Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

The reason I ask this and why I think it deserves a separate thread is because, even if the distribution way is the same, there are LOTS of difference between them and if it doesn't directly affect the final product QUALITY it certainly affects the EXPERIENCE.

Live Arcade:
    2Gb max
    200 Gamerscore points
    Maximum 2 DLC with 25 gamerscore points each (don't know if this one persists)

Games on Demand:
    No size limit
    1000 Gamerscore points
    No DLC limits but only 750 additional gamerscore points can be added

Are there any other limitations?

And I do mean it affects the experience. Achievements are something that really gave Alan Wake a replay value. Unless it's a reaaaaaaaally short game, if you'd split 200 points on a full game, you'd almost reach the 200's when finishing it, which is kinda boring!

So, Remedy, is the new Alan Wake's American Nightmare an Xbox Live Arcade (like Limbo, Shadow Complex, 'Xplosion Man) or a Game on Demand through Xbox Live, like Crysis, Resident Evil 4, so on?

Re: American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

It's an XBLA game.

That said, I think we're kind of pushing the envelope of what that means. I'd love to talk about it a little more, but as I've said before, we've got a whole lot of information coming out soon (we've been doing lot of interviews...), and I don't want to steal anybody's thunder here. =) You'll hear a lot more very soon.
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Can't wait for more infos.

The problem with a XBA version: no collector! . I'm glad for the reception of the trailer during the VGA. It's a good com' for this ip. Alan Wake season 1 is unkown in France. I hope Microsoft will communicate more and better this time.

Comment

Its obviously a Game on Demand title as the price point can be set higher & more achievements than XBLA means more buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by PC Gamer View Post
          Its obviously a Game on Demand title as the price point can be set higher & more achievements than XBLA means more buyers.
          As mentioned above, it's XBLA, not Game on Demand.
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by PC Gamer View Post
            Ehum, Mikki just wrote above you that it'll be an XBLA. Also at the end of the trailer (on Vimeo) it says XBLA.
            This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

Sounds to me like they're going to make it episodic; release one episode every three months or so. 800/1200 MSpoints for each. If you're worried about gamerscore, then this would mean that the gamerscore could be even more than 1000 points when all episodes are released.

I hope this isn't the case though.

Comment

Id prefer it to be XBLA. Cause the price tag Microsoft put on GoD games is a bomb.

Plus you can go further than 250G on XBLA but only in rare occasions.

Comment

...it's still an XBLA game. =)
                  Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Can't wait to see what the team creates! I for one love XBLA and its many gems. The fact that this title doesn't seem to fit the mold of what a typical XBLA downloadable title is gets me excited as hell.
                    Listen to Tera Melos - Patagonian Rats

Comment

With the new dashboard there's actually not that much difference how they're displayed. Just some things required of the games are different. Like you have to have leaderboards in an XBLA title.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                        With the new dashboard there's actually not that much difference how they're displayed. Just some things required of the games are different. Like you have to have leaderboards in an XBLA title.
                        Which is why there is a wave-based survival mode, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Prof.Dr.Moertel View Post
                          Which is why there is a wave-based survival mode, right?
                          Well, that, and it's a lot of fun. That also had a little something to do with it.

Comment

^^^ Thats screaming for multiplayer IMO but only if it has no negative effect on the effort put into the single player story.
                            Team Yu
                            https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                            http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                              Isn't that kind of stupid? Why require developers to add a leaderboard when they can make games (like story-based games) that normally doesn't fit leaderboard-based gameplay and certainly wouldn't need a part like that. Even if it turns out well in this case you could've saved a lot of money not having to develop the survival mode at all..

Comment

Working...
                              X