X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam
    started a topic Taken for Alan Wake 2

Taken for Alan Wake 2

I just want to know what kind of taken you would want in Alan Wake 2? Or what is your favorite taken?

• Nik'sih Pir'kah
    replied
    Re: Taken for Alan Wake 2

Originally posted by hgigh View Post
    I really like the darkness of the Taken in AW, the way they just appeared in the forest shrouded in shadow. I like the new Taken (bird man, splitter and giant) in AWAN but think they should be a little darker and I like the phantom spawn of AW more than the darkness fountain spawn found in AWAN.
    I like the sherriff and fireman models (maybe due to the uniforms) but the mullet guy really bugs me... He has too unique of a look and when you fight him multiple times one begins to wonder how many dudes there are with mullets and cut off flannels... In Night Springs!

Even though there are less models for enemies in AW, I feel the way they are shrouded in darkness makes them easier to believe as individuals that have been taken rather than the more unique models in AWAN. And of course we need more individual taken (Stucky, Rusty and Birch come to mind).
    I have also wondered if they could increase "darkness cloud" effect around the takens. Maybe the dark cloud could vanish after enough light and the details would be shown only after then.

The eyes of taken could also glow when hit with light and maybe even taken with red glowing eyes or is that just too much?

Taken should not allways emerge out of nowhere. I would like to sometimes be able to spot takens in the distance(possibly dissapearing before player gets close?)

Leave a comment:

• hgigh
    replied

I really like the darkness of the Taken in AW, the way they just appeared in the forest shrouded in shadow. I like the new Taken (bird man, splitter and giant) in AWAN but think they should be a little darker and I like the phantom spawn of AW more than the darkness fountain spawn found in AWAN.
    I like the sherriff and fireman models (maybe due to the uniforms) but the mullet guy really bugs me... He has too unique of a look and when you fight him multiple times one begins to wonder how many dudes there are with mullets and cut off flannels... In Night Springs!

Even though there are less models for enemies in AW, I feel the way they are shrouded in darkness makes them easier to believe as individuals that have been taken rather than the more unique models in AWAN. And of course we need more individual taken (Stucky, Rusty and Birch come to mind).

Leave a comment:

• Celeste
    replied

It'll depend on the setting. And I wonder if they'll also appear different now that the DP has a new Face. Does the Face have any creative control?

Leave a comment:

• Jaden
    replied

Taken Bears! Everyone loves bears! They're adorable! They're like the Tribbles of the animal world...but more bitey.

(...Although with that being said, so are turtles.)

That's how the Darkness lulls you into a false sense of sercurity

Leave a comment:

• RadiNightingale
    replied

I would love if the special taken from amercian nightmare returned - that was probably the best thing they added in my opinion - as long as they fit into the story. I would also love to see some sort of random appearance generator for the common taken.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X