Remedy please do not release any Alan Wake game on ps4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy please do not release any Alan Wake game on ps4

I really loved Alan Wake on my Xbox 360, simply my personal game of all time.that was my only reason to choose Xbox 360 over ps3 in 2010 and I enjoyed playing every second of it. Sam lake recently stated that AW 2 could be on any platforms including ps4.
    Of course remedy owns the IP and it can release the game on any platforms for financial reasons. But I think then AW 2 can't get the additional support and attention from Microsoft and it will hurt the overall quality of the game even with the new publishers for the game.
    Releasing the game on ps4 seems somehow wrong and weird to me due to the strong relationships between Microsoft and Remedy. I really can't imagine AW 2 on any other platforms except Xbox one (and PC).

Re: Remedy please do not release any Alan Wake game on ps4

Support from Microsoft would be pretty much the only reason to release Alan Wake on Xbox exclusively. Every other way, it would be limiting the sales of the game. That's the issue with exclusives in general: I still believe Alan Wake's poor sales on launch were because of the exclusivity on Xbox (alongside the fact that it was released on the same day as RDR). Max Payne's sales have revealed that the most players were on the PS2, the PC following and all other after them.

tl; dr: Exclusives suck because they limit sales and availability to people.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

What?
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Going multiplatform with Alan Wake 2, might (maybe) be possible (even) if Quantum Break sells well. Remedy finances seem to be going very well now, when they have over 100 employees. More people, less time spent developing multiple platforms. PS4, XBone not that differrent in architecture, but I'm sure there's some differences.
        Plus Remedy has the rights to Alan Wake. The more the merrier!
        I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Quantum Break selling well doesn't give Remedy any financial success, since Microsoft is only paying the paychecks of the employees and money needed for resources outsourced and so. All the money from the game's sales goes towards Microsoft.

Comment

The only reason why you don't want it to be released on PS4 is Xbox fanboyism. I really hope Alan Wake 2 comes to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It would sell a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactus View Post
              The only reason why you don't want it to be released on PS4 is Xbox fanboyism. I really hope Alan Wake 2 comes to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It would sell a lot better.
              Agreed. The more people that get to play it, the better.
              Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Nope. The more the merrier, if you want Xbox exclusive you have it it's called Quantum Break series
                **in Singleplayer We Believe, Down with Multiplayer !**
                **in new IPs We Believe, Down with Annual IPs !**

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
                  Quantum Break selling well doesn't give Remedy any financial success, since Microsoft is only paying the paychecks of the employees and money needed for resources outsourced and so. All the money from the game's sales goes towards Microsoft.
                  why would anyone make a game while getting nothing for it?

I also hope it gets released on as many platforms as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                    why would anyone make a game while getting nothing for it?
                    Remedy gets paid. Microsoft has "hired" Remedy to do the game for them. Microsoft pays the employees' paychecks and all the resources, while Microsoft gets the money generated by the game's sales. If the game sells poorly, chances are that Remedy gets more money than Microsoft.

Comment

Is quantum break not remedys intellectual propperty?
                      It does not make sence to me to work for years and years on something without getting any royalty rights

Well as long as we get more alan wakes im happy
                      This just sounds weird to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                        Is quantum break not remedys intellectual propperty?
                        Nope. Quantum Break is owned by Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
                          Really loving the trademark classification classes, you never know if you're going to need Quantum Break "fire-extinguishing apparatus" or "automatic vending machines and mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus"

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post
                            Really loving the trademark classification classes, you never know if you're going to need Quantum Break "fire-extinguishing apparatus" or "automatic vending machines and mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus"
                            Quantum break cash register sounds great

Comment

I bought Xbox 360 for the same reason (was Alan Wake Project Manager in one of outsourcing companies). Then bought PS4 since I would prefer 1080p any day and couldn't resist playing The Last Of Us Remastered (it's epic to say at least). 2 months ago bought Xbox One due to Quantum Break. I don't get than fanboyism. Sure would be good to see all games coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One. I kind of hate the fact that there are exclusives and you have to buy additional consoles due to 2-3 games a year max. But this is how it goes. If Alan Wake 2 comes one day and it's multi-platform - I would just feel happy for PS4 only users.
                              If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Working...
                              X