• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alan Wake poster!

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
    He's playing the game.... @_______@;

Thanks for sharing Antti
    a translated caption of that picture:
    "■[SIZE="1"] Fast action. WorldEditor script tools are seen in the left screen. The changes can almost immideately be tested in the game, what a game designer Mikael here is doing. The scene in the right screen is only a test environment and by no means from the final product.[/SIZE]"

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
      ADM. Care to add these pics to Bright Falls.net?
      Done

Comment

HI,

yes, we'll sue you Ruuttu for translating our article.

I'm kidding obviously.

I'd like to thank all of you who went out and bought the issue to support Pelaaja.

Me and the whole team appreciate that very much and your kinds words about the article. We worked really hard on it. We are also a small, privately owned company so, we appreciate the support all the more.

I'd like to clarify that there is what you call "open world" gaming in the game, but suffice to say the experience is a bit more directed because of the story and you'd expect that from Remedy. There's *plenty* of exploration in the game that the player can do if he wants.

The team is back from a short vacation and is now finishing the game or rather, polishing it to be as good as it can be.

Remember also our podcast with Sam Lake from end of last year, i'm hoping to do a new one somewhere down the line.

Thomas Puha / Creative Director, Pelaaja magazine

Comment

Originally posted by RiotPelaaja View Post
          Remember also our podcast with Sam Lake from end of last year, i'm hoping to do a new one somewhere down the line.

Thomas Puha / Creative Director, Pelaaja magazine
          I'd love to have a new podcast! You guys are the best
          KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, and welcome to the forums Thomas.

What the heck is that white/cream thing in the top right corner photo? It looks like a gigantic foam uplighter or something...

Comment

A weird-design chair?

Thomas mentioned about a mistranslation, is it in my translation or in AMD's summary?
              http://www.brightfalls.net/news/618/#comment-2363

I'd like to fix it ASAP if necessary.
              Last edited by Ruuttu; 07-10-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

A weird-design chair?
                I thought so too, but it's massive -- there used to be two sofas there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruuttu View Post
                  A weird-design chair?

Thomas mentioned about a mistranslation, is it in my translation or in AMD's summary?
                  http://www.brightfalls.net/news/618/#comment-2363

I'd like to fix it ASAP if necessary.
                  It' would be better to post a new headline to Bright Falls. This mistake has caused a pretty huge mess and knowing how stupid assumptions people can make, it would be best to correct it so that the majority of the media could notice the news again.

Just look at this: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...me-world/News/

Comment

Done. Though I'm not too sure of any mistake in the original summary that Thomas mentioned. The only thing that I can think of would be this comment by me:

"One of the major changes is that the game is no longer a sandbox type of game where the player can roam freely (ala Grand Theft Auto)."

Yet this was taken from this comment in the translated article:

"So, Alan Wake won't be an open playfield like in the GTA games."

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                      Yet this was taken from this comment in the translated article:

"So, Alan Wake won't be an open playfield like in the GTA games."
                      Well, "open playfield" is a pretty straight translation from "avoin leikkikenttä", there's not really any other way to express it. In the original article the "playfield" wasn't refering that much to an open world but more to the fact that Alan Wake isn't a "hang around and do whatever you goddamn please" -game. Thus the confusion.

I've added a sidenote to the original translation to point this out.

Comment

Well this is A REALLY good example how things can go wrong.

Example number two: http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-358039.aspx

Let's just hope that many will notice the newest Bright Falls headline so these darn speculations would come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                        X