Alan Wake The Clicker Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake The Clicker Questions

Sorry it this has been discussed before, but I recently got back into a Alan Wake and discovered that apparently I don't have it all figured out, which caused me to spawn some new crazy theories as usual. Anyways, here it goes, bare with me.

At the episode "The Clicker" Alan finds out that Tom wrote about him, his mother and the clicker, potentially even way before Alan was born cause ya' know... the 70s.

Could this all mean that Alan Wake himself is also a character by Thomas Zane?

Re: Alan Wake The Clicker Questions

But then it would mean that Zane wrote himself alive again after writing himself out of existence.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Maybe Alan Wake and Thomas Zane are one and the same

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
        But then it would mean that Zane wrote himself alive again after writing himself out of existence.
        I'm not pushing this idea, actually I'm against it.

However, it's not all that far fetched.

Alan Wake was born in the late 70s. We assume that Zane wrote that manuscript in the 70s before he wrote himself out of existence. Couldn't it be that Alan Wake himself was his loop hole like the manuscript was? His fail safe to have him return. He didn't completely erase himself since some of his remnants still remain in Bright Falls. It's not all that crazy, let's not forget this is Alan Wake haha

Comment

Originally posted by Conor1320 View Post
          That's also another theory that I've been hearing, however the only evidence I know supporting this is the Anderson brothers referring to Wake as Zane.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor1320 View Post
            Wow, I remember thinking of that like Thomas was Alan's father, but I never thought of them being one person. What an interesting concept.

Comment

Actually It doesn't seem to be real, because Zane isn't gone, he is still there, beneath the surface of the Cauldron Lake. Maybe he created Alan and the Clicker back before his disappearance from the real world for his aid. Zane wanted Alan to come and if not to rescue him, at least to fight the dark presence.

Comment

I think the most passionate mystery about Zane is - why did he create Mr Scratch in the first place? Zane said Alan that Scratch would change Wake in the real world when he would 'be gone'. Wasn't Zane supposed to help Alan? There was also a very strange conversation between Alan and Thomas about Scratch on the bridge in one of the DLCs, where Zane was trying to avoid Wake's questions about the Scratch. Can't say exactly what that was, because my last playthrough was quite some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwell247 View Post
                  I think the most passionate mystery about Zane is - why did he create Mr Scratch in the first place? Zane said Alan that Scratch would change Wake in the real world when he would 'be gone'.
                  Yeah, I don't quite trust Zane either. We're not sure that Zane creates Scratch, only that he was aware of what his position was. If it was the Dark Presence, I think part of the explanation for his actions could just be that he's been trapped in the Dark Place for so long that he's been desensitized to terrible things it does. Someone new in the situation has a very different view of things compared to someone who has lived through it for years.

There could also be that thing where, getting Scratch was not the goal at that time. When he was introduced, Wake was focused on Jagger. You could say that Zane was perhaps helping in then, just by keeping focused on one challenge at the time, especially if it was time sensitive.

Originally posted by maxwell247 View Post
                  Wasn't Zane supposed to help Alan? There was also a very strange conversation between Alan and Thomas about Scratch on the bridge in one of the DLCs, where Zane was trying to avoid Wake's questions about the Scratch. Can't say exactly what that was, because my last playthrough was quite some time ago.
                  Zane also has a history too. He's been trapped in the Dark Place since around the 1970s. Something which could factor in is loneliness. Wake may be one of the first actual people he's encountered since his imprisonment. Zane may not be against Wake but... would you really help him escape and be alone again, especially if you've given up on escaping yourself?
                  The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                    Zane also has a history too. He's been trapped in the Dark Place since around the 1970s. Something which could factor in is loneliness. Wake may be one of the first actual people he's encountered since his imprisonment. Zane may not be against Wake but... would you really help him escape and be alone again, especially if you've given up on escaping yourself?
                    Yeah, even though we don't know much about the time flow in the Dark Place (Something about that was mentioned in American Nightmare), I think Zane is not really a bad guy, but, as you say, he was trapped in there for so long... He can be desperate to escape.

Otherwise he tried to help Alan during the DLCs, after Scratch sequence, that also states he is a good guy.

Oh, finally, something new to think of...I wish Alan Wake 2 was coming right about now, but it's only in my dreams

Comment

Working...
                    X