No announcement yet.

Mr. Scratch visits the Remedy offices with this Super Effective Sales Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr. Scratch visits the Remedy offices with this Super Effective Sales Trailer

More reason why we need more Mr Scratch.
    Team Yu
    https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
    http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Re: Mr. Scratch visits the Remedy offices with this Super Effective Sales Trailer

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
      Thank you, I appreciate that -- but I just want to take this opportunity to point out that it's Ilkka and Matthew who really make this stuff work. In particular, all the little things Ilkka does with his body language is what brings Mr. Scratch to life -- the way he kind of lazily swings his arm up to hit the remote, that smile of realization you mentioned... some of those details were in the script, some weren't, but either way, he makes it work. I mean, I may write "Mr. Scratch looks puzzled," but he's the guy who really conveys that. Honestly, Mr. Scratch isn't really a terribly subtle character as such, but Ilkka manages to give him a lot of depth just with his presence. Throw in some of those dulcet Porretta tones, and it just works. These guys make me look good. =)
      Just for clarification -- it's Ilkka acting and Matthew talking, right? If so, then I'm impressed by how spot-on the lip-syncing is. In AWAN there was certainly some problems with the lip-syncing in the videos, but here I didn't notice anything.

Comment

It was brilliant-the acting,the writing, and everything. I loved it!
        Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
        -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
          Just for clarification -- it's Ilkka acting and Matthew talking, right? If so, then I'm impressed by how spot-on the lip-syncing is. In AWAN there was certainly some problems with the lip-syncing in the videos, but here I didn't notice anything.
          Yeah, it's quite well done. I thought it was Ilkka speaking (until I remember that the voice actor was Matthew)

Comment

Mr. Scratch, Connecting people.
            Haha what a great video. I like how metafiction fits for Scratch as crazy charachter in a series where fiction becomes reality.

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
              Yeah. The thing about the lip-sync is that it's really almost impossible for somebody to match the rhythm exactly for an extended period of time when acting, so a lot of that gets dealt with in post -- you need to add a fraction of a second in there, or take a bit of silence out to make sure it matches. It's a lot of work. In the original Alan Wake, we had Ilkka match Porretta's VO, but since the DLCs, we've done it the other way around. It's just so much easier for Matthew to match the video than for Ilkka to match the VO.

I think we had some technical challenges with the videos in AWAN that we didn't have time to overcome -- in those clips you can see that the lip sync starts out good, but tends to deteriorate over time.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Its very easy to forget the voice and Actor are not the same person
                Team Yu

Comment

The scenes that impressed me the most in AWAN were the ones where Ilkka is leaning in close to the camera with a red light flashing on and off in his face. He speaks a lot of dialog with his face cast in pitch darkness. That must have been difficult for Matthew to dub.

Out of curiosity, how good is Ilkka's English?

Looking at the videos, he always seems to be speaking the lines pretty clearly -- it's not like watching a Japanese film dubbed into English, for example -- but I've always been curious if he's faking it or if he's got a good grasp on the English language. I've always tended toward thinking the latter, because it looks way too good to be phonetic fakery, but you never know.

I'd sort of like to see some of his work in this series sans Matthew's dub, just to hear what he sounds like giving the performance.
                  Last edited by Doctor Scratch; 04-08-2012, 07:20 PM. Reason: Blind spot for the l in Ilkka's name strikes again...
                  "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Scratch View Post
                    Out of curiosity, how good is Ikka's English?
                    "Variety Society talks with "Alan Wake" star Ilkka Villi."

Watch that video. Ilkka's english is very good.
                    "And I was in the Darkness.
                    So Darkness I became."
                    Alan Wake Fanlisting

Comment

FYI, Ilkka's spot starts at 2:30...
                      Remedy's currently known projects:
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by inferi View Post
                        "Variety Society talks with "Alan Wake" star Ilkka Villi."

Watch that video. Ilkka's english is very good.
                        Thanks for sharing the link, thats a treasure you found ehehehe

Comment

That's a good link, thanks for sharing!

Yes, Ilkka's English is very good. But it's actually a little odd hearing his natural speaking voice after having spent so long hearing Matthew Porretta's voice coming out of his mouth.
                          "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Hilarious. Best part was without a doubt "After all, it's not a lake, it's an ocean. Oooooooooh.) =)

Comment

Originally posted by iStreeT View Post
                              Thanks for sharing the link, thats a treasure you found ehehehe
                              Welcome but I can't take credit for it. Someone else posted that link on here in a different thread and I totally forget who it was. So, stand up mysterious user whose name I forget.
                              "And I was in the Darkness.
                              So Darkness I became."
                              Alan Wake Fanlisting

Comment

Gaming sites need to start posted this brilliant vid so more see it.
                                Team Yu

Comment

Working...
                                X