Emerson Taken, in American Nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson Taken, in American Nightmare

I am not sure if you have noticed, but one of the taken from American Nightmare closely resemble the video game programmer patient at the Hartmann's clinic. In fact I am sure that they are one and the same.

I found a picture from a website that also mentions the same.

Anyone knows what is the story behind this? Is it simply an unused enemy from the original Alan Wake? (With recolored textures) I am quite a bit of an Alan Wake freak so instantly noticed the similarity. If anyone knows the story behind it please explain.

Re: Emerson Taken, in American Nightmare

Never noticed this myself, but this is pretty intresting
    Im curious about it aswell, but they probably just used him because they already had him so it was quick, easy, amd efficient
    Not many have noticed this i think

Comment

Huh! Guess he did turn out to be a "real bad dream, Mister".

Nice catch, MrShadow!
      The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

There's no real story behind this, other than we wanted visual enemy variety, and that was a character model we could turn into a Taken without too much work involved. AWAN was a pretty quick project, so we tried to work as efficiently as possible, and taking an existing character model most people would never recognize (because of the color palette changes and the Taken effect) was a good way to do that.

So, to be clear, that's not intended to be Emerson in American Nightmare, it's just a generic Taken, albeit one using Emerson's (slightly modified) character model.
        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

AWAN reused a lot of AW2 prototype assets as well

They reused the tumbleweed as well.
          There's probably more but I got distracted by the game
          The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Yeah, we reused as much from the demo as we could; the work had already gone into creating those assets, after all. Might as well get some real use out of them. =)
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
              Yeah, we reused as much from the demo as we could; the work had already gone into creating those assets, after all. Might as well get some real use out of them. =)
              AW2 sounds better
              Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Working...
              X