Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

    UPDATE 23/02/09: Final excerpt posted:
    http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showth...6091#post36091 (translated here)


    UPDATE 22/02/09: New excerpt posted:
    http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showth...5989#post35989


    I thought you guys might be interested in reading this. This is something taken from the game that you all might want to pick apart. It was written by Alan Wake.

    The amount of pages keeps growing each night. There are also new edits on the old pages. They keep getting more aggressive. The story is rewriting itself. The protagonist is now my namesake, and his wife is called Alice. The most worrying aspect: the genre seems to be shifting. It's turning into a horror story. I can no longer be certain whether the hero can succeed or even survive. Apart for jumbled fragments of bad dreams and an oppressive feeling, I can remember nothing of the process when I wake up. But this morning, a breakthrough! When I came to my senses, I could smell her perfume on my shirt. I am close. I know it. I must push on.

    - Alan Wake
    Last edited by sidetwo; 02-21-2009, 03:58 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.

  • #2
    Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

    Very interesting... Where the hell did you get that from?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

      Originally posted by ADM View Post
      I thought you guys might be interested in reading this. This is something taken from the game that you all might want to pick apart. It was written by Alan Wake.
      "Taken from the game?" Where did you get this text of Alan Wake?
      Something i have missed?
      Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

        I was given some promo things from Remedy and this was written on one of the prints.

        With their permission I've posted it here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

          Well,you are the man of trust, Adm!
          Thank you,very interesting,indeed...
          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

            Originally posted by ADM View Post
            I was given some promo things from Remedy and this was written on one of the prints.

            With their permission I've posted it here.

            Promo...hmmm, interesting...
            Life is a never ending wheel..

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

              I just shat multiple bricks. :[

              There are also new edits on the old pages. They keep getting more aggressive. The story is rewriting itself.
              What's this mean? If the story is rewriting itself to accomodate Alan as its central character, does that mean it's altering the past of the main character to become things that Alan has himself done? What "aggresive" things has Alan done?

              Was it Alice's perfume he smelled on his shirt? I'm beginning to think this is just one big coma story.
              <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                I love that Remedy pretends Alan Wake is a real person Very cool indeed.

                And this message, I believe, does not refer to the story in the game. It's intended for the fans, meaning the wait will soon be over, i.e. we are close to completion ("But this morning, a breakthrough!")

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                  What else did they give you? t-shirt, poster, rub-on tattoos ?

                  =)
                  Light reveals the truth...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                    True, true.

                    I am close. I know it. I must push on.
                    Close to BEING IN MY XBOX! Hardy-har-har.
                    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                      Originally posted by Kitt View Post
                      Was it Alice's perfume he smelled on his shirt? I'm beginning to think this is just one big coma story.
                      A few of us discussed the coma possibilities to death a while ago. I don't remember what was the consensus, but I'd prefer ambiguity over coming out of a coma and realizing it was all a dream/case closed. The excerpt AMD showed us can be regarded as ramblings from a psychosis, and the edits are Alan coping with something terrible he's done but can't resolve in himself.
                      Mirrors are more fun than Television

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                        So im going to say what everyone wants to....

                        (walks up and grabs ADM by the neck)

                        SHOW US WHAT THE **** THEY GAVE YOU NOW!!!111!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                          While preparing my facial hair for when I do the Alan Wake imitation (probably won't be ready until April) you guys should follow guiltyspark as your leader for information, he is a god among men.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                            Originally posted by Hobo In A Box View Post
                            While preparing my facial hair for when I do the Alan Wake imitation (probably won't be ready until April) you guys should follow guiltyspark as your leader for information, he is a god among men.
                            its true , ask gearbox about how they ****ed up aliens

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The amount of pages keeps growing each night.

                              Originally posted by ADM View Post
                              The amount of pages keeps growing each night. There are also new edits on the old pages. They keep getting more aggressive. The story is rewriting itself. The protagonist is now my namesake, and his wife is called Alice. The most worrying aspect: the genre seems to be shifting. It's turning into a horror story. I can no loner be certain whether the hero can succeed or even survive. Apart for the jumbled fragments of bad dreams and an oppressive feeling, I can remember nothing of the process when I wake up. But this morning, a breakthrough! When I came to my senses, I could smell her perfume on my shirt. I am close. I know it. I must push on.

                              - Alan Wake
                              Man that gives me a warm feeling inside.

                              It shows perhaps the narrative element. And the perfume on the shirt? Thats just amazing. To think that what you write can materialise is an interesting thing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X