Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Alan Wake

Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Ioan92
Absolutely STUNNED!

Hi folks,

As a first post I would like to thank all the members of Remedy for bringing out such a masterpiece. For a moment, I thought that PC gaming was going under with the quality of the games decreasing fast.

Then I stumbled upon Alan Wake. Watched gameplay videos, cutscenes, informed myself on the storyline then I listened to the soundtrack. Already impressed by what I'd seen, I headed to steam, bought and downloaded the collector's edition... What was about to follow would become not only the best storyline ever told in a game, but also the best method to present it.

I am already anxiously awaiting the sequel Return to be "written" to find out how Alan will reunite with Alice.

Keep it up Remedy! You've got yourselves a new fan! ^^
Ioan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
EvilEmperorZoRG

Re: Absolutely STUNNED!

Exactly like me But I always knew about their talent in Remedy! Max Payne beats Alan's ass you see

Death is coming. It's coming. He's coming. Get away. Get away-yahhh!!!

The flesh. The fllleshhhh-Gyahh!
EvilEmperorZoRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Ioan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmperorZoRG View Post
Exactly like me But I always knew about their talent in Remedy! Max Payne beats Alan's ass you see
I actually also love Max Payne, I played it when I was much younger. Today it gives me nostalgic memories the winter nights in my childhood. Thing is however that comparing Payne with Wake is like comparing apples and oranges: they're both leaders in their categories.

The surprising this however is that Remedy didn't lose itself over the years like other developers, something which is to be proud of!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
LonelyGreyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioan92 View Post
Thing is however that comparing Payne with Wake is like comparing apples and oranges: they're both leaders in their categories.
Wait. What?

I agreed with all you said up until that point.
LonelyGreyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Ioan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
Wait. What?

I agreed with all you said up until that point.
I meant Max Payne was a leader in the "Film Noir" setting while A.Wake was a leader in the horror thriller genre. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
EvilEmperorZoRG

Quote:
I actually also love Max Payne, I played it when I was much younger. Today it gives me nostalgic memories the winter nights in my childhood. Thing is however that comparing Payne with Wake is like comparing apples and oranges: they're both leaders in their categories.

The surprising this however is that Remedy didn't lose itself over the years like other developers, something which is to be proud of!
I'm kidding! I love them both, but because of the same nostalgic feelings I have to go with Max for the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omQ-7wZTXvI

This reminds me of my childhood a lot! Playing Max Payne 2 on my Windows ME PC, with Pentium 4, GeForce 4600ti and 512mb DDR ram! Good old times!

I still have this PC along with my 17 inch CRT Philips screen! I play games like Max Payne there from time to time to get nostalgic xD

Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Ioan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmperorZoRG View Post
I'm kidding! I love them both, but because of the same nostalgic feelings I have to go with Max for the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omQ-7wZTXvI

This reminds me of my childhood a lot! Playing Max Payne 2 on my Windows ME PC, with Pentium 4, GeForce 4600ti and 512mb DDR ram! Good old times!

I still have this PC along with my 17 inch CRT Philips screen! I play games like Max Payne there from time to time to get nostalgic xD
That song... the dark beige night skies of Montreal bristling among the falling snow flakes.. It was another cold night of the brutal winters battering the island city...

And yet I never got round to play the sequel! Gotta get it sometime!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
EvilEmperorZoRG

Quote:
That song... the dark beige night skies of Montreal bristling among the falling snow flakes.. It was another cold night of the brutal winters battering the island city...

And yet I never got round to play the sequel! Gotta get it sometime!
You haven't played Max Payne 2? Well, IMO it's better than the 1st one! But....what are you waiting for? Here you are!

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-The-...5734742&sr=8-5

You'll get it with the box! Trust me, much better than Steam! Or try Ebay for better price

Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
Dark

I've been here for Alan Wake ever since I first saw that tiny little thumbprint article in PC Gamer back in '04 or '05 with news of Remedy's "next" game.

Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
ScarletSnake

Mirrors are more fun than television.

Mirrors are more fun than television.
Verdict: MP1>MP3>MP2
ScarletSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
AhmadMetallic

I literally worship the Max Payne games. Honestly the only reason I bought two copies of Alan Wake was to support the former PC developer Remedy, as a thank you for Max Payne.

I didn't have high expectations for Alan Wake, being an Xbox exclusive and a "contemporary shooter."
Luckily when I started up the game I couldn't have been more wrong.

Not only is this a polished and well designed masterpiece, but it has soooooo much of Max Payne's spirit, and it runs on the PC like a true PC game.

God bless you, Remedy!
AhmadMetallic is offline   Reply With Quote