Rated T for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rated T for...

hi before i buy the game i have a quick question... ESRB does not have content discriptors for american nightmare, i know what its rated for.. but not why. does anyone have this information?

Alan Wake's American Nightmare Microsoft Teen Suggestive Themes, Violence, Blood, Language

Re: Rated T for...

Mr Scratch does a lot of naughty things and talks about doing other stuff.
    Team Yu
    https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
    http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

they say shit alot

Comment

In the UK, its rated PEGI 18. Like wtf? :O

Comment

Rated T for Titties!

There's a lot of sex talk. xD
          "Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."

Comment

Originally posted by Kranitoko View Post
            In the UK, its rated PEGI 18. Like wtf? :O
            PEGI is not identical to the ESRB is, they don't use the same criteria. (Typically, PEGI is more sensitive to violence, and the Mr. Scratch stuff pushed up to 18.)
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
              PEGI is not identical to the ESRB is, they don't use the same criteria. (Typically, PEGI is more sensitive to violence, and the Mr. Scratch stuff pushed up to 18.)
              PEGI are more sensitive all together, BBFC (The other ratings board that is used in the UK) gave Mass Effect 1 a 12 while PEGI gave it 18 for a certain scene in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nibblemonkey View Post
                PEGI are more sensitive all together, BBFC (The other ratings board that is used in the UK) gave Mass Effect 1 a 12 while PEGI gave it 18 for a certain scene in the game.
                In a way, I do like PEGI more. Although the law is a little silly with PEGI. Did you guys know that you can actually buy an 18 PEGI game at 12? It's not a BBFC rated game, so theres no law in it.

But then I dont get the BBFC too. Its BBFC... the F stands for Films :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kranitoko View Post
                  In a way, I do like PEGI more. Although the law is a little silly with PEGI. Did you guys know that you can actually buy an 18 PEGI game at 12? It's not a BBFC rated game, so theres no law in it.

But then I dont get the BBFC too. Its BBFC... the F stands for Films :/
                  I like BBFC better because their ratings seem fairer, another thing to point out is that no digital distribution game needs an age rating hence why most games on services like Steam don't have one.
                  The Law was going to change so that the PEGI ratings were legal and BBFC was no longer involved in games but that has yet to happen for some reason. Currently if a game gets rated 12 or higher by PEGI then the game gets sent to BBFC to be rated which is also why these ratings are more seen on cases (possibly).

Comment

Honestly, everything in this game would have cleared U.S. tv at this point - interesting how PEGI is more sensitive to violence in their ratings.

Its the classic: sex no problem, violence = no way
                    Looking forward to more Alan Wake

Comment

Wasn't it always the other way round?

Don't educate kids about sex, show them violent cartoons!
                      "Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."

Comment

so theres just alot of "adult" talk?

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                          This is what got Mortal Kombat banned in Australia.

Well not PEGI, it was their rating system, but it doesn't go past 15. So if a game is not okay for 15 year olds to play, it can't be sold in Australia.

Australia got and has been getting a lot of hate for this kind of thing, so they said they would be fixing it in the next few years, so other rating systems have been looking into adjusting to something a little more like the ESRB as well.

Thought it was semi relevant in this thread, and we've been discussing this for months on the Mortal Kombat Online forums, so I thought I would just leave this here

Comment

Originally posted by glitchhawk View Post
                            Well, the strangling, stomping and slashing people to death has more to do with it, really -- it's not super graphic, but Mr. Scratch does get up to nasty things.
                            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by glitchhawk View Post
                              People say sh** a few times, one darkness-touched-lady tries to seduce Wake (again, with just talk). As Mikki said, it's more what Mr. Scratch does, though it all happens on those T.V.'s Alan finds, so the strangling etc. is never up-close, or even totally on screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X