Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Max Payne

Old 07-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Matt S

Playing Max Payne 2 for the first time

I played Max Payne 1 when it came out and liked it a lot; I bought part 2 when it came out, but never got around to playing it. With word that part 3 is coming, it got me in the mood....went back and replayed the original and am playing part 2 now.

Overall, I like the pacing of part 2 a bit more than 1.....the plot isnt as involved, but all in all, having a lot of fun with the more varied level design...!

I am now playing the level as Mona....quite surprising to not be Max Payne, but a welcome surprise!
Last edited by Matt S; 07-05-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Matt S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Dark

Re: Playing Max Payne 2 for the first time

Best game I've ever played Max Payne 2...

Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Zelda

Max Payne 2 ... what should I say about that ? "BEST" , "Memories" , "Masterwork"

Alan Wake , is that a dream ?
Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Halloween4

I liked Max Payne 2 but Max Payne 1 is far better gamming expieriance, & in fact Max Payne 2 was a bit of a flop when it came out & that's why Max Payne 3 has been a long time comming, & it's only comming now on the back of the recent movie.
Halloween4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Danzaiver

Max Payne 2 had a really weird plot, but the gameplay was awesome, and the noir, the sadness in Max words, were excellent.

Max Payne 1 is one of the best games for me. MP2 is also one of the best.

Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense
Danzaiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
Matt S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzaiver View Post
Max Payne 2 had a really weird plot, but the gameplay was awesome, and the noir, the sadness in Max words, were excellent.

Max Payne 1 is one of the best games for me. MP2 is also one of the best.
Yeah, I dig them both, but Mp2 has a different vibe that I am really digging...the level design is where I am happiest: its just more varied.......but they are both fun, bottom line!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #7
Demite

I think they're slightly different, but i seriously digged MP2. MP1 on the other hand was infact incredible, and created this incredibly powerful vibe, theme and setting. So i'm in love with both.

But i do envy you Matt S and your more fresh outlook on the game. My would i love to relive the first play of MP2...
Demite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
Matt S

I hear you, Demite....I often wish I could re-experience that 'first time' for a lot of things....when I played Silent Hill 2 for the first time, I knew it was special....even if others dont dig it the same way, you feel it for yourself...
Old 07-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
Galactus

Max Payne 2 is the best action game ever.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Paincake

I think you will still enjoy it perfectly fine. Definitely play it!
Paincake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
shorty

When i bought MGS4 - I loved it. But after playing ca half of it i suddently fealt like playing Max Payne. So i actually ditched MGS4 to play a 7 year old game. (At that time) It makes you think. Remedy makes great games that stays untouched by time.
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
One Eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
I hear you, Demite....I often wish I could re-experience that 'first time' for a lot of things....when I played Silent Hill 2 for the first time, I knew it was special....even if others dont dig it the same way, you feel it for yourself...
When I first played Silent Hill 2, I was expecting a horror game with lots of scares and when I didn't get that, I didn't like it.
I went back a year later after getting into David Lynch and such and suddenly realized I had the greatest game of all time lying around in my room for a year.
Man, was I stupid in 2001.

Just for that, I wish I could go back and play it properly for the first time.

Open up the broken cup
Let goodly sin and sunshine in
One Eyed Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
Matt S

Well, just finished Max Payne 2 for the first time, and all-in-all, I found it to be a worthy successor to MP1....I did get the 'Mona dies' ending...

Personally, I liked the story quite a bit. Vlad being the bad guy seemed a natural progression to the conclusion of game 1....
Old 07-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
cubezero

Max Payne 2 is one of the best video games ever created. It has the best plot of any videogame ever released, in my opinion. I have yet to find a more involving or emotional experience. Don't get me wrong, the first was good, but it seemed like it didn't take itself seriously in a sense (the way it referenced John Woo and other action films, some of the dialogue and characters, etc.) but the second was dead serious and realistic.

...said the pistol to the head.
cubezero is offline   Reply With Quote