Live Action Cinematics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Action Cinematics

I've noticed in some of the recent previews of the game (Major Nelson's Minute, the recent dev diaries) that there appears to be a larger focus on Live Action cinematics in the game opposed to having pre-rendered CGI. In the previous game we kind of just had live action for the TV segments, will we see full live action HD cutscenes in this game?

Re: Live Action Cinematics

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    I've noticed in some of the recent previews of the game (Major Nelson's Minute, the recent dev diaries) that there appears to be a larger focus on Live Action cinematics in the game opposed to having pre-rendered CGI. In the previous game we kind of just had live action for the TV segments, will we see full live action HD cutscenes in this game?
    Yes, you will! =) We're playing all sorts of stylistic tricks with this one. There was also a practical element to it -- this was a much smaller project compared to Alan Wake, and doing full cinematics takes a looong time. (We have some of that in there as well -- you'll see how it plays out...) We probably wouldn't have gone with live action otherwise, but it just fit so well together with the whole "Night Springs episode" concept that it really seemed like a great fit.
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I love it. The guy that plays Alan's face in the FMV is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
        Yes, you will! =) We're playing all sorts of stylistic tricks with this one. There was also a practical element to it -- this was a much smaller project compared to Alan Wake, and doing full cinematics takes a looong time. (We have some of that in there as well -- you'll see how it plays out...) We probably wouldn't have gone with live action otherwise, but it just fit so well together with the whole "Night Springs episode" concept that it really seemed like a great fit.
        I like it. It does fit with the feeling for a Night Springs episode, and I hope to enjoy Mr. Scratch's FMV crazyness. He's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
          Hi Mikki, while we're at it, I would like to ask you something, I've thinking a lot of since AW: I'm talking about the whole thing with having different layers of narration in the game, e.g. different time periods (New York/Bright Falls) or - and thats the point I'm driving at - the writer from outside being inside and part of his own narration. In my opinion, one way to mark this different layers (inside vs. outside for exampel) for the audience is, e.g., to change the medium from gamevisual to live action, cause it's an stylistic breach and attracts attention to that different layers. I would just like to know, if this is something you guys think of and use, while you create the game around the story? I hope, I could express myself comprehensible, cause I'm just not familiar with talking about this things in englisch

Comment

I'm not quite sure if I understand your question properly, but yeah, we absolutely think about things like that.
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Thx for your answer It's just, that, if I concern myself with literature, I really love, if things don't just ends up in themselves but also haves relevance for the narration.

Comment

Working...
              X