Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Major Problem with AWAN

Hey Remedy,

I've got a huge problem. I bought Alan Wake's American Nightmare a couple days ago via Steam, while it was on sale. As you can see in this image, I have a DX10 graphics card, as stated in the game requirements. But I keep getting this error, which states that "Multi Sample Antialiasing not supported by your graphics hardware" which is incorrect.

What do you recommend I do to make this work? Is there a way to fix this, or is the game simply broken?
    Attached Files

Re: A Major Problem with AWAN

If your Intel video card is the HD 3000 or 4000, there have been other users who have experienced difficulty playing the game.
    You could try going on to the Intel website and finding the latest drivers for your video card. Another user mentioned that downloading the 64-bit Home Premium rather than normal Home version of the drivers worked for them.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
      If your Intel video card is the HD 3000 or 4000, there have been other users who have experienced difficulty playing the game.
      You could try going on to the Intel website and finding the latest drivers for your video card. Another user mentioned that downloading the 64-bit Home Premium rather than normal Home version of the drivers worked for them.
      I just downloaded the latest drivers from Intel, and they ARE the 64-bit home premium. It has had no effect; the game is still not running.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGjunkie33 View Post
        Hey Remedy,

I've got a huge problem. I bought Alan Wake's American Nightmare a couple days ago via Steam, while it was on sale. As you can see in this image, I have a DX10 graphics card, as stated in the game requirements. But I keep getting this error, which states that "Multi Sample Antialiasing not supported by your graphics hardware" which is incorrect.

What do you recommend I do to make this work? Is there a way to fix this, or is the game simply broken?
        I too have the same problem, and might as well forget getting a refund from
        steam.
        I have also updated my graphics card driver to the latest driver.
        I would really like to be able to play this game. Does anyone have a work-
        around that would allow us to play?

gk

Comment

Id suggest updating your graphics cards

Intel really isnt the graphics platform to be gaming on
          Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post

Your right, that was my next move I guess as there seems to be no work-
            around for the problem.

What graphics card works best and is compatible with Alan Wake American
            Nightmare and my
            Dell Inspiron i560
            Pentium Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20 GHz
            6 GB Ram
            Integrated Intel HD graphics card - Intel G45/G43 Express chipset
            Windows Home Premium (64 bit)

And hopefully will work for Max Payne series also! ??????????

GK

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post

I'm on a laptop, sooooooo no can do. Besides, I don't think it's the graphics card. It has multi-sample antialiasing software. Of this I am 100% certain. I don't know what the problem could be, unless the game itself is broken.

Comment

Working...
              X