Wayward Pines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayward Pines

So has anyone seen the Strange new Show Wayward Pines. There are the usual comparisons to Twin Peaks, which every show gets that has an FBI Agent in it set in a small town.

It leans more to Alan Wake and Lost. I'm definitely going to give it some time to develop.
    But at this point i'm interested.

Re: Wayward Pines

The show feels a lot like Twin Peaks if it was set in the Lost universe, while still made using modern camera and pacing techniques. The first episode is out there and its pretty good although I feel it spoiled a major plot device way to early. Still anybody with an appreciation for the fish out of water thriller genre like Twin Peaks and Alan Wake would enjoy it.

Comment

I'm halfway through episode 1. It's not exactly like Alan Wake or Twin Peaks, but I think people here in this forum will really appreciate it. Too early to tell if it's gonna be a hit at the end, but check it out.

Comment

I was worried at first about it, as too many of these shows with over arcing stories tend to meander around and disappoint at the end, but Wayward Pines is based on a series of books so i have higher than normal hopes.

Comment

The first episode was pretty good.
          End of the internets

Comment

I was kinda surprised that Matt Dillon can act, I've never really been impressed by his work for some reason. Just like for others, the show gave me a Twin Peaks meets Lost meets The Prisoner vibe. But compared to the close-to-perfection pilot of Lost (the most expensive one in TV history to my knowledge), Wayward was a bit too slow paced and probably gave away too much. And how many times do we need to see the main character's wife checking her voicemail?

Naturally it's the most obvious spot to advertise, but still I found it quite silly that they had these banner ads for the Wayward Pines book series pop up once in a while during the show (at least on the Finnish Fox channel). Like are you really going to buy the books, spoil the show story and stop watching it?

Comment

I didn't notice any pop up banners, but I did notice the inordinate lenght of the commercial breaks. There was, what, like 1 minute of commercials for every two minutes of television.
              End of the internets

Comment

I watched the first episode on Sky as a Preview so there was no adverts and i intend to watch the other episodes as downloads the day after they've aired to bypass the adverts also.

I think they may have given away too much to start off with but i still think there are more surprises to come. The biggest i think is Matt Dillons boss meeting up with the psychiatrist outside the town at the end. The apparent time difference between characters is also intriguing.

I normally give everything atleast three episodes. That's why i gave up on Under the Dome. Jesus, that thing was slow.

Comment

Just finished watching this series.
                  Hope they make more.

Comment

Working...
                  X