American Nightmare PC DVD won't install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Nightmare PC DVD won't install

Hey I can't seem to get this game to install. Steam says that the game is already associated with my account. I just got it in the mail from Amazon today. I do, however, already have the original Alan Wake installed from DVD.

Help!

Re: American Nightmare PC DVD won't install

If you have input the code to your steam account you can always download it.
    Mulligan's no.1 Fan

Steam ID

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply, but the problem is it doesn't show up in my library. I think maybe I have a goofed up code or something. I've emailed Valve; maybe they can help me straighten it out.

Comment

After one generic email from Steam support and a second disc provided by Amazon, I'm still in the same situation. It says it's associated with my account, it says then it's proceeding to install anyway, then it says "this game cannot be installed" and give me the only option available "cancel."

Awesome.

Comment

Are you able to try just downloading from Steam rather than using the DVD?
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
            Are you able to try just downloading from Steam rather than using the DVD?
            Unfortunately, no. I've emailed Steam and asked for a key to do that though. The reason I didn't just buy it from Steam in the first place is my super slow internet.

Comment

Hi ruggercb! I'm sorry for all the trouble installing the game has caused you. Unfortunately you're not the first one to have these kind of issues with the retail copy, for some reason the Steam codes don't always work

I'd advice you to contact Nordic Games, the company that handles all our retail distribution. If possible, provide them with a photo of the product with a receipt. http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/contact

Comment

I just got back from being on military leave and I finally had the chance to pop this sucker into my PC only to get the same exact issue. Has anyone been successful in getting Nordic Games to straighten it out for them?

Comment

Nordic Games solved my issue within a few hours of me emailing them the required information. So far, I'm satisfied with the result.

Comment

Working...
                  X