Alan Wake's American Nightmare FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake's American Nightmare FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Just wanted to start a thread with our first impressions of buying the game, loading it up, seeing it in game for the first bit... it's always fun to say what you first thought and how you felt.

Going to go and wait for it... then bed if it doesn't pop up soon.

See you guys later!

Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare FIRST IMPRESSIONs

I'm loving it. My initial thoughts about the game were right too, and I'm happy about that. So many are afraid that it would be too action oriented and leave story behind - I don't feel like that at all! I'm a huge fan of story driven games (to the point where everything else becomes less important), and I am absolutely loving it so far. I don't know how far into the game I've come, but it's not too far, and I'm eager to just consume more and more of it.

AWAN is already hit in my eyes.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I'm loving it, too. I wish I had more time to play it, I have to study and my internet connection is disconnecting all the time so it is getting on my nerves!!
      What the Helheim?

Comment

I'm currently mid-game (story mode) and I'm enjoying the plot immensely, the game as whole is pretty good. However, I just had a confrontation with about eight or ten Taken and the framerate was terrible, it dropped to about two or three frames a second, aiming was almost impossible. Anyone else had that happen to them? It's the first encounter I've had with so many Taken, I hope the framerate issue isn't going to be a regular occurrence because it seriously hampered the proceedings (and my enjoyment).
        Last edited by Spong; 02-22-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Two or three frames a second? If we had frame rates like that, we wouldn't even pass certification. I'm serious -- if that's really what you're getting, I think you might have a hardware problem.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by Spong View Post
            I'm currently mid-game (story mode) and I'm enjoying the plot immensely, the game as whole is pretty good. However, I just had a confrontation with about eight or ten Taken and the framerate was terrible, it dropped to about two or three frames a second, aiming was almost impossible. Anyone else had that happen to them? It's the first encounter I've had with so many Taken, I hope that's not going to be a regular occurrence because it seriously hampered the proceedings (and my enjoyment).
            What VSync setting do you have on?

Comment

Had no framerate issues. Well worth the money so far and good to have more Wake.
              Team Yu
              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by Wane View Post
                What VSync setting do you have on?
                Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It's set to 'Smart'.

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                Two or three frames a second? If we had frame rates like that, we wouldn't even pass certification. I'm serious -- if that's really what you're getting, I think you might have a hardware problem.
                I hope it isn't a hardware problem, I had a brand new Xbox (Elite) given to me by MS after the Dashboard preview late last year bricked my old console.

The framerate really was bad though, it lasted until I'd despatched most of the Taken.

Comment

Sure it was framrate issues and not just you doing the dodge all the time?
                  Team Yu

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                    Sure it was framrate issues and not just you doing the dodge all the time?
                    LOL, no it wasn't that, the dodge isn't a move I get to use all that often to be honest.

Comment

Clearing the memory cache may help, but it will also clear out all software update.

Comment

Hopefully it was just a one-off glitch, just one of those things. I'm hesitant to clear my cache, I've had an ongoing problem with MS about a license transfer screw up when they exchanged my 360 (which has now been resolved), and over the last couple of months they made me clear my cache three times. It's a nightmare having to re-download all the title updates for my games

Comment

Do i like American Nightmare? why

I do.
                          Team Yu

Comment

Im only on Demo at mo but I think its brilliant but you need the brightness right down otherwise the graphics dont look too cool.
                            I like the way you can run for longer but I dont like the way the torch doesn't focus on the enemy straight away.
                            I fancy the woman mechanic at the Motel and there is a page of the manuscript in one of the rooms which you cant enter but its all lit up on the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by eskimosound View Post
                              Im only on Demo at mo but I think its brilliant but you need the brightness right down otherwise the graphics dont look too cool.
                              I like the way you can run for longer but I dont like the way the torch doesn't focus on the enemy straight away.
                              I fancy the woman mechanic at the Motel and there is a page of the manuscript in one of the rooms which you cant enter but its all lit up on the bed.
                              Too much info

Comment

Working...
                              X