AWAN 3d vision support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWAN 3d vision support

i like the game a lot so far but could you please fix 3d vision support.
    the moon and the lights are really out of place with 3d vision, it could be one of the best 3d vision games out there if not for those lightning problems.

you fixed it for the original alan wake would be real nice and cool if you could fix it for the addon aswell!
    theres nothing like alan wake in 3d

Re: AWAN 3d vision support

John, We should have fixed the same things that were fixed for Alan Wake - We can look into this but if you or the community can provide screenshots on what's wrong that'd be helpful for us.

Comment

thanks for caring! alan wake had some minor problems with lightning left, but AWAN seems to have them much more. im not through the game right now, so i just made some quick screenies from the first level.

lightning problems:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	lightproblem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	236808
      you can see the light on the observatory is being rendered wrong, the moon seems to be to near (should be further away)
      also lamp lights (from save haven lamps) are not rendered corectly

lightning&shadowproblems - wrong rendering

Name:	shadowproblem.jpg
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	236809
      the mechanic girl is rendered wrong. shadows in combination with light

(btw. i had lower then 50depth on these screens - AND A GREAT ADDON SO FAR )
      Last edited by john1231; 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

i also started a new thread at the nvidia forums
        http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...&#entry1413224

seems AWAN has the same issues alan wake had before the 1.04 patch
        you can find some more screensshots on the nvidia thread.
        i didnt have time to make some screens - but i will make some more to show the problems (even though they should be clearly visible for your testers)

knowing you solved the problems for the original game, maybe you could just use the same code on AWAN to speed things up?

btw: i think i also found a bug maybe not related to 3d:

Name:	alan_wakes_american_nightmare12_50.jpg
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	236812
        you can see the gas sign is not covered by fog.
        im not sure if that was intended but it seems strange
        Last edited by john1231; 05-25-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

It's true. In those pics, I can see clearly the differences as if they were mirrored in the wrong position. Even the moon sounds kind of stretched, as if someone pulled some cheek.
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

[MENTION=7759]Mark[/MENTION]us

Hello, (new here, first post)

First, thanks for taking care of us poor 3D junkies :-) Once you go 3D you can't go back. Can't help it.

Have you considered giving the possibility of turning off the effects that render badly in 3D? The main problems with 3D are usually complex lightening or shadows, and other effects of the like. Just add a couple of controls in the options that desactivate them. I guess it should be relatively simple.

OK it's not a perfect solution, but I'd rather play the game in 3D without shadows than in 2D!

Comment

pete9999:
              While we've been a bit slow to fix issues still left in Stereo 3D, we're rather still be aware of the issues, instead of just shying away from them.

Many of our future tech games will most likely face the same exact issues (as we are going forward with our current codebase), so we'd rather fix the issues once and the fixes should propagate to future games without too much effort.

SamiV.
              Lead Technical Artist, Remedy Co-Founder

Comment

any update on this?
                fight till dawn mode has major problems with 3d (played the cementery level)
                its almost unplayable there :/

Comment

its me again

i understand you stoped 3d vision support on alan wake,
                  but do you plan to update on AWAN?

could you at least fix the issues to a state like the original alan wake is?
                  (some minor glitches) -AWAN arcade mode is unplayable in 3d.
                  AW was really good in 3d, sadly AWAN is not.

Comment

I too am waiting for a 3D Vision fix. Alan Wake looked good (imo) in 3D.

Could we please have an update and/or a possible ETA on when we could expect a fix for the 3D issues?

Cheers.

Comment

I'll get our 3D setup rebuilt next week and see what's the problem - I guess we were kind of sleeping and just presumed all the fixes we did for AW would just work for AW:AN.

SamiV.
                      Lead Technical Artist, Remedy Co-Founder

Comment

thanks! im glad you havent gave up on 3d support yet

Comment

well 3 months passed...
                          will there be another patch for AWAN? will it fix 3d vision support?

im not really playing the game anymore so i would not be angry if youve given up,
                          but i would actually start playing in arcade mode if 3d vision would be fixed

Comment

Hi John1231,
                            did you play an other AlanWake than me? AW was far far away from perfect in 3D-Vision. And it seems that AWAN lacks the same problems.

Those shadow and lighting problems finally forced me to turn off 3D-Vision for AW.
                            The Action-markers were at wrong depth too.
                            And the God-rays also were flat, there was no depth in the single rays. Ok, Remedy fixed them in that way, that they were correctly positioned under the light-sources. They should have some cone-like shape in 3D, but they were flat like a plane.
                            i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB 1333-CL7-DDR3 + Win7 64Bit + AW2310+3D-Vision

Comment

Originally posted by FlintEastwood View Post
                              Hi John1231,
                              did you play an other AlanWake than me? AW was far far away from perfect in 3D-Vision. And it seems that AWAN lacks the same problems.
                              altough there still are some 3D issues left with alan wake (lamplights, flashlight, godrays) - most of the time everything seemed to look very good in 3D. (IMO)
                              love the game with high convergence settings

with AWAN things are much worse as they are a lot more noticable.
                              even the characters are rendered wrong and in arcade mode (cementery) its so terrible as being totaly unplayable (campaign mode got a lot of problems too)

Comment

Working...
                              X