Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

    Originally posted by Wane View Post
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN"
    Seriously, that's so immature and old. I hear it every single day on every single review that IGN makes. Come up with some original, will you? Why can't people just accept that everyone has different opinions. If the IGN reviewer felt like 8 was a good score, then so be it. It's his opinion. Saying this like that goes against the foundation of our society. In our worlds -- in modern-day Europe, North America and far-eastern Asia -- democracy rules. In dictatorships, people aren't allowed to freely express their opinion, but in a democratic county, everyone should be able to do so. Unfortunately, that's not the case. On other forums, I've expressed love for Dragon Age 2, and dislike for Halo. Whenever I do that, I get trolled and insulted. Because guess what, people aren't allowed to have their own opinion.

    Your unoriginal comment, which again is used every single day, goes against our belief. Move to China or North Korea, maybe there you'll be able to censor reviews and change the score to whatever you please.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

      Originally posted by Wane View Post
      "You can't spell ignorant without IGN"
      Mirrors are more fun than television.
      Verdict: MP1>MP3>MP2

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

        Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
        Anyone who thinks 8/10 is a bad score then, well, it just isnt.
        Score is fine, but review felt a bit nit picky.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

          Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
          Seriously, that's so immature and old. I hear it every single day on every single review that IGN makes. Come up with some original, will you? Why can't people just accept that everyone has different opinions. If the IGN reviewer felt like 8 was a good score, then so be it. It's his opinion. Saying this like that goes against the foundation of our society. In our worlds -- in modern-day Europe, North America and far-eastern Asia -- democracy rules. In dictatorships, people aren't allowed to freely express their opinion, but in a democratic county, everyone should be able to do so. Unfortunately, that's not the case. On other forums, I've expressed love for Dragon Age 2, and dislike for Halo. Whenever I do that, I get trolled and insulted. Because guess what, people aren't allowed to have their own opinion.

          Your unoriginal comment, which again is used every single day, goes against our belief. Move to China or North Korea, maybe there you'll be able to censor reviews and change the score to whatever you please.
          Welcome to the Internet.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

            Lonely, by exiling Wane to North Korea you'd be guilty of exactly what you're alleging.

            He didn't say IGN should be shut down, FFS, he just called them ignorant. You're a hypocrite. For someone who's such a fan of opinions, you sure don't like Wane's. You're the one who has trouble letting other people have opinions. You should learn how to disagree.
            Last edited by pnoozi; 02-19-2012, 02:28 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

              Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
              Seriously, that's so immature and old. I hear it every single day on every single review that IGN makes. Come up with some original, will you? Why can't people just accept that everyone has different opinions. If the IGN reviewer felt like 8 was a good score, then so be it. It's his opinion. Saying this like that goes against the foundation of our society. In our worlds -- in modern-day Europe, North America and far-eastern Asia -- democracy rules. In dictatorships, people aren't allowed to freely express their opinion, but in a democratic county, everyone should be able to do so. Unfortunately, that's not the case. On other forums, I've expressed love for Dragon Age 2, and dislike for Halo. Whenever I do that, I get trolled and insulted. Because guess what, people aren't allowed to have their own opinion.

              Your unoriginal comment, which again is used every single day, goes against our belief. Move to China or North Korea, maybe there you'll be able to censor reviews and change the score to whatever you please.
              Immature is the fact that Alan Wake,it's DLC's and American Nightmare are written by three different reviewers.Immature is the fact that this particular so called reviewer hasn;t finished The Writer because if he had, he would have understand why Alan is in a Nightsprings episode and why he hunts MrScratch.The things we're about to see in American Nightmare are the first Paragraph or CHapter of "The Departure"
              SHeeesh! I got that out of me.So I'm entirely against IGN on that...

              PS: I'm not getting mad at you but at the reviewer

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                Ooookay, let's not get sidetracked here, please.
                Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                  Originally posted by KoulisHHH View Post
                  Immature is the fact that Alan Wake,it's DLC's and American Nightmare are written by three different reviewers.Immature is the fact that this particular so called reviewer hasn;t finished The Writer because if he had, he would have understand why Alan is in a Nightsprings episode and why he hunts MrScratch.The things we're about to see in American Nightmare are the first Paragraph or CHapter of "The Departure"
                  SHeeesh! I got that out of me.So I'm entirely against IGN on that...

                  PS: I'm not getting mad at you but at the reviewer
                  I'm not trying to doubt you but how do you know he hasn't finished the writer?

                  If he hasn't then im 100% on ur side.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                    Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
                    Seriously, that's so immature and old. I hear it every single day on every single review that IGN makes. Come up with some original, will you? Why can't people just accept that everyone has different opinions. If the IGN reviewer felt like 8 was a good score, then so be it. It's his opinion. Saying this like that goes against the foundation of our society. In our worlds -- in modern-day Europe, North America and far-eastern Asia -- democracy rules. In dictatorships, people aren't allowed to freely express their opinion, but in a democratic county, everyone should be able to do so. Unfortunately, that's not the case. On other forums, I've expressed love for Dragon Age 2, and dislike for Halo. Whenever I do that, I get trolled and insulted. Because guess what, people aren't allowed to have their own opinion.

                    Your unoriginal comment, which again is used every single day, goes against our belief. Move to China or North Korea, maybe there you'll be able to censor reviews and change the score to whatever you please.
                    Well, it's a good thing there's not a dramatic overreactions filter here.

                    Edited to add: Who cares about reviews anyway? Is a less-than-stellar review going to prevent a single person here from getting AWAN?
                    Last edited by Fixit; 02-20-2012, 05:04 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                      2 days
                      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                        http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/20/al...htmare-review/

                        http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/al...re/review.html

                        http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tmare-review_7

                        Here's a few new reviews that have popped up on the internet recently.

                        EDIT: And another.

                        http://electronictheatre.co.uk/xbox3...ican-nightmare

                        Double Edit: And two others.

                        http://www.computerandvideogames.com...r-alan-review/

                        http://www.destructoid.com/review-al...e-222126.phtml
                        Last edited by Dusk Golem; 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM.
                        Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                          Im sooooooooooo ready for this!
                          Team Yu
                          https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                          http://facebook.com/TeamYu

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                            Thank you for posting the reviews! Looking forward to playing. I am excited for the new arcade style approach AN has taken...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                              2hr storyline does not bother me. Ill be looking for all the extra stuff.
                              Team Yu
                              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare reviews thread

                                Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                                2hr storyline does not bother me. Ill be looking for all the extra stuff.
                                In Kotaku's review the journalist say 8 hours to finish the story mode...

                                http://m.kotaku.com/5886570/alan-wak...-kotaku-review

                                Well I'm the kind of player who likes explosive and taking my time.

                                Destructoid and Kotaku's reviews really made my day. I just can't wait !
                                http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/pyramidhead/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X