Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

We would have had the Fight Til Dawn mode even if there was no leaderboard functionality available on Xbox LIVE, simply because it's a lot of fun and it definitely adds replay value. It doesn't really have anything to do with the leaderboard as such.

When it comes down to it, a leaderboard is just a way to track and compare statistics. You could, for example, have a leaderboard for displaying level completion times (speed runs, anyone?). Or anything, really. And it's something that is ridiculously easy to ignore if you're not into it, but please bear in mind we already tracked some statistics in the original Alan Wake (although we didn't use Xbox LIVE's Leaderboard functionality for that), and clearly some people thought it was fun to compare those statistics, despite enjoying a story-driven game -- we've had a couple of threads here on our forum about it.
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Yeah, Fight Till Dawn is a ridiculous amount of fun!

Comment

Very excited for Fight Til Dawn!

I'm curious, will interviews with Remedy about Alan Wake's American Nightmare be posted to this website when they are released? It seems like an easy way to keep track of all new American Nightmare info that I so desperately need.
        Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

Hey JakeBloom,

We'll probably create a separate thread for all the AWAN media coverage or something -- but however you do it, I'm sure you'll find links to everything here; if there's something we don't spot, I'm sure the fans will. They're pretty good about that sort of thing. =)
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

You can't say whether or not it's just single player at the moment?

Either way, I'm fairly pumped for it. But, there's no way it's going to eclipse my excitement for the campaign.
            No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
              Hey JakeBloom,

We'll probably create a separate thread for all the AWAN media coverage or something -- but however you do it, I'm sure you'll find links to everything here; if there's something we don't spot, I'm sure the fans will. They're pretty good about that sort of thing. =)
              Great! Can't wait for the news to surface
              Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

We would have had the Fight Til Dawn mode even if there was no leaderboard functionality available on Xbox LIVE, simply because it's a lot of fun and it definitely adds replay value. It doesn't really have anything to do with the leaderboard as such.

When it comes down to it, a leaderboard is just a way to track and compare statistics. You could, for example, have a leaderboard for displaying level completion times (speed runs, anyone?). Or anything, really. And it's something that is ridiculously easy to ignore if you're not into it, but please bear in mind we already tracked some statistics in the original Alan Wake (although we didn't use Xbox LIVE's Leaderboard functionality for that), and clearly some people thought it was fun to compare those statistics, despite enjoying a story-driven game -- we've had a couple of threads here on our forum about it.
                good to hear you decide on the features from an entertainment perspective rather than demands from the platform

ok so maybe you considered it already for the original game at some point? either way i guess i am one of those that never plays the additional modes like this because they usually feel very pointless compared to the campaign, especially if there is no multiplayer. But if i'm among the few i guess its a good feature to have.

now, some kind of coop mode where you play a fun mini-story, that would have increased the value a lot for me. "alan and barry/sarah hunting in the woods ep 1 - 6"

Comment

Hey JakeBloom,

that would be great. we don't all have time to read all the posts in all the threads

Comment

Since this is XBLA does that mean that there will be a demo/trial version that you can UPGRADE to a full version?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Since this is XBLA does that mean that there will be a demo/trial version that you can UPGRADE to a full version?
                      One would assume, yes.

Hell, Dead Rising: Case Zero and Case West had a trial.

Comment

Looking forward to this. Will buy it day one and hopefully re-buy it later on for PC (assuming it gets ported).

Also, I don't know what compelled me to make this, but I just had to...
                        http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2...nnightmare.png
                        <Steam ID>

Comment

Originally posted by Louie82Y View Post
                          Whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            Yes, that's a requirement on all XBLA titles.

Originally posted by Louie82Y View Post
                            AAAAAAAAA

Comment

XBLA for the win. I have 280 arcade games. Awaiting this awesome Alan Wake game!

Games on Demand is good as well. More achievements!
                              Last edited by StarsRPD; 02-18-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

I'd like to ask the RMD peeps that... Do you guys have any plans to release AWAN to PC(Steam and Nordic Games)?
                                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Working...
                                X