Go Back   Remedy Community Forums > Games > Death Rally

Old 08-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Pax Mayne

multiplayer is broken?

Subject - topic's title.
Before today I've tried to find anyone on DTHRALLY, but it failed all the time, well, maybe no one playing, ok...
But now I've tried to play with my friend and it ended up in total nothing... Why?
Steps:
1) I activated ONLINE
2) Activated my channel
3) Entered FRIENDS map, and nothing... No one can be found...
After that I tried to connect to his channel - still - nothing
We've tried to set graphics to LOW, and still total zero response
What's wrong with MP? Or are we doing smth wrong?
Pax Mayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
MarkusRMD

Remedy
Re: multiplayer is broken?

@PatricRMD is reading these forums and the team is still looking at any clear issues to fix. I'm not a DR Steam MP expert.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Patric

Remedy

We need to look into this, but it's the first time I hear of such problems.

If both you and your friend enter the same Game Channel name, turn it on in the settings, and select the Game Channel race (far right) about the same time, you should be connected to a private game with just the two of you and some bots filling up the race.

If the public tracks are empty of players, you can also go to any of the other online races. If you join about the same time +/- 10 seconds, you should be connected to the same race.

On the launch day, the game version did some match making errors and you only got into a game every second attempt. In the next few days, when we had a higher load of gamers to test with, we managed to get the match making working close to 100%. Latest yesterday we had an online session here at the office and hunted each other and some other awesome gamers that happened to be online. All worked flawlessly.
Patric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
Pax Mayne

Hmm, will try to play in private soon.
I managed to play several races online, but when it comes to play via a channel - it stuck
But nevertheless - ty for an answer.

PS. And any info about that - http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=9130
Lots of ppl would like to have the ability.
Pax Mayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
slammy

Hello, I am having the same problem. I tried to play with a friend, we tried entering the same channel, and didn't find each other. He is geographically far away if that matters. We also tried going to the same map in MP and that didn't work either.
slammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
jester131

Haven't figured out how to find any players in this game yet. If somebody wants to try and play this game with me online, my steam nick is "Jester131"

If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION
jester131 is offline   Reply With Quote