Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare on PC is out now!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake's American Nightmare on PC is out now!

Download Alan Wake's American Nightmare now!
    Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/202750
    GOG.com - http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/alan_...ican_nightmare

Gaming’s best selling writer is taking his newest nightmare to PCs everywhere. Remedy Entertainment Ltd. today announced that Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, the critically acclaimed action-packed stan alone spinoff of Alan Wake, is now available for download on Steam and GOG for $14.99. To thank gamers for their continued support, fans who own the original Alan Wake will receive 15% off their purchase.

“Our heritage is in developing PC games so naturally we’re thrilled to be bringing the newest Alan Wake story to PC gamers,” says Matias Myllyrinne, CEO at Remedy. “We’ve worked hard to continue to make the experience worthwhile to fans that wait patiently for our PC releases, and we think they’ll agree this is an excellent addition.”

Read the full press release here:
    http://www.alanwake.com/alan-wakes-a...ilable-for-pc/

Enjoy guys!

Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare on PC is out now!

Playing it now, love it! AN have Max Payne dynamic, and Alan Wake's atmosphere. And thank you again for a decent port, that's how all companies must make PC versions of their games.
    Last edited by Scree; 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Just played an hours worth and was amazed that maxed out I was pulling in well over 70fps,. Even with FRAPS recording it was still 30. Amazing job guys.

Comment

already pirated?

Alan Wakes American Nightmare-RELOADED

damn worht 10€ if you ask me

Comment

Holy crap, I am having a COMPLETE BLAST.
          I have only tackled "Fight 'Till Dawn" for now and it has been just an EXTREMELY pleasant, satisfying and overall great experience. Game looks STUNNING, controls are fantastic, enemy and weapon variety is insane; for the minimal price I paid (10 euro and 50 cents, as I pre-ordered and, of course, have AW on Steam), I got something worth much more.
          This game is a MUST-have in my opinion. Tremendous work.

Having TONS of fun already and I haven't even played the Story mode.
          Thanks, Remedy.
          Last edited by AeddGynvael; 05-22-2012, 10:49 PM.
          "There's an old tale wrought with the mystery of Tom the Poet and his Muse and a magic lake, which gave a life to the words the Poet used.."

Comment

I just bought my Steam copy of AWAN. Make a slick retail version and I'll buy that too. Make Alan Wake 2 and I'll buy copies to donate to needy Bight Falls fans! Seriously..

Comment

Played just a little bit before hitting the bed last night. Porting job was done properly, so thanks for that again. Graphics were superb and everything was smooth as butter, ofc it should be now that i'm rocking GTX 680.

I have a hunch that the open world -engine is leftovers from the original Alan Wake. Am i right?

As always, to make my post worthy to post, a small criticism section below here. There's actually one small thing that caught my attention.

Talking to that girl in the garage felt a little awkward, i mean hitting the button to say the predefined line, seemed strange, out of context somehow, also the acting and content of lines seemed a bit b-class too, not good as Remedy usually. Also the lines were somehow clipped, just before the line ends it ends a tad too soon, and some natural echo or last syllables got cut and it really broke the immersion for me.

Comment

The acting and delivery is intentional. Remember it's a tv episode of night springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scree View Post
                  Playing it now, love it! AN have Max Payne dynamic, and Alan Wake's atmosphere. And thank you again for a decent port, that's how all companies must make PC versions of their games.
                  Agreed, I downloaded my copy from GOG.com as soon as it unlocked, played through story mode last night & thoroughly enjoyed it (and I plan to try arcade mode later, which I'm sure I'll like too). AWAN was well worth the money I spent on it and I'll most likely pick up the retail release as well, to go with my physical Alan Wake CE

Thanks Remedy!

Comment

Wow just finished it amazing game I really really really can't wait for you guys to announce your next Alan wake game. I hope the new MS console is announced soon so you can get it all out in the open. as suspect considering your previous job advertisement that you developing it for that.

Amazing job remedy and thanks for bringing AWAN to PC so fast hopefully next games will come out on PC just as fast.

Comment

Alright, so let me get this straight... First off, I'll start by saying this game is fantastic. Now to the point: The original Alan Wake got criticized for cutting out the open world idea, it got criticized for not having enough weapons, it got criticized for not having different types of enemies, and it got somewhat criticized for it's writing.

Now, American Nightmare adds tons of weapons, tons of new enemies, better story writing, and it's much more sandbox-like/open world. Yet it gets worse scores. Not much worse, but still. It's nothing but an improvement over the original game. It's more "arcade-y" than the original, but that was clearly intended. I don't think critics/fans actually know what they want or what they're talking about.

Remedy, you gave us exactly what we asked for and I, for one, am extremely grateful. This game is a sign of just how freakin spectacular Alan Wake 2 is going to be. This game is easily on par with the original, and better in certain categories. Maybe if it was a full-length, full-blown sequel, reviews would be higher than the original??

Anyway, thanks again for a phenomenal game. And thanks even more for releasing it on PC!!

Comment

I think a wise-line a developer once said is that gamers don't always know what they want.

However, if I could give my personal take on it, it definitely improves over elements of the original but misses some of the charm of the original as well, due to it's different tone which some might either enjoy more or less than the original. Also while it didn't bother me much I can also guess some people didn't appreciate the "Three times over" structure the game has, even if each visit is different than the last, gamers revisiting the same locales in a non-Metroidvania/sandbox game has never been a big hit among audiences.

In my ideal fantasy world where everything's constructed from how I imagine it being, the next Alan Wake game (if there is one) would take the atmospheric and mystery story elements of the first game as mix it with the improvements of the second game. I personally think having these smaller 'hub stages' linked by the more linear Alan Wake 1 style path stages would be a blend that would really capture the best of both worlds. I'm happy to see the refinements to the product, but I think some don't like the action-heavier focus as much as the narrative-driven one.

That said, Fight Till Dawn Mode was a surprise hit for me and many others, so I think Remedy could be onto something in exploring extra modes to play outside of the core game.
                        Last edited by Dusk Golem; 05-27-2012, 04:45 PM.
                        Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

is it coming on retail (physical) media?

Comment

Originally posted by rockstar1 View Post
                            is it coming on retail (physical) media?
                            It sure is
                            Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

when is the retail edition releasing?

Comment

Working...
                              X