X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Scratch
    started a topic Finally got 100,000!

Finally got 100,000!

I've owned American Nightmare since it launched for the 360 and pre-ordered the PC version, but only today was I FINALLY able to score over 100,000 and unlock the associated achievement!

Feeling really pleased with myself, especially considering I got it on my first attempt of the Oil Field level. I was never good at this level on the 360 version, but I had a great run this morning. I managed to make it nearly the entire level without taking any damage (accidentally pressed the dodge button when I meant to drop a flare) and then didn't take any more damage for the rest of the level.

One day, I'm going to make it through without taking any damage. In the meantime, I'm just happy to have FINALLY gotten that achievement.

• ancient
    replied
    Re: Finally got 100,000!

I think it's quite manageable to score 100K in the Ghost Town map.

Avoid using the street lamp next to the ammo box because the light will serve you as a shield to protect from right side attacks. Quickly grab the crossbow during the first minute (on the podium nearby). Always stay next to the ammo box - to replenish ammo whenever it becomes available - and then systematically eliminate enemies coming from the left. The fence will protect you from the direct frontal attacks.

The pistol is useful to eliminate threats when they are still far away. The crossbow - when the enemies come closer.

58K in my second attempt and the dawn was finally reached. Hooray!

Leave a comment:

• Lucathegreat
    replied

I just can't get it, for the love of me.
    I'm trying in that same map, with a strategy I've seen on YT, with Magnum and sticking to the east wall facing the center of the map.
    But the light that should secure the rightmost way appears like 1 time out of 10, and I usually get hit in the last minutes by some random asshole that pops out of nowhere on the left. That, if I can get the combo to 9 at the beginning, which not always happens since sometimes he gets hit for no reason, even if I dodged at the correct time.
    Max I got 70.000.
    Any advices? It's best to get the multiplier to 9 right at the start by dodging and wasting time or to kill them right away and having more time for more waves to appear?

Leave a comment:

• SnowboarderX
    replied

Originally posted by Pax Mayne View Post
    You r lucky bastard
    I stuck on Cemetery (NORMAL) and can't score more than 36.750... How the hell you get the scores, what's the tactic? Kill more or get the highest multiplier?
    Cemetery is a bad map to do it on. :\

Ghost town has ways to spam points, but it won't give you the same amount that using real skill would get you.

I got around 90,000 without even attempting to get the achievement on that level with the giant ship in the center. Caves, I believe it's called?

Leave a comment:

• Pal88
    replied

Congratulations, I'm guessing getting this achievement is no easy task then.

Leave a comment:

• jester131
    replied

100k? piece of cake! At least in the normal maps.

Leave a comment:

• KenTWOu
    replied

Originally posted by JJesso1993 View Post
    The stage Level in alan wake would be perfect for the game.
    Yeah, the stage level from Alan Wake was so awesome, so it made me decide to pre-oder AWAN to play its Arcade mode. Of course I know that AWAN doesn't include that level.

Leave a comment:

• RadiNightingale
    replied

Originally posted by JJesso1993 View Post
    Highest score is 52 thousand so far. Any chances of newer maps for AWAN ? The stage Level in alan wake would be perfect for the game.
    exactly, they could just port that over (probably harder then i think) and charge for it. Maybe throw in a Barry skin if there feeling really generous

Leave a comment:

• JJesso1993
    replied

Highest score is 52 thousand so far. Any chances of newer maps for AWAN ? The stage Level in alan wake would be perfect for the game.

Leave a comment:

• Pax Mayne
    replied

You r lucky bastard
    I stuck on Cemetery (NORMAL) and can't score more than 36.750... How the hell you get the scores, what's the tactic? Kill more or get the highest multiplier?

Leave a comment:

• Explorer
    replied

Good work.

I really don't have problems with Fight 'Till Dawn and my best score is 160 000 in Trailer park (Normal). Almost all my scores are over 100 000 expect for Caves (Nightmare). Man, that map is hard. And those grenades.

Leave a comment:

• ViperSRT
    replied

The best I can do is probably the bare minimum to get the three stars. I gave up on the 360 with the arcade achievements. Havn't played PC yet. Congrats

Leave a comment:

Working...
X