Is this game canon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this game canon?

I've read that this game is a follow up to the first game but not a direct sequel. This kind of confused me.

Is this game canon?

Re: Is this game canon?

Yes, its all canon. Think of it like a Christmas Special episode. Not everything makes sense, and its not a direct continuation of the events.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by HeyAndy View Post
      Is this game canon?
      Yup, just like Morry said. AWAN is still canon.

Originally posted by HeyAndy View Post
      I've read that this game is a follow up to the first game but not a direct sequel. This kind of confused me.
      Oh yeah, tell me about it. The entire freakin' franchise is bloody confusing! There are no absolutes in the Alan Wake Franchise. Only speculations and a lot of guesstimations. Even Alan himself said it in the beginning - "There is little fun to be had in explanations"..."The victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanations."

Even Morry's statements above could be true. AWAN is not a direct continuation of the events. But who really knows the truth about these't things, right? It may not be a direct continuation of the main game, but then again, maybe it will be. Who knows, right? Remedy could take this thing anywhere from here. The game is designed that way, Dude. We really can't do nothin' about it for now. But one thing is certain, AWAN is indeed a canon in this franchise.

I know it is confusing enough. But we really don't have enough information yet to validate anything here. My best advice for you my friend is to try to formulate your own understanding about how you experienced the game. Then, when you have the time, try to compare your thoughts and speculations with others. I believe that would help a little bit. It's not good to tackle this alone, you know?! You could end up at the bottom of Cauldron Lake yourself, if you know what I mean?

That is why everybody here is hoping for some news that Alan Wake 2 would somehow surface in the near future to help shed some light into this darkness. But I doubt it. If Alan Wake 2 comes out, I bet you it will be another roller coaster ride into the deep, dark ocean green with more mysteries and added confusion. Not to mention the waves are also wilder and more serene. So, buckle up Dude, cause' it's gonna' be one hell of a ride all over again! Let's just hope for the best!

Cheers!

Comment

Always found it odd the game being set 2 years later but Wake looks younger.
        Team Yu
        https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
        http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
          Always found it odd the game being set 2 years later but Wake looks younger.
          It could be "Paradoxical" since the Night Springs episode that we play in AWAN was written by Wake years before he even turned up at Bright Falls. According to Wake, he just adopted the story. Hence, that is probably why the protagonist, which is also him, looks younger. Again, "Paradoxical.

Or maybe it's just an optical illusion caused by Mr. Scratch's dashingly good looks with his polished suit. And did you notice the hair?............Oh-oh, she's giving me the EYE!

Comment

Fortunetly, it is! Everyone here is correct. It's all Canon.
            But I have an example no one used in this Thread.
            Remember the Manuscript Pages and the Radio Shows?
            All of that Fiction would go to waste if it was all non-canon.
            Imagine if it wasn't canon: Barry wouldn't be the Manager for the Old Gods, Alice wouldn't have made "Sunrise", and a whole lot more!
            It would've been painful as a Writer, to create all of this Fiction, and to see it technically vanish in the virtual world they created.
            Well, that was my example. Really excited to see Season 2!
            Also, nice post!
            "The Darkness is Silent, while The Light rings True"

Comment

Not with the "Power of the Lake," it isn't. Not painful at all. That's what happened in the first AW game, remember? With Wake and the Lake, anything is possible! The Lake is Silent but Deadly! But maybe it's just me. (Sneaky Me!)

Comment

Working...
              X