Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life is Strange Trailer - (Alan Wake reference?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is Strange Trailer - (Alan Wake reference?)

Okaaay, this is looking very familiar. A darkness tornado near a light house. Feels very Alan Wake.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YRo48r9ho

Also, my wife caught this Twin Peaks easter egg.
    Check out my Twin Peaks podcast! Classic TV show that heavily inspired Alan Wake: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id432749455

Re: Life is Strange Trailer - (Alan Wake reference?)

Originally posted by Humpski View Post
    Okaaay, this is looking very familiar. A darkness tornado near a light house. Feels very Alan Wake.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YRo48r9ho

Also, my wife caught this Twin Peaks easter egg.

It does look kind of resemble Alan Wake. I wonder if it was a coincidence.

Comment

Also the way the trees sway in the night... reminds me of dark presence. And Episode 1 is only 5€ I gotta take a look at it.
      The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

There's actually a free demo. Don't even have to spend the $5.
        Check out my Twin Peaks podcast! Classic TV show that heavily inspired Alan Wake: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id432749455

Comment

Not at least for Windows.
          The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

After playing the Demo i downloaded the first episode there and then. It's a great interactive TV show. And i love that song Maxine listens to while strolling down the corridor after leaving the class room at the beginning.

Comment

Hubby bought this for me today - the second i started playing, the second i got Alan Wake vibes. Also, i saw a "OH DEER" reference, in her journal.... that TWNPKS number plate, just slaps more reference lol! XD
              Find the light.....
              My Art
              ALAN WAKE IS MY MUSE.

Comment

I bought the first two episodes of Life is Strange last week for PS4, and I really like the game. Very compelling story and characters. A 95 point downloadable game based on what I've seen so far, and holds its own very well even againts full retail titles.

That being said, I find the similarities to Alan Wake rather glaring. Whether it is intentional, I can't say, but there's so many thematic elements and narrative devices, which resemble those used in AW that it would be pretty amazing coincidence if they were not.
                End of the internets

Comment

So I just played the first two episodes (I downloaded the third but haven't played it yet) and so far there are a lot of connections to Alan Wake and even Quantum Break.

Alan Wake - Starts off with a dream / vision to get to the lighthouse, Small town in the Pacific Northwest, a tornado (which we rarely get here in Washington / Oregon) prominent diner, the deer. Even the protagonist narration over the game's events and song choices reminded me of Alan Wake.

Quantum Break - the end of Life is Strange episode 2, time is stopped and looks almost like the demos of Quantum break where Jack is stuck in the time stutters.

Also, there's a Twin Peaks license plate, and "Fire Walk With Me" message in the bathroom of the diner.

Comment

I just finished the first episode! Great Alan Wake vibe in this game. I totally recommend it. Here's some "Alan Wakey" screenshots I took on the way (no big spoilers):

My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Somewhere it can be downloaded from the internet ?

Comment

...Steam, maybe?
                        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

It's interesting to see how intense the game gets with each episode. In episode one things were pretty relaxed, of course there was a level of urgency and importance but the later episodes just dial that up. Looking back the big decisions of episode one feels so small in comparison, back then I was hoping Lisa the plant would survive. (I'm playing it with my gaming buddy and we accidentally killed her. A piece of me died inside.)
                          The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Anyone play Episode 5? The nightmare sequence trying to get the the lighthouse reminded me a lot of Alan Wake's DLC Episodes.

Comment

Working...
                            X