Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doppelganger

Doppelganger-Is a German Word.

Do You think that Mr Scratch-Will Keep Trophies?.

Re: Doppelganger

...because Germans are into trophies...? I'm not sure I follow the logic here. =)
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Sorry I meant keep Trophies that are to do with Mr Scratch being a Serial Killer.

Comment

No, I get that, it's the first part that I don't understand, the doppelganger thing. Is that related to the next sentence somehow?
        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I think youcannotsee is wondering if Mr. Scratch holds onto something from his victims. Kind of like something you would see on a crime show where they are chasing a serial killer who keeps hands.lol.

Comment

Yeah, but why mentioned that Doppleganger is a German word?
            Time is the fire in which we burn

Comment

Originally posted by Penland View Post
              I think youcannotsee is wondering if Mr. Scratch holds onto something from his victims. Kind of like something you would see on a crime show where they are chasing a serial killer who keeps hands.lol.
              ...yes, I still get that part.

(He's not really the trophy type.)

Comment

Now I don't get what this thread is about at all! I speak german, I'm from austria, but what are you guys talking about here?!? Why should Scratchy keep trophies? What trophies?
                If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

Comment

Originally posted by jester131 View Post
                  Now I don't get what this thread is about at all! I speak german, I'm from austria, but what are you guys talking about here?!? Why should Scratchy keep trophies? What trophies?
                  Well, in American fiction, many serial killers often keep trophies, mementos, or keepsakes from their victims to remind them of the victims or so they can relive the kill. I don't know how often that happens in real life.

Thread is just odd cause the dude mentioned the Doppleganger bit for no reason.
                  Time is the fire in which we burn

Comment

Just think it was in reference to MS being AW's doppelganger.

Nothing more.

And for grins... cut-and-pasted from Wikipedia:

In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German "double walker") (pronounced [ˈdɔpəlˌɡɛŋɐ] ( listen)), or just duplicate, is a paranormal double of a living person, typically representing evil or misfortune. In modern vernacular, the word has come to refer to any double or look-alike of a person.

The word also is used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. Doppelgängers often are perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and are regarded by some to be harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death.

In Norse mythology, a vardøger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance. In Finnish mythology, this is called having an etiäinen, i.e., "a firstcomer". In Ancient Egyptian mythology, a ka was a tangible "spirit double" having the same memories and feeling as the original person. In one Egyptian myth titled "The Greek Princess," an Egyptian view of the Trojan War, a ka of Helen was used to mislead Paris of Troy, helping to stop the war. In some myths, the doppelgänger is a version of the Ankou, a personification of death.

Comment

AND!!!!!

Doppel. Sounds sorta like "waffle"

Which are tasty and goes great with coffee (in thermoses, so this is game related)

and when dry can become really hard and thrown at Taken like some sort of pastry-based Ninja star.

Comment

What the heck are you guys talking about?
                        Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

Per your gamer tag.... you only have 1120/1500 points. You should not be on this forum. You should be playing Alan Wake 360.

TO THE XBOX!!!!!!!!

(we are just riffing on the OP who posted the issue re: doppelgangers. just having fun)

Comment

Originally posted by ryamkajr View Post
                            AND!!!!!

Doppel. Sounds sorta like "waffle"

Which are tasty and goes great with coffee (in thermoses, so this is game related)

and when dry can become really hard and thrown at Taken like some sort of pastry-based Ninja star.
                            lol wut

Comment

They reckon You see a Doppelganger.When You are going to Die.

Comment

Working...
                              X