X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharpturn
    started a topic I'm confused.

I'm confused.

At the end of the first game, Alan Wake writes himself out of the story in order to save everyone in the world, specifically Alice. Given the trailer and details on American Nightmare, he's still okay, but he needs to fight his evil clone, Mr.Scratch. How is Alan still okay?

• JackMarco
    replied
    Re: I'm confused.

Originally posted by sharpturn View Post
    But in the end of the original game you see Mr. Scratch in the REAL Bright Falls. In AWAN, Alan's goal is to defeat Mr. Scratch. Is the darkness like some sort of parallel dimension with a parallel, interconnected version of Mr. Scratch, where if darkness dimension Mr. Scratch dies, real-life Mr. Scratch dies? BTW I know my assumptions are probably wrong.
    Mr Scratch is able to switch between the real world and the dark place by will. The one in AWAN is the same one that we see in the end of AW.

Leave a comment:

• sharpturn
    replied

Originally posted by RadiNightingale View Post
    He writes himself into the dark place and writes Alice out of it, exchanging them. American Nightmare is set in the dark place.
    But in the end of the original game you see Mr. Scratch in the REAL Bright Falls. In AWAN, Alan's goal is to defeat Mr. Scratch. Is the darkness like some sort of parallel dimension with a parallel, interconnected version of Mr. Scratch, where if darkness dimension Mr. Scratch dies, real-life Mr. Scratch dies? BTW I know my assumptions are probably wrong.

Leave a comment:

• djshauny1
    replied

AWAN is a spin off.

Id suggest downloading the 2 pieces of DLC for the first game.

Leave a comment:

• The Reclaimer
    replied

Originally posted by sharpturn View Post
    At the end of the first game, Alan Wake writes himself out of the story in order to save everyone in the world, specifically Alice. Given the trailer and details on American Nightmare, he's still okay, but he needs to fight his evil clone, Mr.Scratch. How is Alan still okay?
    Have you played or heard of the DLC for Alan Wake, Signal and The Writer?
    They show you more of a reason to why Alan is so used to the Dark Place now.

He learns the lesson to cope with the craziness of the Dark Place or go insane instead.

That's why he survives through the Dark Place for over 2 years.

In my opinion, the DLC was awesome!
    I recommend getting them if you haven't already.

Leave a comment:

• RadiNightingale
    replied

He writes himself into the dark place and writes Alice out of it, exchanging them. American Nightmare is set in the dark place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X