Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Death Rally

Old 04-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #1
Jymn
Keeps kicking me out

I just bought this game because of the reviews but it will not work. The first time I got the splash screen and then it kicked me out. I clicked on death rally again, the game opened, ran through the video where it says "produced by" and as soon as I tried to drive the car, it kicked me out again. Now I can't even get that far.

I'm running 4.3 on the original iPad. Any ideas? Kinda frustrating as I just spent $2.99 and get nothing. Figured I'd come here first instead of just leaving a poor review and deleting.

Thanks for any help.
Jymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
MarkusRMD

Remedy
Re: Keeps kicking me out

Hey, I've seen this behavior on some devices that have been "running" for ages. It's basically a low memory condition, and yes, Death Rally uses more memory than your typical iOS game due to the visuals.

Can you try to first kill some background processes, and if that doesn't help then perhaps try fully restarting the iPad. This helped on my 3GS that had been on for ages.

We will try to improve the behavior in low memory situations in the future. Sorry about the inconvenience.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
Jymn

Closed all of the open apps (there were 98) and then reset iPad. Is working great now. Thanks!!!
Jymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
MarkusRMD

Remedy

Glad to hear it helped. Yeah, DR is really pushing the limits you can do with the 256M devices (iPad and iPhone 3GS). We're trying to come up with a better solution (can't optimize all memory use away) but so far nothing has surfaced except to pop up a warning text. It's an annoying problem for us as developers.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote