AWAN's HUD has one little problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWAN's HUD has one little problem.

I already played PC version of Alan Wake:American Nightmare and while I was impressed by AWAN in terms of stability and performance (it doesn't have minor issues which Alan Wake has right after its release), I think that AWAN still has one little problem. This problem is HUD.

Let me explain myself. I played both games (AW & AWAN) without HUD, so it sounds like HUD shouldn't bother me at all, but it does!

When you play the game without HUD and switch your weapon you can see little weapon menu in the center of the screen. So Alan Wake's menu has little marks in it which show you amount of bullets in your clip/magazine. This is really crucial information, when you play the game without HUD especially on Nightmare difficulty. It helps you get the right moment to reload your weapons (see all screenshots bellow).

But AWAN's weapon menu hasn't such marks, that's why it's much harder to play the game without HUD. Especially when you find somewhere a new weapon and you don't even know its clip/magazine capacity.

So my question: is it possible to change weapon menu for AWAN and add clip/magazine capacity information?

I understand that AWAN has few automatic weapons (SMG, assault rifle...) with high capacity magazines. And may be this is the exact reason behind this design decision. So the same marks will look cumbersome for such weapons, but additional numbers will be good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 05-25-2012, 08:21 PM.
    Sorry if my English is not perfect!

Re: AWAN's HUD has one little problem.

I agree...

I think showing the "ammo in pocket" in addition to the "ammo in clip" in the weapon selector HUD should be fine. I'll talk to the original designer and see if there's any deeper logic or reasons behind showing only the total ammo instead of clip + pocket.

This sounds like a very potential fix for v1.02.

SamiV.
    Lead Technical Artist, Remedy Co-Founder

Comment

Originally posted by samivRMD View Post
      This sounds like a very potential fix for v1.02.
      Sounds like music to my ears!

Comment

[MENTION=32]samivRMD[/MENTION]
        Ok, you didn't add this feature in patch 1.02 for AW:AN. But please, won't forget about it during Alan Wake 2 development

Comment

Working...
        X