Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would I need to go to get permission for this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would I need to go to get permission for this?

I know that I have an enormously small chance of getting this allowed, but I'm making a short film for a contest, and I would really like to use the Happy Song. Can anyone tell me where I can get the rights, or even if I'd be able to?

I know it's a small chance, and I probably won't end up getting it. I'm just wondering, because this would be great to add in, since I mostly do music videos anyway.
    It's not a lake.... It's an ocean.

Re: Where would I need to go to get permission for this?

Do you need rights if it's non-profit?
    "Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination – a lighthouse – for some urgent reason I couldn’t remember."

Comment

You should still ask permission, regardless.

Some contests require all music, etc. to be authorized for liability reasons (video may be shown on local news, etc).

Comment

drop a note to feedback@remedygames, but it may take a few days for a response...

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Oh, and it's for a prize of 500,000$. I probably won't win, but even so, I think that's still considered for profit.

Comment

You might want to check the contest rules; if they're offering a price like that, they probably want you to make sure you have your copyrights and licenses in order for anything you submit. (And if they don't, that might be a bit of a red flag.)
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Well it's a YouTube contest. XD I highly doubt they would scam me....Or would they...

Comment

Originally posted by SnowboarderX View Post
                  Well it's a YouTube contest. XD I highly doubt they would scam me....Or would they...
                  I don't mean that they would scam you, I mean that if they're really offering a prize of half a million dollars, this has to be some kind of a major organization, and they probably want to cover their own ass legally by requiring the submissions to contain no material that is copyrighted by somebody else.
                  Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Working...
                  X