I can't even fathom those top scores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't even fathom those top scores

The best I've gotten is 60800 on Ghost Town, granted I've played Fight Til Dawn a total of 6 times but still, those scores are unreal! How am I supposed to challenge that?

Re: I can't even fathom those top scores

It's crazy the scores that some people can get. I played Cemetary about 10 times last night trying to get a decent score - my best was 78 000 (Firewarrior32, 10th place when I left), but that was only for the first map, and the highest score was over 100000!

What I've found is key to getting the best possible score, is remaining un-hit for as long as possible while taking out as many enemies as possible as quickly as possible. The best I've done is about 7 minutes undamaged with 69 kills. There are people who will have lasted the whole 10 minutes undamaged, of course, and with more kills.

Just keep at it, I reckon. That's what I'm going to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Saracenar View Post
      It's crazy the scores that some people can get. I played Cemetary about 10 times last night trying to get a decent score - my best was 78 000 (Firewarrior32, 10th place when I left), but that was only for the first map, and the highest score was over 100000!

What I've found is key to getting the best possible score, is remaining un-hit for as long as possible while taking out as many enemies as possible as quickly as possible. The best I've done is about 7 minutes undamaged with 69 kills. There are people who will have lasted the whole 10 minutes undamaged, of course, and with more kills.

Just keep at it, I reckon. That's what I'm going to do!
      I was just so happy when I left for class this morning and my Ghost Town score was #9! Now it's around #100 :S

I have trouble dealing with enemies surrounding me, even though I play Alan Wake a lot I never was good at dodging enemies effectively.

Comment

I am surprised at how good my reaction skills are. Sometimes I won't even be able to see a Taken, I'll get this feeling and tap Dodge, and it goes slow motion as one tries to slash me in the back.

I've memorised the locations of the Flares on the map, so I have them for those exact situations. The strategy I've developed (and this is only for Cemetery as it is the only map I've played on), is to keep moving but always watch my back.

I'm really glad that Alan turns his head in the direction of the nearest enemy regardless of which way the camera is facing - its a great way to keep track of where the biggest threats are.

My score is probably in the #100s now too...

Comment

Also, it seems as though every time I get on a great streak and start to get comfy, bamsuddenlydarkgrenade.

Grenadiers are heart breakers man.

Comment

Yes! I hate grenadiers with a passion! They've ruined my streaks more times than I like. I always try to take them out as soon as I know they are on the map - failing that, just keep moving. They have pretty good aim though, so usually you want to get rid of them as soon as you can.

Comment

I just tried my first Nightmare map.

Dear god are there a lot of enemies, I spent more time running than actually fighting, and I didn't even survive 7 minutes!

Comment

I haven't had a chance to check, but is my Ghost Town score still up there? It's Qeuw and I had a score of 120-thousand something, but been busy to check. Probably beaten by now though.

There's some tricks to do slightly better, though.
                Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I need some more practice. I thought I was good at Alan Wake, but I definitely need to learn some strategies for Fight Till Dawn.
                  Awaiting Alan Wake 2 announcement... whenever it comes.

Comment

You're currently holding 2nd place. The first place guy has 142500. I'm 53rd...

Comment

Originally posted by Saracenar View Post
                      You're currently holding 2nd place. The first place guy has 142500.
                      Alright, I'll have to beat him later then. Thank you. XD

Also, I'll copy and paste what I said in my review for tips.

"This mode I found to be quite a bit more challenging than the game’s story mode. There’s an increased focus on survival, but also on doing well in matches. Your best score gets recorded on an online leaderboard for incentive to improve or get a better score than your friends. There are a few key ways to do a bit better in this mode though (at the time of writing I’m topping nearly every leaderboard compared to the other reviewers. Come on, other reviewers, pick up your game!).

Firstly, sometimes it’s best to wait to kill an enemy rather than kill them straight-on. The game has a Score Multiplier, which decreases over time signified by how much “Color” the number of the multiplier is filled up by (the Score Multiplier fills with color from the bottom to the top as you do well in the game. When it completely fills to the top, the multiplier goes up by one, with a cap of x9.). Killing enemies does fill the gauge, but it’s filled almost twice as much for successful dodge maneuvers. Now, of course, you don’t get points until you’ve killed an enemy, but sometimes it’s a good idea to be more defensive and raise your Score Multiplier and then take on the offense when it’s high rather than to simply kill everything in sight. This makes for an interesting cat-mouse scenario when trying to go for high scores, especially since a single hit will knock your multiplier back to one (and it drains over time as well). Also, it’s a good idea in the last 30 seconds or so to clear the map of every enemy and let the next enemy wave begin, as if you survive till dawn the sun breaks and every enemy on the arena currently is killed and added to your final score."
                      Last edited by Dusk Golem; 02-23-2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I'm currently 29th on Cemetery with a score of 85,300. I don't like to speak of possibilities but I have no doubt that if I saw that one Dark Grenade I probably could've gotten to 100k.

Comment

I beat ADM

YES

We should get a competition going
                          Last edited by djshauny1; 02-23-2012, 02:49 AM.
                          Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I had 83K with 20 seconds left, a whole new wave just spawned and I had an 8x multiplier. I planned to use a nearby safe haven and a flare to survive.

10 seconds left I get hit by a splitter and my final score ends up being 90,050 instead of what would've been well over 100k and easily in the top 10.

I really want to punch something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubscythe View Post
                              I had 83K with 20 seconds left, a whole new wave just spawned and I had an 8x multiplier. I planned to use a nearby safe haven and a flare to survive.

10 seconds left I get hit by a splitter and my final score ends up being 90,050 instead of what would've been well over 100k and easily in the top 10.

I really want to punch something.
                              Trust me, especially towards the end you have to be careful. In the run in Ghost Town I had some SERIOUS close encounters that almost screwed me over but I barely managed to make it through. One particular highlight in my memory was when I was getting surrounded by all sides with no flares and I tried running to this one corridor that was nothing but a small dead-end, turn my back to the corner and just rapidly flashed and shot all of the Taken which were just streaming right into my small corner.

It surprisingly worked though, but there were many close encounters.

Comment

Working...
                              X