Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

The reason I ask this and why I think it deserves a separate thread is because, even if the distribution way is the same, there are LOTS of difference between them and if it doesn't directly affect the final product QUALITY it certainly affects the EXPERIENCE.

Live Arcade:
    2Gb max
    200 Gamerscore points
    Maximum 2 DLC with 25 gamerscore points each (don't know if this one persists)

Games on Demand:
    No size limit
    1000 Gamerscore points
    No DLC limits but only 750 additional gamerscore points can be added

Are there any other limitations?

And I do mean it affects the experience. Achievements are something that really gave Alan Wake a replay value. Unless it's a reaaaaaaaally short game, if you'd split 200 points on a full game, you'd almost reach the 200's when finishing it, which is kinda boring!

So, Remedy, is the new Alan Wake's American Nightmare an Xbox Live Arcade (like Limbo, Shadow Complex, 'Xplosion Man) or a Game on Demand through Xbox Live, like Crysis, Resident Evil 4, so on?

• djshauny1
    replied
    Re: American's Nightmare: Live Arcade or Game on Demand?

Im fine with whatever.

Just happy to play great games regardless of platform they are on.

Leave a comment:

• The Dukenator
    replied

Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
    Sounds to me like they're going to make it episodic; release one episode every three months or so. 800/1200 MSpoints for each. If you're worried about gamerscore, then this would mean that the gamerscore could be even more than 1000 points when all episodes are released.

I hope this isn't the case though.
    Where did you hear that it was episodic? An game that I know, it was originally planned to be released in episodes, before deciding to releasing it all at once. It was DNMP from what I recall.
    Last edited by The Dukenator; 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TannosukeGR
    replied

I'd like to ask the RMD peeps that... Do you guys have any plans to release AWAN to PC(Steam and Nordic Games)?

Leave a comment:

• StarsRPD
    replied

XBLA for the win. I have 280 arcade games. Awaiting this awesome Alan Wake game!

Games on Demand is good as well. More achievements!
    Last edited by StarsRPD; 02-18-2012, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Since this is XBLA does that mean that there will be a demo/trial version that you can UPGRADE to a full version?
    Yes, that's a requirement on all XBLA titles.

Originally posted by Louie82Y View Post
    Also, I don't know what compelled me to make this, but I just had to...
    http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2...nnightmare.png
    AAAAAAAAA

Leave a comment:

• SeymourDuncan17
    replied

Originally posted by Louie82Y View Post
    Whoa.

Leave a comment:

• Louie82Y
    replied

Looking forward to this. Will buy it day one and hopefully re-buy it later on for PC (assuming it gets ported).

Leave a comment:

• SeymourDuncan17
    replied

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Since this is XBLA does that mean that there will be a demo/trial version that you can UPGRADE to a full version?
    One would assume, yes.

Hell, Dead Rising: Case Zero and Case West had a trial.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bennysce
    replied

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
    Hey JakeBloom,

We'll probably create a separate thread for all the AWAN media coverage or something -- but however you do it, I'm sure you'll find links to everything here; if there's something we don't spot, I'm sure the fans will. They're pretty good about that sort of thing. =)
    that would be great. we don't all have time to read all the posts in all the threads

Leave a comment:

• bennysce
    replied

We would have had the Fight Til Dawn mode even if there was no leaderboard functionality available on Xbox LIVE, simply because it's a lot of fun and it definitely adds replay value. It doesn't really have anything to do with the leaderboard as such.

When it comes down to it, a leaderboard is just a way to track and compare statistics. You could, for example, have a leaderboard for displaying level completion times (speed runs, anyone?). Or anything, really. And it's something that is ridiculously easy to ignore if you're not into it, but please bear in mind we already tracked some statistics in the original Alan Wake (although we didn't use Xbox LIVE's Leaderboard functionality for that), and clearly some people thought it was fun to compare those statistics, despite enjoying a story-driven game -- we've had a couple of threads here on our forum about it.
    good to hear you decide on the features from an entertainment perspective rather than demands from the platform

ok so maybe you considered it already for the original game at some point? either way i guess i am one of those that never plays the additional modes like this because they usually feel very pointless compared to the campaign, especially if there is no multiplayer. But if i'm among the few i guess its a good feature to have.

now, some kind of coop mode where you play a fun mini-story, that would have increased the value a lot for me. "alan and barry/sarah hunting in the woods ep 1 - 6"

Leave a comment:

• JakeBloom
    replied

Hey JakeBloom,

We'll probably create a separate thread for all the AWAN media coverage or something -- but however you do it, I'm sure you'll find links to everything here; if there's something we don't spot, I'm sure the fans will. They're pretty good about that sort of thing. =)
    Great! Can't wait for the news to surface

Leave a comment:

• SeymourDuncan17
    replied

You can't say whether or not it's just single player at the moment?

Either way, I'm fairly pumped for it. But, there's no way it's going to eclipse my excitement for the campaign.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

Hey JakeBloom,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X