose! Take a look at our history, the same pattern exists up until this very day! This “Balance” that we see in our own world is the same like in Chess. The “beauty in that balance” is superficial! “Diplomatic” and “Polite!” But deep inside, when Sh*t hits the fan, it’s “Total Destruction!” It’s “Ironic” because we know this from experience, from our very own history! And after all the “knowledge” that we have gained from our ancestors, after all the “wisdom” from our forefathers, the only thing we could take from them is “Kill or be Killed!”

We are the most “Intelligent” animals in our planet. But when Sh*t hits the fan, we become like real animals and act on “Primal Instincts!” As a matter of fact, we become less than animals! If you observe most “Mammalian” species in the Animal Kingdom, they live in “herds” or “packs.” They work together, they hunt together, they feed together, and they protect each other, no matter what! And these mammals don’t even speak! Us humans on the other hand, “THE MOST” superior and “THE MOST” intelligent animals in the Animal Kingdom, we “kill” and “destroy” other humans! We are the only Mammals that kill our own kind! Deliberately! That is “Primitive,” isn’t it?! When Sh*t hits the fan, that’s the best thing we could do – “Kill, Rape and Pillage!” – Just “Ironic,” isn’t it, Dude?! It seems like Sigmund Freud was spot on with his “Theory” about the “Id.” When all the layers are peeled off from the Human Psyche, all that’s left behind and in control are “Sex and Aggression!” A “Cauldron” full of seething excitation and boiling with chaos!

Now, going back to the game, when Alan Wake wrote his “Departure” manuscript and re-wrote his “Return” episode, what comes out of it – “Chaos!” – And what was the goal of the Dark Presence from the very beginning?! – “Total Destruction!” – Even Alan Wake mentions this in the first game during his escape from the cabin for the first time! Here, this is what Alan said:

“-- to interrupt the horror story before the ending, where Darkness consumed everything and everyone.”

“The Darkness consumed everything and everyone!” – That sounds like “Total Destruction” to me! Right, Dude?! And Alan Wake wrote all of this!

And the “Balance” between “Light” and “Darkness” that Alan Wake was saying, Alan said that at the end of the first game. In a way, Alan realized this “Balance” only at the end. And Alan wrote this as well at the end when all the “Chaos” already happened. And out of all the “Balancing” forces that Alan could choose, he chose to say:

“There’s guilt and there’s atonement.”

Out of all the “Balancing” forces, these are the words that came out of Alan Wake. What is Alan Wake trying to tell us with this?! Who is “Guilty” and who is doing “Atonement?” Dude, do you still remember my “Breaking the Balance” metaphor in the other “Thread” that I have mentioned above. If only Darkness exists, would you live in it? You could if it is “livable!” But I would not consider this as “Living!” It’s kind of like “Suffering!” It’s interesting that “Atonement” is like a “Suffering” that a person acquires for being “Guilty.” And where is Alan Wake for the last 2 years?! – Living in “Darkness!”

“Theoretically” speaking, when Alan Wake realized this “Balance” in his Life, the Queen may already be DEAD! If Alan Wake is not careful in his next move, Alan could be in danger of losing this game of metaphoric “Chess!”

“Total Destruction” Dude! – “Mental” and “Psychological” destruction!!!

Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why………I told you I’m a Psycho, Psycho, PSYCHO!!!................(Mr. Scratch – still doing the hip thrust, and thrust, and thrust………Rrrrrrrrrrrrah!!!)

Take it easy, Dude! Cheers!
Last edited by Jill; 04-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
Jill

Hello again Dudes and Dudettes! It’s been awhile since my last post, and I’m back just to give you some update on my “Theory.” This time I’m going to give out my own humble opinion of what I think is the origin of Mr. Scratch. Now, I believe that one of the themes of the Alan Wake franchise is about “Doppelgangers.” We all know that from the first Alan Wake game. That is where we saw Mr. Scratch for the very first time. After the first Alan Wake game, there are Three (3) follow-up games to the first one. Two (2) are DLCs of the first game, The Signal and The Writer, and One (1) stand-alone game that is also downloadable but not considered a DLC of the first game, called American Nightmare or AWAN. That’s a total of four individual games. And “theoretically speaking,” I believe that in all of these Four (4) games, there was Alan’s “Doppelganger” present in each one of these 4 games! If you don’t believe me, then check the explanation below:

1.) 1st game, Alan Wake Game:

Alan Wake and Mr. Scratch standing side by side and then both turned and face each other as if one is a “Mirror” image of the other, except for their facial expressions. – 1st Doppelganger theme.

2.) 2nd game, The Signal DLC:

Alan Wake that we play and then Alan Wake on TV which is also in the cabin. Near the end of this DLC game, Alan asks Zane: “Zane. How do I get out of here?” Zane replies and the camera pans to the TV where the other Alan is: “That’s what you face. That’s you, even as we speak.” Then Alan said: “No, I’m right here. Zane, that’s not me. It’s just…I don’t know, an echo, a hallucination. The Dark Presence…” Zane interrupts Alan and said: “No! The Dark Presence is not responsible for this. You are making this happen. You’re trapped in your own nightmares. You are fighting yourself.” – 2nd Doppelganger theme.

3.) 3rd game, The Writer DLC:

Alan Wake that we play and then Alan Wake in the cabin which is also on TV. In the “Bridge” scene where Alan and Zane are having a conversation and Alan is asking Zane some questions. Zane said first: “The part of you that is in control is in the cabin, dreaming and insane.” Later on in the conversation, Alan asks: “So there are two of me?” Zane Replies: “Yes.” Alan asks again: “And the one you called Mr. Scratch, he’s me as well?” Then Zane replies: “No.” Then Alan asks again: “Zane, are you playing some kind of game with me?” And Zane replies: “I am not the author of your story.” – 3rd Doppelganger theme.

4.) 4th game, American Nightmare (AWAN):

Alan Wake, the champion of light against his evil double Mr. Scratch, the herald of darkness! – 4th Doppelganger theme.

There you go folks. All the games in the Alan Wake Franchise have a “Doppelganger” theme in each one of them. But the only game that has a “vague” explanation about Alan’s doppelganger is the first original Alan Wake game where we met Mr. Scratch for the very first time. All we know in the first game is that Alan’s friends will meet Mr. Scratch when Alan is gone. Now, did this happen, Alan’s friends meeting Mr. Scratch? I believe it did! Not in the future, but in the past! And this is where the continuation of my “Paradox Theory” comes in. I still believe that the “Mr. Scratch” that we saw in the first Alan Wake game is not the “Mr. Scratch” that we saw in the AWAN game. I still believe that the Mr. Scratch in the first Alan Wake game was created in the “Departure” story and stays in that story by filling up a hole in the “Paradox” that Alan created when he wrote the “Departure” manuscript.

Now how do we prove this? Again, there is a “Theoretical” explanation for this from a mystery that has not been answered yet! Do you still remember the last words that you hear at the end of the first Alan Wake game? I’m going to tell you it’s not Alan saying – “It’s not a Lake. It’s an Ocean.” Do you remember now?...............It’s Alice saying – “Alan. Wake up.” That’s right folks! And do you know that Alice said this twice in the game?! One at the end of the game and the other one at the beginning of the game! That’s right folks. Alice said these exact same words at the beginning of the game when she was waking Alan from his sleep while on the ferry! Alice said the exact same words, and on both instances, both sounded the same as if Alice was just saying it once! I have captured both instances when Alice said these words at the beginning and at the end of the game and both instances sounded exactly the same as if Alice was saying the beginning and the ending at the same time! What I really mean is that it sounded like as if Alice just said it “once” for both instances, at the beginning and at the end!

And this mystery has not been answered yet as to why Alice has also said these words at the end of the game, for the second time. Before The Signal DLC came out, some people think that this was a clue to a mystery that Alan Wake was just dreaming all of what happened in the first game. But after The Signal DLC came out, we all know that it wasn’t true and this theory of Alan dreaming was scraped off and forgotten. And up until now, I haven’t seen any explanation as to why Alice said these exact same words again (“Alan. Wake up”) at the end of the game. This mystery was just forgotten! So, I have formulated a “Theoretical” explanation for this mystery that is also connected to my initial “Paradox Theory” and at the same time to my “theory” of the first Mr. Scratch. Here it goes:

Alice also said – “Alan. Wake up.” – at the end of the game because Alan Wake wrote it in the “Departure” manuscript as a clue for Mr. Scratch to insert into the loop of the “Paradox” in the “Departure” story! In short, “Theoretically” speaking, Mr. Scratch was inserted at the beginning of the game when Alice said – “Alan. Wake up.” – and his clue was the same words that we hear when Alice said it at the end of the game. In a way, when Mr. Scratch was created in the first game, he was indirectly created by Alan Wake by writing him in the “Departure” manuscript. And then when we see Mr. Scratch disappear from the Dark Place, he was in suspension until we hear Alice’s voice saying – “Alan. Wake up.” – at the end of the game only to be re-inserted in the beginning of the game when we hear Alice say – “Alan. Wake up.” – at the beginning of the game while Alan was sleeping on the ferry. Was that confusing? What I am trying to say is that “theoretically” speaking, in the first game Mr. Scratch is also Alan Wake re-inserted in the beginning of the game when Alice said – “Alan. Wake up.” – for the purpose of fulfilling the “Paradox” that Alan Wake has created by writing the “Departure” manuscript and the clue for Mr. Scratch (who is also Alan) is the same exact voice that we hear from the beginning that we also hear at the end of the game when Alice said – “Alan. Wake up.”…………..Catch my drift now?

For short, Mr. Scratch is Alan Wake in the first game! Mr. Scratch is a “Mirror” of Alan Wake in the first game. You could see Mr. Scratch’s facial expression was kind of “innocent” looking than Alan Wake. Maybe that’s because he will represent Alan in the beginning where Alan knows nothing about this madness and chaos that is about to happen. And his name, as some people say, is like starting from “scratch!” Just like in the beginning, from nothing! This “Theory” also fulfills the mystery about Alan’s friends meeting Mr. Scratch when Alan is gone. If this “theory” of Mr. Scratch being re-inserted in the beginning is correct, then Mr. Scratch (who is also Alan) will meet all of Alan’s friends! And the mystery about Alice saying – “Alan. Wake up.” – at the end of the first game has been “theoretically” explained as well. Therefore, “Theoretically” speaking, Mr. Scratch (also Alan Wake) in the first game was created in the “Departure” manuscript to fulfill the “Paradox” that Alan has created when he wrote the “Departure” manuscript!

So, there you go Dudes and Dudettes. That is my “theory” for Mr. Scratch of the first game. And the Mr. Scratch that we saw in the AWAN game, “Theoretically” speaking, for me, he is another “Doppelganger” written by Alan Wake to fulfill the story for the Night Spring episode that Alan has re-written for the AWAN game!

All in all, there are “Doppelganger” themes for all of the Four (4) Alan Wake games! And Mr. Scratch in the first game is not the Mr. Scratch in the AWAN game! But that’s just me! (He! He! He! – Sneaky, sneaky Me!)

The “Paradox Theory” still lives, for now!!!

Cheers!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #21
johnphenomenon

hey, it's me again. And again, I thought I'd "repay" you by posting here also.

If you've already read what I said about your Paradox Theory in your other thread, then you can guess about what I think about how it connects to AWAN. However, things are different in AWAN, things that might make my criticism invalid. Allow me to repost it for others viewing this post.

"You could say that Alan wrote the entire events of the game and in turn, wrote all the characters and all of the other things you said. But one thing you don't seem to realize is that Alan wasn't even conscious when he wrote Departure. He was completely out of it, being almost entirely controlled by the Dark Presence. Not only that, but he had an "editor" remember? Jagger practically wrote the entire story herself, and only used Alan as a monkey. Why else would all these terrible things happen to Alan, things that would make his situation worse and make the Dark Presence stronger? I don't believe Alan was at all conscious of what he was writing, so I don't think he was aware enough to rewrite he past, or write other characters into existence, or anything of the sort. So, that's pretty much my main problem with your theory."

Your theory didn't work for me because Alan was under the influence of the Dark Presence when he wrote Departure. But he wasn't when he wrote Return (AWAN). Sure, Alan wasn't completely free of the Dark Presence's clutches, but he was certainly much more aware and coherent when compared to the first time. This could indicate that AWAN is actually written "better" to help him.

One thing just occurred to me though. Based from what you said (about Alan being the puppeteer and all the characters are his puppets etc), I don't think that's how it works exactly. One idea I have is that, AWAN is indeed a stand-alone installment of Alan Wake. Not just as a game, but as a story as well. When Remedy mentioned this before, this could actually be a sort of tongue-in-cheek joke. Because AWAN is indeed stand-alone. It stands outside of reality. You get what I mean? There are numerous pages that are constantly reiterating about the fluidity of reality, lines between dimensions being blurred, and other things about the Dark Place. Things like time and space work differently in the Dark Place. It could be that the events of AWAN are happening on a different plane of existence, indicating that everything in it is indeed of Alan's creation, but it does not necessarily reflect the real world. That is, Alice is not really friends with Serena, nobody actually dies, and possibly, Mr. Scratch isn't actually gone. AWAN could simply be just as the narrator described, a dream, hallucination or figment of his imagination. But I don't think so.

I think AWAN was a way for Alan to sort of experiment with his abilities in the Dark Place as a writer. In a way, AWAN does not actually contribute to the story. Everything, in AWAN could easily be disregarded as never happening. I don't really like this interpretation to be honest, not because I don't think its possible, actually it's because I do think it's possible. I hope it's not true. I desperately want AWAN to be some sort of indication of what is to come, or perhaps a peek into the future. But it could very well be just a stand-alone happening that is almost completely irrelevant to the overall story.

But then again, it could not. A different side of me believes that AWAN is simply Alan trying to escape the Dark Place, which is what his intention was for writing Return (as revealed in The Writer).

On a side note, my theory about AWAN being literally a stand-alone event, may explain the last line of the game. I posted it in my thread if anyone is interested (last post, last paragraph).

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=8593

The narrator says that AWAN takes place in a "different time, different place, far far away FROM Night Springs." Nobody seems to notice the "From", at least I haven't found any threads that discuss it. Usually, in a Night Springs episode (as well as a Twilight Zone episode), the narrator ends the story by asking questions about what happened and then ends with something like, "that's just how it goes, IN Night Springs." The "From" seems to indicate that AWAN is NOT set in Night Springs, reinforcing the idea that AWAN indeed takes place in separate reality that's a "different time, different place." It's different because there is no time or space in the Dark Place, or at least it doesn't behave in the same way as in the real world. I'm not too sure about this though (the whole time and space thing), but I seem to remember reading about it somewhere.

But how can AWAN not be set in Night Springs? If it isn't, then where is it set? I don't know, to be honest. Perhaps it is simply set in a Dark Place version of Night Springs, or maybe some sort of fictionalized version of it. I don't know really know. Any ideas?
johnphenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnphenomenon View Post
hey, it's me again. And again, I thought I'd "repay" you by posting here also.

Hey Dude, it’s also me again. And again. And again...

Quote:
Jagger practically wrote the entire story herself, and only used Alan as a monkey.

Here we go again…

I’ve said it before in another thread, this is something that I don’t believe is possible. If Jagger did this by herself and only used Alan as a monkey, then why use Alan Wake! If Jagger is this “all powerful,” “all knowing,” “all seeing” entity that could do this by herself, then why wait almost 40 years for Alan Wake to arrive in Bright Falls! Why wait, and why choose Alan if Jagger could just simply choose any “Homeless Guy” in the streets and use it as a monkey! If Jagger could write the entire story, she would not need Alan because she already knows the story, and because of that Jagger could choose any “Hobo” in the streets and use it as a monkey! But no, no, no……….it has to be Alan Wake! And do you know why it has to be Alan Wake? – Because this is Alan Wake’s Story! – Alan Wake wrote it! All of it! And this is Alan Wake’s story! Not Barbara Jagger’s story, but Alan Wake’s story!

Even Alan Wake admits it that this is his own doing! Do you remember the scene in the first game when Alan and Barry got wasted in the Anderson Farm by drinking the Anderson’s moonshine? While Alan was sleeping in the couch, he had a dream. Everything that happened in the cabin in the first week was revealed to Alan in his dream. When the dream ended, Agent Nightingale shows up and Alan “wakes” up. Do you know what the words that Alan Wake uttered right at that moment?! – “I wrote it. It’s my fault” – F@ck! Alan Wake admitted it! Alan said - “I wrote it. It’s my fault!” – Alan did not say “It’s Barbara Jagger’s fault” or “It’s the Dark Presence’s fault” or “Jagger wrote it, she used me as a monkey. It’s her fault” Alan never said anything like this! What Alan Wake said after the revelation was – “I wrote it. It’s my fault” – Alan Wake admitted it!

And what you are trying to say here is that “Jagger practically wrote the entire story herself, and only used Alan as a monkey.” I’m sorry Dude, but “No Juice” for me on this one! I don’t buy it either. I’m sorry but I ain’t buying it at all! No Juice, Dude! No Juice!

Alan Wake wrote it! This is Alan Wake’s story! And if ever there was a monkey in town, it was the Dark Presence!

Quote:
I don't believe Alan was at all conscious of what he was writing, so I don't think he was aware enough to rewrite he past, or write other characters into existence, or anything of the sort. So, that's pretty much my main problem with your theory.

And again…

“Theoretically” speaking, in the “Paradox Theory,” all of this about Alan losing his memory, looking unaware, crawling around the room and acting crazy, these are all written in the “Departure” manuscript! That’s right, in the “Paradox Theory,” everything that we see, hear and experience is already written in the “Departure” manuscript from the very beginning of the first game, including Alan’s dream in the very beginning! And this behavior of Alan while he was writing the manuscript looking unaware, crawling around acting crazy is also written in the “Departure” manuscript! Everything that we see, hear, and experience in the game has been written by Alan Wake in his “Departure” manuscript!

In the “Paradox Theory,” I could say that Alan Wake has already written in his “Departure” manuscript the story about him writing his “Departure” manuscript the story about him writing his “Departure” manuscript the story about him writing his “Departure” manuscript the story about him writing his “Departure” manuscript the story about him writing his “Departure” manuscript the story about him writing his “Departure” manuscript………….Now, doesn’t this pattern looks familiar? It kind of looks like a “Paradox!” I’m sure I’ve seen something like this before. Why of course, there is a manuscript page like this in “Departure!” Here, check it out:

Wake Reads a Page

I lifted the page in front of my eyes and read it. In it, I lifted the page in front of my eyes and read it. In it, I lifted the page in front of my eyes and read it. In it, I lifted the page in front of my eyes and read it. In it, I lifted the page in front of my eyes and read it. In it, I lifted the page in front of my eyes and read it.

The page above is from Episode 3 and could only be found in “Nightmare Mode.” Ha! No wonder Alan looked confused and unaware, crawling around and acting crazy. He is doing this because it is already written in the “Departure” manuscript! And who wrote it – Alan Wake himself!

“Theoretically” speaking, in the “Paradox Theory,” even Alan being touched by the Dark Presence was also written! That’s right! Alan Wake wrote a story in his “Departure” manuscript about him being touched by the Dark Presence. Just like the story about the “Clicker” in the “well lit room!” Alan Wake wrote a story in his “Departure” manuscript about Zane writing the “Clicker” story for Alan. Ha! Everything that we see, hear and experience in the first game is already written in the “Departure” manuscript! The “Departure” manuscript is “The Game!” And who wrote the manuscript again – Alan Wake himself!

Quote:
One thing just occurred to me though. Based from what you said (about Alan being the puppeteer and all the characters are his puppets etc), I don't think that's how it works exactly.

Once again, you are free to think whatever you want to think. I’m also free to think whatever I want to think. And I did not say that’s exactly how it works. What I’ve said in my first post above is this:

“There is actually a clue to all of this in the AWAN game! Right at the end of “Act 2: Setback,” after Alan Wake took the keys from Michael Farabee for the second time, the dead guy in one of the motel rooms. You will see a cut scene where the screen is panning and zooming out. Then you will here the “Night Springs” narrator say:

“It’s said that nobody knows what the future might bring, but for this man, it’s no longer entirely true. A weaker man might simply give up. But the champion of light is an expert on destiny. Sometimes, the puppet and the puppeteer can be one and the same.”

The puppet and the puppeteer can be one and the same! – And do you know who wrote this script for the narrator of this episode? – That’s right! Alan Wake again! Is Alan trying to tell us something by writing this in his “Return” episode?!”

Now, that is what I’ve said above, Dude! The Narrator said it in the game. And what is the AWAN game, again? – The “Return” episode of Night Springs! – And who wrote and re-wrote the “Return” episode? – Alan Wake! – The Narrator just said what Alan has written! So, who is the puppet, and who is the puppeteer now?! Alan Wake is the Big Bastard in all of this………..…………I told you I’m a Psycho, Psycho, PSYCHO!!!...........(Mr. Scratch doing the hip thrust, and thrust, and thrust………..Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah!!!)

Quote:
One idea I have is that, AWAN is indeed a stand-alone installment of Alan Wake. Not just as a game, but as a story as well. When Remedy mentioned this before, this could actually be a sort of tongue-in-cheek joke.

Oyoyoy! Let’s not do this to Remedy, Dude! Let’s not speak for Remedy if we don’t really represent them. You are putting words in their mouths! Remedy didn’t say it was a joke. What they said was that there is an Arcade Mode and a Story Mode. For the fans of the first game, the “Story Mode” would take Alan Wake’s story forward. Remedy never mentioned that the Story Mode was a “joke” forward! Dude, please don’t ruin it for Remedy! If Remedy meant the “Story Mode” as a joke, then let them say it. But not like this in here, please!

Quote:
It could be that the events of AWAN are happening on a different plane of existence, indicating that everything in it is indeed of Alan's creation, but it does not necessarily reflect the real world. That is, Alice is not really friends with Serena, nobody actually dies, and possibly, Mr. Scratch isn't actually gone.

If this is what you believe, then everything and everyone in the AWAN game are in a different plane of existence and not in the real world; that is if they really existed at all. That includes Alice in the radio interview, Barry in the radio interview, Old gods of Asgard in the radio interview, Old gods singing their song in the radio, all of this and all of them and everything that we’ve experience in the AWAN game are in a different plane of existence and does not reflect the real world. After all, we hear all of this inside the Night Springs episode called “Return” that we are playing.

If that is the case, all of them don’t exist in Alan’s current reality! Their existence before the AWAN game is yet to be revealed!

Quote:
AWAN could simply be just as the narrator described, a dream, hallucination or figment of his imagination. But I don't think so.

I think AWAN was a way for Alan to sort of experiment with his abilities in the Dark Place as a writer. In a way, AWAN does not actually contribute to the story. Everything, in AWAN could easily be disregarded as never happening. I don't really like this interpretation to be honest, not because I don't think its possible, actually it's because I do think it's possible. I hope it's not true. I desperately want AWAN to be some sort of indication of what is to come, or perhaps a peek into the future. But it could very well be just a stand-alone happening that is almost completely irrelevant to the overall story.

But then again, it could not. A different side of me believes that AWAN is simply Alan trying to escape the Dark Place, which is what his intention was for writing Return (as revealed in The Writer).

Dude, you keep repeating your theories back and forth, back and forth! F@ck, you will go nuts doing that! I’m telling you Dude, please don’t go there. You will go insane doing that! I’ve said it before in one of your threads, there are things that have been revealed and there are things that still stay as mysteries for now. If it ends as a mystery to you, then keep it as a mystery and add it to your theories. But don’t torture yourself by switching mysteries back and forth, cause’ Dude, you’ll go “Mad” just by thinking about it!

Me, I followed one “Theory” and it still works for me! The “Paradox Theory” still Lives! For now!

Quote:
The narrator says that AWAN takes place in a "different time, different place, far far away FROM Night Springs." Nobody seems to notice the "From", at least I haven't found any threads that discuss it. Usually, in a Night Springs episode (as well as a Twilight Zone episode), the narrator ends the story by asking questions about what happened and then ends with something like, "that's just how it goes, IN Night Springs." The "From" seems to indicate that AWAN is NOT set in Night Springs, reinforcing the idea that AWAN indeed takes place in separate reality that's a "different time, different place." It's different because there is no time or space in the Dark Place, or at least it doesn't behave in the same way as in the real world. I'm not too sure about this though (the whole time and space thing), but I seem to remember reading about it somewhere.

But how can AWAN not be set in Night Springs? If it isn't, then where is it set? I don't know, to be honest. Perhaps it is simply set in a Dark Place version of Night Springs, or maybe some sort of fictionalized version of it. I don't know really know. Any ideas?
I will place this on the table again for you, because I’ve mentioned it before in one of your threads. We all know that Alan’s written words could become reality. We don’t really know what Alan’s intentions are when he re-wrote his “Old” Night Springs episode. Did he plan to be transported to Arizona for one night or did he just plan to communicate with Barry through the TV using his Night Springs episode. You don’t know the answer to this, I don’t know the answer to this, and the whole world doesn’t know the answer to this. What we do know is that this re-written “Return” episode is now the one being broadcasted in Barry’s TV. But we could take a bite at it even if we don’t really know what Alan’s intentions are, right Dude? Here goes nothing:

Maybe if Alan Wake was really in Arizona, he was only there for one night. He said it so himself in one of the manuscript pages. He wrote something like the town of Night Springs being in Arizona just for one night. Alan Wake wrote it so! Now, when the episode ended on TV, Alan’s reality in Arizona should also end since Alan’s existence in Arizona is following the story of the “Return” episode that Alan has re-written while in the Dark Place. So the main questions everybody asks are, what happened to Alan Wake at the end of the episode? Is Alan out of the Dark Place? Did the story of the “Return” episode really happen in Arizona? If it did, is Alan really in Arizona? Is Alan there just for one night or he got out for good? Or maybe the story just happened in reality as a TV broadcast to communicate to Barry?

All of these questions remain a mystery! Not just to me, but to you and to the rest of the world as well? So Dude, please don’t kill yourself by switching and shifting every mystery you would discover in the game. If it appears as a mystery to you, then keep it as a mystery for now. Look at me, I just follow one “Theory” right now and it connects “The Flow” of the entire Alan Wake Franchise! It’s called the “Paradox Theory!” And for me, this “Theory” still stands, for now!

Good Luck with your long journey through the night back into……………I’m just wondering if you will ever see the “Light” with all the switching back and forth, back and forth! – Good Luck with that anyway!

The “PARADOX THEORY” still LIVES!!!

Cheers!

(Please pardon my wall of text everyone. Thank you.)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #23
Pickman

The symbolic meaning of the characters I talked about in the Thomas Zane dead or alive threat.

Now that the Old Gods are rocking again, I find there is a correlation to, that Alan is rocking too, harder than ever. Mastering and improving his writing, I mean he understand his craft better, he is more efficient with his word, the way he uses them.
Alan is on a reunion tour in a sense too like the Old Gods, don't you think?

Or something like that, you know?!?!

Old Gods get better, Alan gets better, the artist grows better...am I making sense right now?

Old 04-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #24
Jill

Hey Pickman Dude! What’s up – what’s up Bro?! What have you been up to lately? Have you been Rockin’ some threads out there? Or maybe practicing some Chess moves?

Quote:
Now that the Old Gods are rocking again, I find there is a correlation to, that Alan is rocking too, harder than ever. Mastering and improving his writing, I mean he understand his craft better, he is more efficient with his word, the way he uses them.
Alan is on a reunion tour in a sense too like the Old Gods, don't you think?

Or something like that, you know?!?!

Old Gods get better, Alan gets better, the artist grows better...am I making sense right now?

F@ck Dude, you did it again! Pickman, you are “The Man” when it comes to symbolism! I like it! I hope you don’t mind my friend; I would like to give my take on this symbolism (Pardon the pun.)

I believe that Alan Wake is rocking harder than ever first before the Old gods of Asgard did in the AWAN game. I know that the Olds gods are rocking again. Man, that “Balance slays the demon” song is so cool! Awesome!!! But I think Alan was the one that is getting better first before the Olds gods did. After all, Alan Wake was the one who re-wrote the “Return” Night Springs episode. And then, the Olds gods were singing inside the story of this “Return” Night Springs episode. Do you still remember what Alan Wake said in one of the manuscript pages? Alan said something like he was the creator. So yeah, we could say that Alan Wake has mastered his writing skills. And then the Old gods of Asgard did as well. After Alan Wake that is.

I believe Alan Wake was rocking hard first before the Olds gods of Asgard did! That’s my take on this symbolism, Dude. But that’s just me! Thanks Bro!

I’m really glad to talk to you again, Pickman Dude! Keep on Rockin’ and stay cool! And remember – Yo The Man, Dude! Yo The PickMan!

Cheers! Peace – Out!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #25
johnphenomenon

Don't worry about me Jill, I enjoy "going mad" over these sorts of things. I don't like to stick to one theory, I like to question everything. I apply the same philosophy to my life. Anyway, enough about me.

I realize that there are mysteries in Alan Wake (and other similar stories) that we will never know the answer to. As I told you before, I'm not looking for answers, because I know they'll never come. I just enjoy asking them, I guess. And talking about them.

I didn't mean to say anything against Remedy. In fact, I meant it as a compliment. If my theory is correct and AWAN's story really is just a big joke, then that'd be brilliant, on like three different levels.

I'd appreciate it if you could help me out with that last "FROM Night Springs" line that I mentioned. It's driving me nuts! I don't understand what it means. In my thread, I found some evidence that may suggest that Night Springs is not in the Dark Place, but then that line just messes up everything! What do you think?

By the way, nice eye Pickman. That's very clever. That wasn't sarcastic, by the way, haha.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
Pickman

I think that Alan created Night Springs in a new universe, somewhere in between reality and Dark Place. He is a writer and can possibly create worlds and such. As can everyone, if you think about the dreams you have at nights...never mind.
Maybe FROM Night Springs mean it is happening in a dream Alice is having, that maybe Alan created the dream.

Think about it. In the first game, in the nightmare Alan is in Night Springs and Thomas Zane is bringing a message for Alan, that he maybe wrote for him self, maybe it was Zane him self who did the message.
Thought I had something, but it escaped me...damn. Either way that dream isn't a coincidence, I suggest that someone made that dream on purpose, let's just say it was Alan, because he wrote for the show Night Springs. It would make no sense that old man Zane did that.
Just like he used Night Springs to bring a message to the real world in AWAN.

AAAAaa I don't know that don't make no sense, why all the trouble of creating another world, just to connect someone in a dream. Why not just invade the dream? Maybe he needed something from Alice like the movie to make a connection?

I'm way too deep now, I'm starting to lose my mind. I'll try to make some sense into this a little later. Or feel free to try and decrypt the message.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
johnphenomenon

Quote:
I think that Alan created Night Springs in a new universe, somewhere in between reality and Dark Place. He is a writer and can possibly create worlds and such. As can everyone, if you think about the dreams you have at nights...never mind.
Maybe FROM Night Springs mean it is happening in a dream Alice is having, that maybe Alan created the dream.

Think about it. In the first game, in the nightmare Alan is in Night Springs and Thomas Zane is bringing a message for Alan, that he maybe wrote for him self, maybe it was Zane him self who did the message.
Thought I had something, but it escaped me...damn. Either way that dream isn't a coincidence, I suggest that someone made that dream on purpose, let's just say it was Alan, because he wrote for the show Night Springs. It would make no sense that old man Zane did that.
Just like he used Night Springs to bring a message to the real world in AWAN.

AAAAaa I don't know that don't make no sense, why all the trouble of creating another world, just to connect someone in a dream. Why not just invade the dream? Maybe he needed something from Alice like the movie to make a connection?

I'm way too deep now, I'm starting to lose my mind. I'll try to make some sense into this a little later. Or feel free to try and decrypt the message.
Hahaha, I think you've got something there. It's wrapped in nonsense, but you definitely have something there. hahaha.

I think AWAN is Barry's dream, rather than Alice's dream. We can say this from the very last scene after the credits. But just because it's a dream, doesn't mean it's not real. How's that for a brain-buster?

What I mean to say is, if Night Springs is not in the Dark Place (check out my thread to better understand this), then it must be because it's in Barry's dream. Barry's mind is not in the Dark Place, obviously. But actually, AWAN is not literally in Night Springs. It's only SET in Night Springs. The "FROM" line must imply that the Night Springs in AWAN is not..... the real Night Springs? I'm not too sure about this, but this could tie into my stand-alone idea. Perhaps its the fact that AWAN is all a dream (and thus, a nearly irrelevant, unrelated story) that allows it to be set in Night Springs but not actually IN the physical place of Night Springs. I realize Night Springs isn't a real place, but in order for it become real, it would have to be written into existence. But Alan didn't write it into existence. He only wrote it into Barry's dream, a plane of existence that is separate from the Dark Place and the real world. The fact that this means it doesn't really "exist" is up for interpretation. He used the setting of "Night Springs" to leave the Dark Place and enter Barry's dream. But he only used the setting. He didn't actually write it into existence in the real world, or even in the Dark Place. Alan probably had some reason for this, a reason I can't really figure out right now. Ok, I'm not sure if I'M making any sense now, hahaha. That damn line keeps on messing up my theories.

Something else just occurred to me though. I didn't realize this until my fifth or so playthrough of the original game. In the beginning of the nightmare (in the very beginning) you can see a sign that says, "Now Entering Night Springs." Perhaps, there is some correlation between Night Springs and dreams. Man, this is nuts. I think I need to think things over a bit.These are just random thoughts. But thanks Pickman, you've made a great contribution here.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
Jill

Quote:

I’ve decrypted the message. You are also switching back and forth, back and forth!...........................Hmmm? Interesting!................................A “Doppelganger!”

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'M making any sense now, hahaha.
Quote:
I think I need to think things over a bit.

Yup! Definitely a “Doppelganger!”…………………….You know that I’m a Psycho, Psycho, PSYCHO!!!......................(Mr. Scratch still doing the hip thrust, and thrust, and thrust…………………Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah!)

The "PARADOX THEORY" still "LIVES!!!"
Last edited by Jill; 04-26-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #29
johnphenomenon

Um. So. Ok. I don't really know how to respond to that.

If you don't want to answer my posts, that's fine. I hope someone else out there would be willing to continue the discussion.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #30
Jill

Quote:
Um. So. Ok. I don't really know how to respond to that.

If you don't want to answer my posts, that's fine. I hope someone else out there would be willing to continue the discussion.

Oh yeah, I’ll be right there. I’ll go down and search my deep, dark ocean green and consult Alan Wake for the answers to your post. I’ll be right back shortly!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
Pickman

So here's some more nonsense for you guys.

If there is a dream reality, then Night Springs is Alans domain sort of?!?
A play ground for Alan to be in between the two places, the Dark Place and the real world.
Alan wanted to get into Alices domain and he could use something Alice created, to get there. So he inserted the movie into Night Spring that is between, reality and Dark Place and now they have an connection.

I don't know if Alan necessarily wants to show Barry anything. I'm not saying it's impossible, but what I would do is to get in touch with the wife, who thinks your'e dead.
Maybe it was to get to them both.

Because the plot thickens everyday and the pieces of puzzle keep crumblin' away, but I know, there's a picture beneath.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #32
Kranitoko

Why are responses so largeeeeeee?
Kranitoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #33
djshauny1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranitoko View Post
LOL

But its a very interesting read
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #34
Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranitoko View Post

I think because it’s a heavy “Theory” Dude! And their responses are also heavy. Give it a shot!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
Jill

Quote:
I don't like to stick to one theory, I like to question everything. I apply the same philosophy to my life.

Such is Life! I agree with you, Dude. I do the same thing in Life. And I did the same thing in the Alan Wake Franchise. All the theories that I’ve read and all the other theories that I’ve formulated before the “Paradox Theory” came up to me are still under my radar. I always question them, including the “Paradox Theory.” Because these are just theories, and as such they are neither true nor false. But they are there to guide us in our interpretation and understanding. They are all good solid and viable theories, even the weird ones! I’ve been there, and I swam and dove these deepest, darkest ocean greens in search of the Light! And then I’ve discovered the “Paradox Theory!” And ever since, the “Paradox Theory!” has been my flashlight in my long journey through the night back into the Light. And it still is!

Quote:
As I told you before, I'm not looking for answers, because I know they'll never come.

I’m glad you’ve embraced this truth. A lot of the fans and followers out there believe they will get answers or revelations from the next installment, or from the next one, or from the next one. But what they will get are more mysteries, and more mysteries and more mysteries. The beauty of this Franchise is that it is designed as a mystery, and will always stay as a mystery. Because the unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end. His name is Alan Wake. He’s a writer…

Even though we won’t get any direct answers, I have the “Paradox Theory” for now to guide me!

Quote:
I didn't mean to say anything against Remedy. In fact, I meant it as a compliment. If my theory is correct and AWAN's story really is just a big joke, then that'd be brilliant

I don’t know about this one, Dude .But let’s wait and see what the fans and followers would say when they find out that the story of AWAN in the Story Mode is just a big joke. I don’t think that if negative responses were to arise from these fans and followers would mean as compliments to Remedy at all. I mean, that would ruin them! Imagine some fans bought the game for the story primarily, Arcade function secondarily, and then them playing the Story Mode which is actually designed as a big joke. That is Heavy, Dude. Don’t you think?!

Quote:
I'd appreciate it if you could help me out with that last "FROM Night Springs" line that I mentioned. It's driving me nuts! I don't understand what it means. In my thread, I found some evidence that may suggest that Night Springs is not in the Dark Place, but then that line just messes up everything! What do you think?

Again, this is a mystery. And you know how it is in the Alan Wake universe; it’s all a bloody mystery! But, it doesn’t mean we can’t take a bite at it, right Dude? After all, these are just theories!

This is my take on it, and again Dude, this is just a “theory.” Okay? Nothing here is set in stone. Now, what the Narrator said at the end is this:

“One thing is certain: This scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs.”

The first thing that popped into my mind was “Naboo!” You know, in a Galaxy far, far away! But f@ck, that was also in a totally different universe!

I believe the Narrator is pertaining to the Movie Scene of Alan and Alice that just ended. That was the last scene in the ending of this “Return” episode that we could see, and then the Narrator started talking just as the scene fades away. Do you remember that this Movie was taken by Alice in the past while Alan and Alice where on vacation in the desert? These last scenes are moments snatched from times gone by. From a past – Alan’s and Alice’s past. Maybe the Narrator was trying to described the Movie Scene as taking place in another time and place far, far away from Night Springs because in the past, when Alan and Alice recorded this scene they were away for a vacation in a different place in the desert which is not Night Springs because in Alan’s and Alice’s reality the town of Night Springs doesn’t exist. It’s a fictional show were Alan used to write stuff for them, and not a real place in their reality. So, when Alan and Alice took that recording of their vacation in the desert, it was in another time and another place far from the town of Night Springs where Alan is inside the story of his “Return” episode.

So, whatever the Narrator said in the AWAN game is not really coming from the Narrator per se. It is really coming from Alan Wake because it was Alan who wrote the initial “Return” episode, and it is also Alan Wake who used this old “Return” episode and then re-wrote it for what we believe is the AWAN game and the episode that is also broadcasted in Barry’s TV. In a way, we could say that the Narrator was just following a script. A script that Alan Wake wrote and re-wrote. And so, it is really Alan Wake who is telling us this scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs. And that what it describes is probably just the Movie Scene and not the entire “Return” episode. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Now, whether this re-written “Return” episode is really happening in reality and simultaneously in Barry’s TV, or maybe just in Barry’s TV and Barry dreaming it simultaneously, or maybe all three, in reality, in Barry’s TV and in Barry’s dream happening simultaneously, or maybe happening just in Barry’s TV alone, remains a mystery! These are all possible mysteries and scenarios that could happen in the AWAN game. Even the one you’ve mentioned above and in your other thread about the “Return” episode just happening in another plane of existence in the Dark Place is also possible. But then, everyone that we saw and heard in the AWAN game are not really what they are in Alan’s reality outside of the Dark Place in the present time. Their existences are yet to be revealed. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Once again Dude, “Theories” are just theories. And they will remain theories until proven true or false! It’s up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. And follow whatever you want to follow. It’s a free world, thank goodness for that! I’m free, you are free, and everybody is free! And for me, I have the “Paradox Theory!” This is my flashlight for now!

The “Paradox Theory” still Lives!

Cheers!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #36
johnphenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Such is Life! I agree with you, Dude. I do the same thing in Life. And I did the same thing in the Alan Wake Franchise. All the theories that I’ve read and all the other theories that I’ve formulated before the “Paradox Theory” came up to me are still under my radar. I always question them, including the “Paradox Theory.” Because these are just theories, and as such they are neither true nor false. But they are there to guide us in our interpretation and understanding. They are all good solid and viable theories, even the weird ones! I’ve been there, and I swam and dove these deepest, darkest ocean greens in search of the Light! And then I’ve discovered the “Paradox Theory!” And ever since, the “Paradox Theory!” has been my flashlight in my long journey through the night back into the Light. And it still is!

I’m glad you’ve embraced this truth. A lot of the fans and followers out there believe they will get answers or revelations from the next installment, or from the next one, or from the next one. But what they will get are more mysteries, and more mysteries and more mysteries. The beauty of this Franchise is that it is designed as a mystery, and will always stay as a mystery. Because the unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end. His name is Alan Wake. He’s a writer…

Even though we won’t get any direct answers, I have the “Paradox Theory” for now to guide me!

I don’t know about this one, Dude .But let’s wait and see what the fans and followers would say when they find out that the story of AWAN in the Story Mode is just a big joke. I don’t think that if negative responses were to arise from these fans and followers would mean as compliments to Remedy at all. I mean, that would ruin them! Imagine some fans bought the game for the story primarily, Arcade function secondarily, and then them playing the Story Mode which is actually designed as a big joke. That is Heavy, Dude. Don’t you think?!

Again, this is a mystery. And you know how it is in the Alan Wake universe; it’s all a bloody mystery! But, it doesn’t mean we can’t take a bite at it, right Dude? After all, these are just theories!

This is my take on it, and again Dude, this is just a “theory.” Okay? Nothing here is set in stone. Now, what the Narrator said at the end is this:

“One thing is certain: This scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs.”

The first thing that popped into my mind was “Naboo!” You know, in a Galaxy far, far away! But f@ck, that was also in a totally different universe!

I believe the Narrator is pertaining to the Movie Scene of Alan and Alice that just ended. That was the last scene in the ending of this “Return” episode that we could see, and then the Narrator started talking just as the scene fades away. Do you remember that this Movie was taken by Alice in the past while Alan and Alice where on vacation in the desert? These last scenes are moments snatched from times gone by. From a past – Alan’s and Alice’s past. Maybe the Narrator was trying to described the Movie Scene as taking place in another time and place far, far away from Night Springs because in the past, when Alan and Alice recorded this scene they were away for a vacation in a different place in the desert which is not Night Springs because in Alan’s and Alice’s reality the town of Night Springs doesn’t exist. It’s a fictional show were Alan used to write stuff for them, and not a real place in their reality. So, when Alan and Alice took that recording of their vacation in the desert, it was in another time and another place far from the town of Night Springs where Alan is inside the story of his “Return” episode.

So, whatever the Narrator said in the AWAN game is not really coming from the Narrator per se. It is really coming from Alan Wake because it was Alan who wrote the initial “Return” episode, and it is also Alan Wake who used this old “Return” episode and then re-wrote it for what we believe is the AWAN game and the episode that is also broadcasted in Barry’s TV. In a way, we could say that the Narrator was just following a script. A script that Alan Wake wrote and re-wrote. And so, it is really Alan Wake who is telling us this scene takes place in another time and another place…far, far away…from Night Springs. And that what it describes is probably just the Movie Scene and not the entire “Return” episode. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Now, whether this re-written “Return” episode is really happening in reality and simultaneously in Barry’s TV, or maybe just in Barry’s TV and Barry dreaming it simultaneously, or maybe all three, in reality, in Barry’s TV and in Barry’s dream happening simultaneously, or maybe happening just in Barry’s TV alone, remains a mystery! These are all possible mysteries and scenarios that could happen in the AWAN game. Even the one you’ve mentioned above and in your other thread about the “Return” episode just happening in another plane of existence in the Dark Place is also possible. But then, everyone that we saw and heard in the AWAN game are not really what they are in Alan’s reality outside of the Dark Place in the present time. Their existences are yet to be revealed. That’s my take on it, but that’s just me! This is just a theory. No more, no less!

Once again Dude, “Theories” are just theories. And they will remain theories until proven true or false! It’s up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. And follow whatever you want to follow. It’s a free world, thank goodness for that! I’m free, you are free, and everybody is free! And for me, I have the “Paradox Theory!” This is my flashlight for now!

The “Paradox Theory” still Lives!

Cheers!
Whoa! I never realized that the narrator says, "THIS SCENE" which could easily mean he's only talking about the last scene. That pretty much explains the FROM part. But honestly, I was kinda getting used to my original idea about the dream/different plane of existence/night springs idea. I think I enjoy that idea better. Maybe I'll stick with that one. But I'm still not entirely sure it makes any sense.

But as I said before, I think your theory might fit in better here. Because something you said intrigued me. I forgot that Alan did write everything you see in the AWAN game (except the scenes with Barry). I can agree with you about that for AWAN (but not for AW sorry). If Alan wrote what the narrator says (including what he says at the end) then it was Alan's will (his plan) all along to have it set in a different reality, in "another time, another place, far far away from Night Springs." And in turn, by writing that, it became true, and he WAS far far away from Night Springs and thus, out of the Dark Place. Again, I'm not too sure about if the last line is referring to the last scene or the entire game. I'd prefer the latter actually. But thanks for your help, you've really shed some light on this.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #37
johnphenomenon

Quote:
So here's some more nonsense for you guys.

If there is a dream reality, then Night Springs is Alans domain sort of?!?
A play ground for Alan to be in between the two places, the Dark Place and the real world.
Alan wanted to get into Alices domain and he could use something Alice created, to get there. So he inserted the movie into Night Spring that is between, reality and Dark Place and now they have an connection.

I don't know if Alan necessarily wants to show Barry anything. I'm not saying it's impossible, but what I would do is to get in touch with the wife, who thinks your'e dead.
Maybe it was to get to them both.

Because the plot thickens everyday and the pieces of puzzle keep crumblin' away, but I know, there's a picture beneath.
Dude, that's what I'm saying! It's not nonsense. Alan transported himself into a dream reality, a separate plane of existence outside of the real world and the Dark Place that is set in Night Springs. We can say that there is some correlation between dreams, Night Springs, the Dark Place, and the real world. There are many pages that hint at this. It seems that all of these realities are constantly fluctuating, merging, and separating in relation to one another. So we know that it is definitely a possibility that AWAN could be a way for Alan to return to the real world. For all we know, he already has (last scene).

Except, I rather think it's Barry's dream than Alice's. There doesn't seem any evidence to show that (but the scenes with Barry do prove it's his dream). Although you do have an interesting point. What is Alan trying to show Barry? What could Barry possibly do to help him? I have no idea about this. Maybe we'll know more in the next installment. But I believe Alan is indeed trying to contact Barry.

I thought more about my previous post about this, and I think it does make sense. It's a bit far-fetched but I would like to believe it to be true. For me, at least.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #38
Pickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnphenomenon
Except, I rather think it's Barry's dream than Alice's. There doesn't seem any evidence to show that (but the scenes with Barry do prove it's his dream).
Maybe, or maybe he's just near a fissure in the universe and picks up the broadcast.

Or maybe Alan uses Barry to get to Alice.

Or he shows Barry, that he wants to be with Alice, except Alice wouldn't believe a word Barry says.

Or maybe it's a re written past occurrence, from a old family vacation video in Arizona.

Well, there you go. Have fun spinning ideas, 'till you turn insane.
Because of your own curiosity. MUHAA HA HA HAAA!!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
Jill

Quote:
One idea I have is that, AWAN is indeed a stand-alone installment of Alan Wake. Not just as a game, but as a story as well. When Remedy mentioned this before, this could actually be a sort of tongue-in-cheek joke. Because AWAN is indeed stand-alone. It stands outside of reality. You get what I mean?
Quote:
It could be that the events of AWAN are happening on a different plane of existence, indicating that everything in it is indeed of Alan's creation, but it does not necessarily reflect the real world.
Quote:
Everything, in AWAN could easily be disregarded as never happening. I don't really like this interpretation to be honest, not because I don't think its possible, actually it's because I do think it's possible. I hope it's not true. I desperately want AWAN to be some sort of indication of what is to come, or perhaps a peek into the future. But it could very well be just a stand-alone happening that is almost completely irrelevant to the overall story.
Quote:
I didn't mean to say anything against Remedy. In fact, I meant it as a compliment. If my theory is correct and AWAN's story really is just a big joke, then that'd be brilliant, on like three different levels.
Quote:
But honestly, I was kinda getting used to my original idea about the dream/different plane of existence/night springs idea. I think I enjoy that idea better. Maybe I'll stick with that one.

I totally dig it now, what you are trying to say here with these posts! I can’t stop thinking about it. And then it dawned on me. You could be Right! “Theoretically” correct that is. What you are trying to say on these posts above is “Theoretically” Possible. I got it!

There is no proof that Alan Wake is in reality in the AWAN game. There is no proof that Alan Wake got out of the Dark Place either in the AWAN game. And you keep mentioning “Stand Alone” and “Different Plane of Reality” which is also a possibility in the Alan Wake Franchise. You even went as far as saying:

Quote:
Everything, in AWAN could easily be disregarded as never happening.

Man, you are probably and “Theoretically” correct! You opened up my eyes to this possibility! It sounds brilliant, just like you’ve said. Here let me explain.

What if the AWAN game is indeed a “stand alone” and “could easily be disregarded as never happening,” just like you’ve said above. Or if the AWAN game is happening, it is happening in a “different plane of reality,” just like you’ve said above. And then when the actual “Sequel” comes out, like Alan Wake 2, what if the story of the sequel would not follow the same story as the AWAN game story? That would be a total “Brain F@ck!” That’s Brilliant! Adding more mysteries to the already existing mysteries of the previous games. I call it “Double Brain F@ck!” It’s totally possible Dude! You’ve opened-up my eyes to this possibility. Oh, I wouldn’t be surprised if this where to happen when the Alan Wake 2 sequel comes out and the story would not connect to the AWAN game, just like you’ve said above. That’s a Double Brain F@ck!

And not only that, there is also a “Theoretical” possibility that when the Alan Wake 2 sequel comes out, the story on this sequel would not even connect to any of the previous games at all – Neither The first Alan Wake game, The 2 DLCs, nor The AWAN game! – “Triple Brain F@ck!” This is “Theoretically” possible! And it wouldn’t surprise me either if this one would also happen when the Alan Wake 2 sequel comes out and the story would not connect to any of the previous games. That’s a Triple Brain F@ck!

It is totally and “Theoretically” possible. It’s all up to Alan Wake now. After all, Alan Wake is in the Dark Place with the Power of the “Lake” by his side as an ally, anything could happen and this story could go anywhere. Oh, I won’t be surprised if any of these two possibilities where to happen. As a matter of fact, that would be Brilliant! A Double or a Triple Brain F@ck for everybody!

Now I understand what you mean when you said this:

Quote:

It is indeed Brilliant! Not as a joke per se, but as an outcome joke. I could just imagine now what the followers of the Franchise would say or react if what I’ve said above about the Alan Wake 2 Sequel where to happen just like that. They would be stunned with this “WTF” look on their faces – “Priceless!” – Oh Man, I could see it now. Brilliant and Priceless! You are right Dude. Brilliant on like three different levels! I call it “Triple Brain F@ck!” Awesome Dude! But it won’t surprise me anymore. Not a bit.

With Alan Wake and the Power of the “Lake” together, that sounds like a lethal combination for the Alan Wake 2 sequel. A Double or a Triple Brain F@ck for everybody!

Cheers!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #40
johnphenomenon

Glad we could finally agree on something, Jill. Yeah, I like this theory very much, it feels right. I kinda like how Alan Wake 2 could possibly completely disregard the events of AWAN, because I would very much like to see what exactly happened right after the events of the original Alan Wake. But then again, we shouldn't rule anything out. Even if I'm wrong, I'm sure Alan Wake 2 will deliver. God, I'm so freakin' excited! I know it's gonna take a long time, but I just can't wait! I love Alan Wake! I love you Remedy!