Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > General > Other Gaming

Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #121
JTX

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

First skyrim review - 95

http://gamingeverything.com/11519/fi...-skyrim-is-in/

Gaming magazine “Atomic” has provided the first verdict of Bethesda’s “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” in an exclusive review. It seems that the title has lived up to expectations – the Australian publication awarded Bethesda’s highly-anticipated RPG with a 95% score.

Breaking things down, Skyrim earned a 97% score for gameplay (“Something for every style of play.”), 92% for graphics (“The game’s environments are amazing.”), 95% for sound (“Sounds so real that you’ll flinch.”), and 95% for the “overall” category. To conclude, Atomic said, “Start stockpiling holiday time – you’ll want to play a lot of this game.”

The review is rather lengthy, but be on the lookout for more details and images.
JTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #122
Killie Lad

http://www.velocitygamer.com/pt/This...table/blog.htm
Killie Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #123
JTX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0...e_gdata_player
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #124
Danzaiver

IGN Review 9.5

The game is awesome but like always there are some bugs like random freezing and crazy animations, like mammoths falling from the sky

Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense
Danzaiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #125
JTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzaiver View Post
IGN Review 9.5

The game is awesome but like always there are some bugs like random freezing and crazy animations, like mammoths falling from the sky
Can't wait hopefully there's some good rdr style bugs. Wish they would of left in the chicken that snitches on you to the guards.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #126
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

I shall not touch any game-related content before I get this game. Those 23 first minutes that were leaked week and a half ago did not budge me! I shall stay fast!

Not even a peek gentlemen, if you want the full immersion to work on you, whatever Yoggibear is going to say.

We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be
Zhinarkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #127
Danzaiver

So, are you guys having any issues with the game? I'm reading a couple of people having random problems on the 360 and pc

Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense
Danzaiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #128
JTX

Damn this game is epic. Can't wait to really dive into it when I'm off work.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #129
Taken634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzaiver View Post
IGN Review 9.5

My friend..some glitches were MEANT to happen.

Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Taken634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #130
Morry

Volunteer Moderator

I'm just too busy these days to launch in to an Elder Scrolls game on release date. I'll probably wait for the inevitable Game of the Year edition.

Remedy's currently known projects:
Quantum Break - 2015
Agents of Storm - 2014
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #131
dalegt4

i definately shall be getting the game, but waiting for christmas for it.

as for bugs on the 360 i hear they need a patch as for some reason especially when installing to the HDD the 360 loses the hi-res textures and it looks awefull.

but then apparently when not installed this doesnt appear to affect so much.. at least they are fixing it though and it does look superb to play
dalegt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #132
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Works brilliantly and looks amazing well even on low settings. Many things have been improved, I can tell. All and all it just feels... More believable than Oblivion in many ways.

I am so hooked!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #133
MikkiRMD

Remedy

Loving it.
MikkiRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #134
WakeLestat360

Skyrim it's just the best game of this generation. Bethesda is AWESOME.

Chelsea Football Club - CFC' GO BLUES!
WakeLestat360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #135
Kitt

Volunteer Moderator

Waited two years for Uncharted 3; didn't care about Skyrim until a week before release.

Skyrim outdoes Uncharted- and I'm a pretty darn big Uncharted fan. Dragons deliver!

<---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!
Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #136
Pickman

This game is very time consuming. I like how sudden the dragons sometime appear.
Oblivion was ok, but this is on a whole new level of awesome.

DOVAHKIIN !!!!!
Pickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #137
Taken634

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
Skyrim it's just the best game of this generation. Bethesda is AWESOME.
I wouldn't call it the BEST game of this generation, but its definitely one of the better ones. I mean, this game has some very noticeable flaws, but its still incredible.

Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #138
dalegt4

to be fair what games dont nowadays, especially the large games, take Dead Island for example, even though it has many man many flaws and bugs, i still think its a massively great game to play.

i am so gutted that i havent got Skyrim yet!

went around the shops today and everyone has sold out that i went to see.

oh well christmas is only around the corner so i will get it then, the new advert i saw today looked totally stunning fighting the dragon etc.

cant wait to play it
dalegt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #139
Mirror Peak

http://kotaku.com/5861221/hooray-now...kids-in-skyrim

I thought it was pretty funny that people got so angry because you couldn't kill children.
Mirror Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #140
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Skyrim has some very surprising aspects on realism. How refreshing! I'm not saying it's a "simulator"(simulation of fantasy in it's self is questionable claim), but it does make some very honest things with it's society and world. I like these little things, because it makes all the persons feel more human, and it makes you a better or stronger character, from the roleplaying point of view.

Alas, that has never been the major concentration in video and computer roleplaying games. There are some exceptions, but generally, it is just about gathering points and getting better at what you do.

Even though it is definitely a big part of it, being a game after all, it still doesn't really have anything to do with the idea of being in a role. Oh well, I guess I should not go there, I'm just going to drag a whole set of claims and accusations what's roleplaying and what's not, and that would be a too long discussion. My opinions about it are far from the general public opinion it seems.

Whatever, the game is great and I enjoy it to the fullest. I am probably going to sink in 200h if I can. Explore EVERY possibility and angle, we'll see...

Old 11-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #141
Kahr

Volunteer Moderator

I'm in my first playthrough of the game. I'll most likely throw in another, but I don't think I'll throw in more than two playthroughs. My girlfriend is playing it too now though, so I guess that counts as a third?

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"
Kahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #142
yogibbear

Will wait for some decent patches then consider getting it... at the moment it's $90 USD on steam for aussies.... so I'd probably be importing it for more like $40 USD as well. GOTY edition probably will come out some time next year when I might have time to play it anyway.

So far it sounds like all of my pre-release criticism is true.... The Witcher 2 is the better RPG of 2011, but they're both high quality titles with completely different takes on how to do a cRPG. If anything, people should play both and enjoy both for their completely different styles.

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!
yogibbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #143
Zhinarkos

Volunteer Moderator

Funny how you still end up being more or less right about this game Yogi. Then again, those things that are lacking in Skyrim don't bother me that much.

I am also going to get Witcher 2 at some point, if anything, when I get a new graphic card, but right now, I do not see much point. I find that they do complement each others nicely, and if one is an rpg game fanatic(on a device such as console or pc that is) then those games must be a nice combination of some of the best elements of console/computer rpg out there right now.

My time for playing is limited as it is, so it will all be consumed to Skyrim more or less, for now.

I'm still on lvl 14 and barely scratched the surface on Skyrim. Just had an assassination attempt on me today, and bought a house. I can only imagine all the possibilities..

Old 11-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #144
Taken634

Well, just as I thought there was a shred of hope left for my social life, I figured out how to get into the Dark Brotherhood. JESUS CHRIST HOW MANY QUESTS ARE THERE IN THIS GAME.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #145
JTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken634 View Post
Well, just as I thought there was a shred of hope left for my social life, I figured out how to get into the Dark Brotherhood. JESUS CHRIST HOW MANY QUESTS ARE THERE IN THIS GAME.
I've only finished the thieves guild and the companions (not counting their small time jobs). Now I'm starting up the story missions again while sprinkling in some college classes here and there. Really hoping I can get into the dark brotherhood soon...I guess I'll just start killing innocent people tomorrow and hope the brotherhood contacts me.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #146
Taken634

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTX View Post
I've only finished the thieves guild and the companions (not counting their small time jobs). Now I'm starting up the story missions again while sprinkling in some college classes here and there. Really hoping I can get into the dark brotherhood soon...I guess I'll just start killing innocent people tomorrow and hope the brotherhood contacts me.
It doesn't work like that now. Go to the Artino Residence in Windhelm and undertake the quest given inside.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #147
Killie Lad

Just started at first it looked very ps2ish and everything was so damn bright but as ive gone on it looks great and i'm really enjoying it especially the magic
Last edited by Killie Lad; 11-23-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Killie Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #148
JTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken634 View Post
It doesn't work like that now. Go to the Artino Residence in Windhelm and undertake the quest given inside.
Cool thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #149
thebestbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-XcjDJ4rbw
thebestbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #150
Harry Lime

Skyrim patch 1.4

Can't get my PS3 online directly. Is there any way to download the patch to USB?

"Do you know what your sin is?"
"Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #151
djshauny1

Re: Skyrim patch 1.4

Not that i know of mate.
djshauny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #152
Dusk Golem

Volunteer Moderator

Merged the topic about the Skyrim 1.4 patch update with the Skyrim topic.

Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Dusk Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #153
Vane

For those who may be interested, I'm relating the adventures of my argonian in Skyrim. Ok, it's in French but maybe Google Translation is not that bad... I don't know, you'll tell me .

11 diaries so far. Here is the 1st one.

Enjoy
Vane is offline   Reply With Quote