Alan Wake 2 prototype

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake 2 prototype

Demo sees daylight. As part of celebrating 20 years of Remedy, the studio's creative director Sam Lake had a long chat with Polygon based on an early Alan Wake 2 prototype demo video from 2010. Check out the story and demo video at:
    http://www.polygon.com/features/2015...ideo-interview
    Last edited by Leorgrium; 04-21-2015, 02:53 PM.
    Everybody Lies...

There will be no Alan Wake 2, unless...

During the period of last 5 to 10 years the AAA video game industry is rapidly changing - changing for mainstream, changing for more optimal businesses.

I just stumbled on an interview with Sam Lake, about Alan Wake 2 and so forth. Knowing the current tendency of industry and what and how Sam Lake responded, it instantly sounded like a very possible Late Goodbye... while re-reading it also gave 50/50 feeling. A bit confusing really.

Hopefully it will be the right time for Alan Wake 2 and Microsoft, as a publisher, to add it to their 'portfolio' sooner than we would hope, maybe

P.S. No matter what I still can't wait to try Quantum Brake!

Read interview by Polygon - LINK

Sam Lake:

"I wouldn't start guessing," he said. "But definitely we'll have those discussions."

And what are the odds of us seeing an Alan Wake sequel published with or without Microsoft?

"It's hard to guess," he said. "I would love to do that ... it feels that time has only refined the ideas of what the sequel would be, which is great. It's almost, in some ways and on some level, that all of this extra time to think it about it has made it tastier and more exciting.

"Only time will tell."
    Last edited by thermos; 04-20-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Re: Alan Wake 2 prototype

I a little confused what does this mean. Still, it's nice that they share this with us! It gave me chills.

Would love to see Alan Wake 2!
      My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Wonder why they shared this? Its a little dissapointing tbh. Many of us would of loved to see AW2.
        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Well holy shit!

This came literally out of nowhere. I haven't still read the article through, but this seems very interesting. Will edit when done!

Edit:

So that was a really interesting showcase of something, that we rarely see many game developers do and just a small glimpse of what goes behind the scenes. While the demo was very polished and looked great (even back in 2010), the most interesting part in the article were those concept art pieces: a flooded city block or a reality tear. These seem like really interesting ideas and a nice departure from the usual forest settings.

I would really enjoy if the next game had more of those calmer scenes that didn't rely so heavily on combat (like the trailer park or the lodge). The concept art looks promising and it would be really cool if Remedy could incorporate some of those scenes in the (possible) next game.

And that brings me to a whole different question: does Alan Wake really benefit from the action gameplay? I am not so certain and while Remedy is certainly known from their action games (heck even their logo has a bullet), it would be really interesting to see a more toned down sequel. And I am not alone in this regard.

But hey the little I saw was really action packed and looked very nice, even for a prototype (the tear scene was really impressive). I hope that one day we get to see more of Wake and possibly from a bit of a different gameplay angle.
          Last edited by AnttiApina; 04-20-2015, 09:52 PM.
          KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

In a perfect world we would both have a new series with QB and sequel of AW.Unfortunately this is not a perfect world I hope that the survey about AW remestared for x1 is true would mean that MS has understood that gamers and the x1 needs both QB and AW.

Comment

Got a nice little The Last of Us vibe from this.

Bear boss taken o_O? Ugh, hopefully Alan Wake 2 happens. Those prototype pics and videos are just tough to look at as a fan. The A.I. looked great as well. With the taken grabbing the car door as a shield.

EDIT: Oh, and LOL at the in-game Shell and Ford advertisements.
              Last edited by QuantumWake; 04-20-2015, 10:03 PM.
              "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
              -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
                Wonder why they shared this? Its a little dissapointing tbh. Many of us would of loved to see AW2.
                Did you read the article? My impressions from reading it was that there is a real chance that AW2 could happend. I think Remedy wanted to show that they are doing everything to make AW2 happend.
                Last edited by Matti1; 04-20-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I hope Alan Wake 2 comes to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It would sell more.

Comment

Im still wondering why they would release this footage. I mean its feel like a pretty big kick in the teeth to all AW fans out there lol. There has to be more to it.

I hope
                    Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Matti1 View Post
                      Did you read the article? My impressions from reading it was that there is a real chance that AW2 could happend. I think Remedy wanted to show that they are doing everything to make AW2 happend.
                      Of course I did. Weve heard this from Sam Lake before. I meant its like rubbing salt in a wound for people who wanted AW2 instead of QB.

Comment

Im still wondering why they would release this footage. I mean its feel like a pretty big kick in the teeth to all AW fans out there lol. There has to be more to it.

I hope
                        To create buzz about Alan Wake 2. If people get excited there is bigger change that the game happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactus View Post
                          To create buzz about Alan Wake 2. If people get excited there is bigger change that the game happens.
                          People were allready excited for it lol.

Comment

People were allready excited for it lol.
                            But with video like that they get attention from gaming media. Then some company might contact Remedy and want to publish and maybe fund the game.

Comment

I want to live in an alternative universe in which Alan Wake 2 exists....sigh, and thanks for an awesome article of what 'could have been'
                              QB looks NICE

Comment

Working...
                              X