Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure this won't happen....but mutliplayer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure this won't happen....but mutliplayer?

Hey all,

I always thought it would be great to have co-op on the arcade mode. That would definitely add even more play-ability to the game. Just a thought having player 1 and 2 be alan from AN and then the other be Alan from AW and just kick some butt.

Re: I'm sure this won't happen....but mutliplayer?

Hm, don't know, do we really need this in game like Alan Wake? I mean multiplayer can easily ruin atmosphere. But maybe i am wrong, never had a chance to play American Nightmare.

Comment

I don't mean in the story mode strictly in the arcade mode. Arcade made is essentially just horde mode with Taken. It's not gonna happen so it doesn't really matter. Just something I was thinking about. Figured I'd see what others opinions were.

Comment

A coop mode in AWAN survivor mode would be nice, really nice.

Maybe in alan wake 2.

Comment

Don't think it would happen in American Nightmare but it could happen with Alan Wake 2

Comment

Everyone wants it and I'm sure Remedy will take it into consideration. Maybe AW 2?
            It's not a lake.... It's an ocean.

Comment

Belive Remedy said they are too small a team to add MP?

Hope they dont add it to AW2.
              Team Yu
              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

I hope they add multiplayer in some form in the future, but not c-op campaign. that would be horrible.
                Mulligan's no.1 Fan

Steam ID

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                  Belive Remedy said they are too small a team to add MP?

Hope they dont add it to AW2.
                  That makes two of us. Every company today that makes multiplayer seems to be more than a bit inspired by a certain FPS series...
                  Golden guns, pink camos on guns, unbalanced weapons & perks... yeesh..

It seems as if you either deliver these aspects or you go don't do it at all.
                  I hope Remedy keeps making SP exclusive games. Co-op might be an option but please, no multiplayer...
                  Mirrors are more fun than television.
                  Verdict: MP1>MP3>MP2

Comment

Plenty of games proving you dont need to waste time and money on MP to be a hit. Recent examples being Arkham City and Skyrim,
                    Then look at ME3 which suffers because time and money got spent shoehorning MP into it.
                    Team Yu
                    https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                    http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                      Plenty of games proving you dont need to waste time and money on MP to be a hit. Recent examples being Arkham City and Skyrim,
                      Then look at ME3 which suffers because time and money got spent shoehorning MP into it.
                      I agree with you. Although I think Mass Effect 3 has bigger problems to worry about than cheap boring horde mode. I think the "emotionally invested" Mass Effect nerds are gonna burn Bioware's headquarters with all the "ending" backlash lol

Comment

I enjoy the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, was only disappointed with the game's ending (you certainly won't see me frothing at the mouth) and would be perfectly happy to see a co-op feature for American Nightmare's horde mode (or a similar co-op mode in Alan Wake 2).

I love the single player focus of the main campaign in these games, but some of us like to have our cake and eat it too. I wouldn't turn my nose up to the option of being able to take on enemies in a horde mode with a buddy.
                        "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Well, there was kind of co-op moments in Alan Wake. In episode 2 the short moment after you lose the gun. Might be fun to play longer that way, that other player has only light and other player gun. Then of course most of the 5th episode with Sheriff Breaker and Barry.

I wouldn't mind if there was some arcade mode where you can team up with up to four players and play through the levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Scratch View Post
                            I enjoy the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, was only disappointed with the game's ending (you certainly won't see me frothing at the mouth) and would be perfectly happy to see a co-op feature for American Nightmare's horde mode (or a similar co-op mode in Alan Wake 2).

I love the single player focus of the main campaign in these games, but some of us like to have our cake and eat it too. I wouldn't turn my nose up to the option of being able to take on enemies in a horde mode with a buddy.
                            For me I think the key with ME3's multiplyer is having a friend to play it with. My buddy got it for Xbox and I got it for PC so we couldn't play and it got boring fast for me. Its a little addition that brings in more people and keeps them playing. Thats all I mean for AW. A strictly arcade mode co-op. The singleplayer should be untouched and kept the same way we have know. I also figure it this, yes Remedy isn't paying me, but I'd rather see more people buying their games, Rockstar's games, and other independent company and see them succeed than these corporate giants that have lost thier sense of making good games and just cookie cutter, lacking in story, money gauging, garbage. Funny part is I'm not even a diehard gamer and I still would like to see this.

Comment

I agree about the co-op, Viper. If there was to be such an element in Alan Wake, it should only be in arcade modes. I wouldn't want to see Alan Wake go the way of Resident Evil 5. As much as I like that game, it just doesn't feel like a proper single player campaign, since you have that partner attached to your hip regardless of whether or not a friend is playing with you.

Having said that, they could include co-op modes that feature miniature campaigns. Uncharted 3 has such co-op modes, and they work really well (now there's a game with a rich co-op/multiplayer addition that had no affect whatsoever on single player).
                              "I'm not afraid to be the center of attention!"

Comment

Working...
                              X