Mysterious plane in the woods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious plane in the woods?

What is that plane? ( located before old mill ) What do we know about it? Anyone?

Nothing much was said about it in AW Files.

Also, why does it bends over if you walk in it? What's the point?

Discuss!
    Last edited by thermos; 08-09-2014, 01:11 PM.

Re: Mysterious plane in the woods?

I think it was mentioned sometime (years ago actually) that it was more of an easter egg. A minor reference to Lost (the TV series). Of course, I could be all wrong, but that's what my memory recalls.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Now that you mention it I start to remember something with Lost reference... but still, why would it bend over(?)

Comment

I haven't really given it much thought, but if anything, I'd think it's just for added effect. Nothing quite as scary as a plane moving about when you're inside it. If you have any theories, feel free to share though. I just haven't given that little detail much thought, that's all.
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

It also Spoiler:
          ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
          32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
          WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Well it bends over... because....

SPOILER: In LOST, the plane falls forward while someone is inside and almost fatally injures a certain character. So... the plane bending forward like that, is another reference. (Possibly)

Comment

My closest guess is that initially they intended to have an actual use of bending over the plane to reach something or somewhere. Obviosly later that was scratched yet the plane and bending over remained

Comment

I think that bending over part meant to scare the player.

Comment

I believe that the plane is an example of the how the Dark Presence is attempting to reach out into the real world. Kind of like a Bermuda Triangle effect. Clay Stewards book in the Limited Edition i believe has examples of things found in the woods surrounding Bright Falls that have no earthly way of getting there.

On a gameplay basis though, Arugula is correct.

Comment

My personal thoughts on it was that it was a reference to Lost, but also... End game spoilers.

Spoiler:
                    Last edited by Dusk Golem; 08-14-2014, 07:25 AM.
                    Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

This mystery is actually kind of explained in the Alan Wake illuminated. The plane was originally going to fall into the Anderson's farm, followed by a ufo.

Comment

Working...
                      X