Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Out now for Xbox Live Arcade!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Out now for Xbox Live Arcade!

does anyone know were the appreance of mr scratch manuscript is i have been looking all around the rest stop for hours now and i cant find it DX

Comment

I belive some only appear later in the game?
      Team Yu
      https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
      http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Just got all the manuscript pages... that was a LOT easier than the original!
        Last edited by JakeBloom; 02-22-2012, 11:30 PM.
        Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

loving the game made it the Drive in so far

Comment

From Rockstars Newswire.

“Rockstar, if I may ask, what is the relationship like between you and Remedy?” – received via Mouthoff

Remedy are great long-time friends of ours - they may be an external development studio not part of the internal Rockstar system, but we’ve always loved what they create, and their passion for games, and feel a certain kinship in that they are a studio not afraid of creating original and unique story-driven game experiences very different from the norm. We admire and respect all game makers who stick to their guns and make interesting and original games, and in particular ones like Remedy that we’ve had the pleasure to work with ourselves and know to be good guys as well. As creators of the Max Payne series, we’ve been honored to have them directly involved with us in the making of Max Payne 3 and at the same time, it’s been a thrill to be in the loop along the way seeing what they’re up to with Alan Wake and the new American Nightmare release coming out. If you’ve never checked that game out, we definitely recommend having a look.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...-and-more.html

Comment

Interesting how this has (to some degree) an open world vibe, though the game will transport you to another location without warning. Got to the Observatory before checking all the motel rooms for example
              Looking forward to more Alan Wake

Comment

I love AWAN! Beat the game (story mode). bought it on the spot. got all the pages too. missed one radio though lol. but besides that I think it was great and hope to see more in the future. Alan Wake 2 should be twice as awesome.
                HAtCHEt MEDiA Productions - Where entertainment just got weirder

Comment

[SPOILERS]

Personally I think the Main Story felt at least as long as the Main Story in AW1, tough it isn't. I guess it's just the loop-trap making me imagine stuff.
                  This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

Will contain Story Spoilers

Team Yu
                    https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                    http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Probably already asked but; why no choice for difficulty? I'm used to play Alan Wake in Nightmare mode, so American Nightmare is really easy for me. It's a shame to indroduce new ennemies.

However I appreciate the game, this episod of Twilight Zone . I'm ready for another!

Comment

I bought it without playing the demo and played it trough in two days. Better play the game first before you continue to read my post. Be aware of *Spoilers*.

My first impression was Oh, nice real-life footage and the cut from the this sequence to the game blew me away. The graphics looked a good bit improved. I was fascinated by the open-world-style the levels worked.

But it came the point from which the game disappointed me a lot and that was when *Danger: Spoiler* the time interloop was presented and when I saw that the game was not that open-constructed as i first thougt. The idea of this time interloop is a good one of a story-standpoint, but a horrable one to the overall gamplay tone. It never bothered me that the gameplay of Alan Wake could be called repetitive if there wasn´t the story-relevant breakouts from this gameplay scheme like *Caution: Spoiler* when you awake on the Doc´s lodge or when you drive a car or solve a little puzzle. But the scheme where suddenly a bunch of Taken are presented through a genius hollywood-like camera angle and you take them out, move on and this repeats itself is not bad, cause i like the way the torchlight powers up with that uncomparable sound effect and that outstand way the dark kind of shield gets distroyed and the killed Taken are blown to pieces of light make every encounter a hypnotic and addicting experience. However there are not enough surprises in the gameplay and the encounters in AW:AN and that really disappointed me. But I love every manuscript page and everything that was reveled about the whareabouts of Alice and Barry and what they do now and how they coped with the situation of Alan´s disappearance. And that was the reason for me to buy it, the story. The new weapons are a well-received addition as well as the arcade mode that makes me nervous but which i like.

Comment

Working...
                        X