Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon US shows a notice which mentions stock error. I'm unable to order.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon US shows a notice which mentions stock error. I'm unable to order.

From the Alan Wake's American Nightmare physical PC DVD release page-

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

I don't have fast enough internet to download directly from Steam, and a Nordic Games rep in the other thread promised that Amazon would be carrying it. What's going on?

Re: Amazon US shows a notice which mentions stock error. I'm unable to order.

I'm afraid that's a question you should really be asking Amazon; there's no way for us to know what's going on at their end.
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
      I'm afraid that's a question you should really be asking Amazon; there's no way for us to know what's going on at their end.
      Is there another outlet where I can get a physical copy? Amazon is clueless. Are you sure they got stock of the game? Who is your distributor this time? Is it still Legacy or is Nordic handling it themselves?

Comment

I really don't know whether Amazon has stock of the game at this moment; I do know that many people have ordered the game from them in the past. I'm afraid that this is not the sort of thing that is even remotely in my bailiwick, but I'll ask someone who's more knowledgeable than I am to look into this.

That may take a while, though; to be honest, we're more in the business of making games than distributing physical copies of them, and what happens on that end of the business isn't something that we deal with a lot. For all we know, this could simply be some kind of an inventory mixup at Amazon or something. But I'll ask around.
        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Okay, wow, that was a lot faster than I expected! I asked a guy who asked a guy at Nordic who had to ask yet another guy at Nordic, but we got an answer. Rarely do messages like this get passed along this quickly, but hey, I'll take it! =)

It appears that there was some kind of a mix-up with the stock -- apparently replenishment copies were shipped with the Steam key stickers missing, so they had to be shipped back and corrected. The good news: I'm told that Amazon should have the copies with the correct stickers available again "by the end of the week" (they couldn't be more specific than that). Sorry about the hassle, but at least it'll be fixed soon!

Oh, and let me just point out that you can also purchase a digital copy at Amazon (or Steam, or GOG), so you can get it without a delay if you like -- but it sounds like you won't have to wait too long for the physical copy, either. =)

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
            Okay, wow, that was a lot faster than I expected! I asked a guy who asked a guy at Nordic who had to ask yet another guy at Nordic, but we got an answer. Rarely do messages like this get passed along this quickly, but hey, I'll take it! =)

It appears that there was some kind of a mix-up with the stock -- apparently replenishment copies were shipped with the Steam key stickers missing, so they had to be shipped back and corrected. The good news: I'm told that Amazon should have the copies with the correct stickers available again "by the end of the week" (they couldn't be more specific than that). Sorry about the hassle, but at least it'll be fixed soon!

Oh, and let me just point out that you can also purchase a digital copy at Amazon (or Steam, or GOG), so you can get it without a delay if you like -- but it sounds like you won't have to wait too long for the physical copy, either. =)
            Okay, thanks!

Comment

Looks like they have it in stock today. Just ordered a copy!

Comment

Excellent. Glad that got sorted out!

Comment

This is another fine example of the great support Remedy gives its costumers. Thank you!
                  And Brad, have fun!
                  ''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
                  -Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                  X