Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Death Rally

Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
sidetwo

Formerly of Remedy, currently of awesome.
Death Rally v2.3 hits the App Store just in time for Easter!

Death Rally has received a brand new update with a brand new multiplayer match and to celebrate the upcoming festive season we've also reduced the prices on many of the Multiplayer in-app weapons and cars to give you a bit of a head-start in kicking some a** this Easter!

Not to mention that in addition to this we've also littered the track with Easter eggs allowing you all to go on an easter egg hunt with a twist - MAYHEM and CARNAGE!

The update optimizes the game for the new iPad and includes a multiplayer mode for the Dukematch where players compete against each other in a destruction derby type arena, where all weapons are available.

Want even more? Rewards for daily play have been added so come back and frequently play Death Rally every day to earn max amount of free battle modifiers!

Death Rally is an intensive, action packed, top-down racing game with addictive gameplay and guns. Lots of guns. Make a run for the finish line with a trail of burnt rubber and spent shells behind you… along with the flaming wreckage of any opponent dumb enough to get in your way.

Death Rally is a universal app compatible with the new iPad, iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 32GB and 64GB third generation iPod touch, fourth generation iPod touch and newer running iOS 3.2 or later, and available in the App Store for $0.99.

Click here to get Death Rally direct from the iOS Appstore!
Appstore Direct Link

What's New in Version 2.3
★ New multiplayer Duke Match - Confront the King with your friends or other online racers in this multiplayer death match!
★ Support for the new iPad - If you have the new iPad, this is the game you want!
★ Easter eggs to be picked up around the tracks - Celebrate the festive season by heading on an easter egg hunt!
★ Rewards for daily replay - Now you have even more incentive to hit the track with daily rewards!

Follow us on www.facebook.com/deathrally for more information!
sidetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
gordito4u
Re: Death Rally v2.3 hits the App Store just in time for Easter!

This latest version has wiped out most of my unlocks. Are you aware of this issue?
gordito4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
sidetwo

We're looking into this issue as we've had several users report it.

In the meantime you should be able to restore your progress by heading to the Game Center menu and restoring it from there.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
Wise-Cat

Thanks for that guys...but

Why haven't you split up the statistics of killing/death count into two categories: racing statistics and the arena? Cause it's not a problem to get 50 kills during the only one deathmatch, thus it completely devalue the previous numbers.
Another fly in the ointment is ...guess what... synching. Died four times tonight in a row either without even seeing the attacker or seeing him in front of me, that was quite frustrating.
Hope you will do your best improving that issues, so thanks in advance!
Is prices reduction some kind of a temporary event?
And yes, my single player progress became messed up too, so had to restore it.
Wise-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Patric

Remedy

We have received some reports on lost progress after installing the v2.3 update. This is something that has not happened in any of our test runs, but we'll keep trying to get that issue so that a fix can be made.
If this happened to you with the update or after uninstalling, switching device or whatever reason, you can restore both your in-app purchases and your progress. In-app purchase restore is exact, but as there is no exact game state saved online, we do our best to get you restored using the info of your game progress that is available.
1) Reclaim your in-app purchases in the Store dialog by pressing the IAP Recover button.
2) Press the Game Center button and then Restore Career to restore your progress as well as possible based on your progress info saved online.
PatricRMD
Patric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Wise-Cat

What's that? Another lame copypaste instruction from facebook? Have u even read my post? Restoring single is not a big deal, my questions were about other issues.
Such things like great support and other minor details form positive game experience, and I clearly lack for it at the moment.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
RedHot6MT

Yes this update is very buggy. His name is Wise-Cat for a reason. The sync on my iPhone is horribly frustrating. Not so much in the previous version. AI/players health is very inconsistent. Sometimes 1 missile to kill and other times 5 does 0 damage. Races I've clearly lost and I magically float the top. Boxes I explode of goodies I need whipped away by other players. Flaw in close races where 2nd or 3rd player shimmies at the finish line and float into first. Needs a lot of work. Thanks in advance.
RedHot6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Wise-Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot6MT View Post
Races I've clearly lost and I magically float the top.

Yep, old good Pit is like city of ghosts now. After looking at this screenshot you could think that 3 cars have crossed the finish line, however according to the "lap protocol" only one has. The other two will appear in it after several seconds, magically granting me a victory. On the other hand these two car-projections in front of me were invulnerable to all weapons, so there is still a possibility that the victory was legit. As it was mentioned, that kind of things happen much much more frequently now, so please don't ignore our suggestions, that's not how feedback is supposed to work!
Last edited by Wise-Cat; 04-07-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #9
sidetwo

We're definitely not ignoring feedback. We're always aiming to improve performance and syncing in future updates so please bear with us.

In regards to the IAP pricing - yes, it's an easter special promotion.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Whiterat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordito4u View Post
This latest version has wiped out most of my unlocks. Are you aware of this issue?
Same here. Lots of things now locked and VIP pass gone etc.

I never use Game Centre so can't restore that way!

Please sort this out
Whiterat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
sidetwo

An update has been submitted to resolve this. We have submitted an expedited application but with Easter we hope it gets approved by Apple soon.

You can restore your purchases (VIP, etc) by heading to the store in-game and you will see the option there.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
sidetwo

For those who were having issues regarding lost progress after installing the v2.3 update, we've just released v2.3.1 which fixes this. Please update your game through the app store to resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience and have fun on the track this Easter!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #13
pegm0

I just updated to 2.3.1. I have now lost my VIP pass. I tried to restore my career but that did not fix the issue.
pegm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
sidetwo

@pegm0 - Click the Store tab in the top- left corner and from there you can restore your purchases.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
Wise-Cat

Just upgraded to the latest version and I'm not able to find my cool yellow chainsaw-equipped school bus. The one, which won the idea challenge, by the way. What am I doing wrong?
Any other similar contests in the future?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
Wise-Cat

Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
MarkusRMD

Remedy

@Wise-Cat I'll check on that on Monday
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
Wise-Cat

Based on my experience here, I can say for sure that cat pics do help drawing attention. Well, thanks in advance!
Again, this game is amazing already, I just think it has huuuge potential to become even more awesome, adding some fresh details won't hurt. Thus my intentions are pure.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
MarkusRMD

Remedy

I personally am more of a dog person
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
Wise-Cat

Oh my, that's why...
Anyway I'm still hoping to discover the evil yellow bus's fate.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #21
Wise-Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusRMD View Post
@Wise-Cat I'll check on that on Monday
Just wanted to make some details clear, what monday did you have in mind?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #22
RedHot6MT

LOL Wise-Cat. I was thinking the same thing. Ever get the feeling like we're the only ones having a conversation in here? I'll get to work on you're concerns OK? ;-)
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #23
Wise-Cat

@MarkusRMD Another Monday is about to end, I'm starting to worry.
I wonder if this pic could help (it's not a bribe, haha)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
Wise-Cat

Oh thanks for the detailed answer. Seriously so much fun I'm having on this forum, it's like Six Flags ... without roller coasters.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #25
RedHot6MT

Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #26
Wise-Cat