Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Max Payne

Old 06-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
johnadaniels

Remedy's - Max Payne coolest moment

I just wanted to say that if Remedy puts the same uniqueness into Alan WAKE it would be an awesome game.

My favorite moment in Max Payne is where you get to the top of the main building at the end of the game and you have to destroy the mainframe computers.

I would have not known what kind of computers they were but had seen a picture in one of our old programmers office. It was a www.cray.com That was very cool.

They could have made up some kind of box that looked like a server but instead they used something very cool.

Great Job!!
johnadaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
raizok
Re: Remedy's - Max Payne coolest moment

Remedy does put in some great attention to detail, its the small things that impress me most in games. I especially loved the tv shows they had in MP1 & 2. I wonder if AW will have anything similar, doesn't have to be of comedic value either.
raizok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:59 AM   #3
johnadaniels

O, yes the TV shows were awesome. I always thought it would be so very cool if the game maker would allow us fans to submit a small show/video that could be played in the tvs.

That way you the developer would have a lot of very unique content. I would like to submit a little show or a commercial and see if it makes it into the game, kind of like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did.

Remedy just tell me what size and resolution and I will submit something cool and funny.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
tek9

LOL. Favorite moment would have to be shooting Vinni Gognitti's "Captain Baseball Bat Boy" memorabilia and hearing him whine about it. HILARIOUS. "oh shit, I cant fit through, I cant fit through the bomb will go off." Great part as well.
tek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

The cleaner playing the piano...nice way to break the tension.

Remedy's currently known projects:
Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:28 PM   #6
DEATH eVADER

The two dreams when Max is on a drug trip

"Your in a graphic novel"
and
"Your in a computer game, Max!"

Quote:
I look worse than the Grim Reaper's passport photo
DEATH eVADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
johnadaniels

Good memory guys, the piano, dreams and "Captain Baseball Bat" were great.

They did such good detail in Max Payne 2 that even the bullet holes would be red and then fade as they cooled

Quote:
I wonder if AW will have anything similar, doesn't have to be of comedic value either.
I hope they include some funny content.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
TDNPeon

I can definately see a Twin Peaks parody on TV, or even a creepy radio show(the kind Vincent Price used to do) in Alan Wake.
TDNPeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #9
johnadaniels

Thats a good idea TDNPeon, and also maybe something like "Tales from the Darkside" or "Tales from the creept".
Old 06-19-2005, 01:20 AM   #10
The1wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadaniels
O, yes the TV shows were awesome. I always thought it would be so very cool if the game maker would allow us fans to submit a small show/video that could be played in the tvs.

That way you the developer would have a lot of very unique content. I would like to submit a little show or a commercial and see if it makes it into the game, kind of like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did.

Remedy just tell me what size and resolution and I will submit something cool and funny.
Good idea is best if you make a separate Thread to call the attention of the
Remedy developers, in here it is pearheps condemned to the oblivion.
The1wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 AM   #11
Escaler

Coolest moment? That's a tough one... I'll have to think about that one. The first "Address Unknown" episode in the first Max Payne or "The Void" episode in the same Payne. No... not the TV shows... I'm still thinking. I've got funniest moments... but I can't think of coolest moments. I guess it has to be the last part of "Part 3: Chapter 7: Clean-Up Duty" when all the killer suits and mercenaries come out of the security terminal. The music was superb... the adrenaline flowing... bullets going everywhere... absolutely cinematic. Another cool moment that deserves mention is when Alex gets shot in the subway (Another cinematic moment made almost perfect with the climax of the original theme playing). Those are my two cents.

"Mirrors are more fun than television."
Escaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #12
[HP]

Yes, remedy surprise us all, by the simplicity and yet the quality of they'r games!
The paxionate touch they put In they'r games is a leason yet to be learned by many GameDev companies worldwide!
Sometimes, making a game, even a mod, movie, any kind of multimedia content, Is not only "skills", you also have to "love" what you'r doing!

Now, on to the topic, my favourit moment on MP1 (It's hard to pick, I loved tho whole game) was the rooftops, all the envirnoment is just perfect!

Hélder Pinto
Portfolio ~ Blog
[HP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:19 PM   #13
TruB

i dont remember mp1 more then some moments.. like the dream with him holding a phone to his head and the next he holding gun "- max you are in a video game -the words made no sense" or something..

begins with the ending is cool too..

played maxpayne2, 5 times.. want more. need more... give me more.. please can i have some more..
TruB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #14
MentalSentinel

My favourite moments were the last two levels of the first one, where you're chasing Horne and she can't shut her big mouth. A lot of fun.

Second would probably be either Backstabbing Bastard or the Docks. Two extremely fun sections.
MentalSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #15
Okibi

One of my favorite moments is from Max Payne 2 when you're in the police station jail cells where Mona is being held and you get to listen in on the two mafia guys' "Whoa, that's f***ed up" conversation. I really enjoyed the voicework in that game.
Okibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 AM   #16
sidetwo

Formerly of Remedy, currently of awesome.

Yeah that's my favorite part as well.
sidetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:40 PM   #17
Oskira

pff too many to post!

-But the conversations between enemies and npcs were classic!
Oskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #18
wefmaster

Hey!
I really enjoy when Max is at the NYPD office... the whole office is really great designed!
And when Max comes into a subway parking area, and he has to go downstairs to the deepest floor... amazing stage!
And when you save a man and a sexy woman in a building where a flat is burning... the conversation between them, the man likes the woman but she appears not to like him... hahaha
wefmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 10:08 PM   #19
lite

Max Payne... I like the first few chapters ("The blood veins of N.Y. .) and those in the factory at Cold Steel.... but the best chapter is 'Backstabbing Bastard'
Last edited by lite; 08-20-2005 at 10:11 PM.
lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #20
edifice

I really liked the police station bit too, wefmaster! My favourite moment is when the wall falls around the door frame in MP. I laughed a lot, classic moment.
edifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #21
afs

In MP2, when you're in Vlads office, there's a piece of paper on the wall with a logo on it. Later, in the police station, Winterson has the same logo on a piece of paper that is for a school for the blind or whatever, and you get that cool moment of, "Hey, isn't her son blind?" Then, next to that paper is a drawing of a heart that say "Mom" on it. If you pay attention to these games, they'll reward you.

"But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie
afs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #22
PetriRMD

Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by afs
In MP2, when you're in Vlads office, there's a piece of paper on the wall with a logo on it. Later, in the police station, Winterson has the same logo on a piece of paper that is for a school for the blind or whatever, and you get that cool moment of, "Hey, isn't her son blind?" Then, next to that paper is a drawing of a heart that say "Mom" on it. If you pay attention to these games, they'll reward you.
Man, you guys pick up the smallest details. With both Max Payne's there's a lot of stuff that I thought people wouldn't ever notice, but that we wanted to put in, just well... because.

It's really nice to see that people see those small touches as well.
PetriRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #23
afs

Well, a lot of people down Max Payne, because the AI is scripted. Thus, the bad guys will do the same thing every time you play it. This, to me, makes it more cinematic. When I play, it doesn't feel like a game as much as it feels like a movie. But... interactive.

Anyway, the ragdoll physics and the little details like this and others (a Desert Eagal in Wodens manor?) make for interesting replay. That, and all the lines that have been burned into you memory (May I Introduce Max Payne. New Yorks finest, etc.)

And I'm sure you guys do the same thing as me, you'll save just before entering a room, kill everyone, load it up and kill 'em again. I've shot that guy off the window cleaners lift so many times. Or, in Max's apartment complex, there's two guys walking and one of them says "Let's just find the guy so we can off him and go home." You kill those two, then around the corner is a third guy who dies in slow-mo. I know I'm not the only one here who will kill that guy 4 or 5 times until the camera circles him, showing Max with an ingram unloading into him.

I mean, I've played Max Payne more than any other video game (including KotOR (big KotOR freak). So that must say something about the replay-ability.

I know I got real far off topic there, but I'm passionate. I play, therefore I am.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #24
Detective

Dick Justice :
If you watch the first TV in this level, then you will come across Dick
Justice. The interesting thing about it is that you will get to see a parody
of Max Payne 1. Dick Justice is, simply put, a parody made on the life of Max
Payne. In your first encounter with Dick Justice in this level, you will
witness the proceedings of the first level of Max Payne 1, where Dick
Justice, like Max Payne, loses his wife and then he decides to go after the
criminal underworld. Or?
Detective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #25
RTsa

I've played Max Payne 2 through probably about ten times from beginning to end. Most of those on the hardest difficulty, not that it's too hard.
Played Max Payne through a few times as well.

The coolest moment?
Spoiler:

In any case, the coolest moment for me is probably not while playing the game, it's something in the graphic novels. Probably some of the cool things Max or Mona says.
RTsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #26
remade

Hah ha,anyone remember wrestler Maxx Payne, who request 10 $ million and claim that Remedy has stolen his identity?
Not coolest moment ,but comical.
What happened,by the way,did he got any money?
I remember this wrestler only,because that lawsuit...

I hope Remedy is checked now,that noneone "Alan Wake" don't begun claiming money for Remedy...

Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.
remade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #27
afs

That wasn't funny.

And I think they settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #28
Onjoo

Favourite moment... hmmm.. Definitely the chapter where you are stuck with full size captain baseballbat boy (vinnie?) in a building to be ambushed by the not-so-friendly folks.

BTW : Check Captain Baseballbat boy episodes 1-3 @ youtube
Onjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 AM   #29
remade

Quote:
Originally Posted by afs View Post
That wasn't funny.

And I think they settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
No,it wasn't.I used wrong word.Better word is "ridiculous"

Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.
remade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #30
afs

Just read through all this again.

Some favorites of mine, that I'm surprised I didn't mention before, are the first and last levels in the fun house. The first when you play through as Max, and the last as Mona, going to save Max ("She came to get me through the fire"). There's no one to shoot. Not one enemy (except the environment, in the latter's case).

The second level in the fun house (sorry not good with names. Right after Mona breaks out of jail, right before the construction yard) was fun as well.

And in the first one, where you start a level with only a bat. That's genius.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:02 AM   #31
sdrawkcab

That Captain baseball bat episode was hilarious. Vinnie's voice work was on-point. Talk about comic relief.

Max Payne was truly an art. Damn I miss it. Think I'm gonna install it & go play right now! I think Remedy should win some kind of award or something!
sdrawkcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:18 AM   #32
afs

Well, Remedy didn't win too much, but Max Paye did.

Check it:

http://www.3drealms.com/max/awards.html

Old 06-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #33
Maddieman

Yeah but the awards go to Remedy -- the Bafta statue is on display in their office.

I like this award: "Best Innovation Destined for Overuse"
Maddieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #34
afs

"Don't argue semantics. Just let me have my pride."

Old 06-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #35
Maddieman

Okay, as you wish. It wasn't my intention to argue, just to clarify and contribute to your post. Perhaps it came out nitpicky.
Maddieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #36
afs

Nah... you're good.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #37
evil_dead_101

My favorite moments are in Max Payne where he dreams he's in a graphic novel and in a video game. Also the TV Shows and the Alternative Ending in MP 2.
evil_dead_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #38
neforpubI

Some great moments mentioned! My favourite has got to be in the first game in one of the lifts, there's some awful music playing. It started to annoy me so I shot the speaker. The speaker explodes, the music stops and Max says "Thank you". I thought it was a brilliant little edition from the developers.
neforpubI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #39
Anwar

one cool moment is when max has to clear off the first section in the hotel, then he has to take an elevator down and there u see three men playing cards. Before u take the elevator, if u just wait for them to come to you, the guys say to themselves " you go first,,... no you.. " it was fun.

another great moment was when max enters cold steel factory and find in a pc how the v-junkis had got into his home in the first chapter. at the end he says " the file was dated three years ago" .

And all the easter eggs were cool too.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote