Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

    I've been following this game for years every since it was announced. Being a PC gamer I don't have access to an Xbox. This game was touted as being the first DX10 exclusive game to make full use of DX10, but that was year's ago and so things have changed...now it seems there is no longer a PC version at all.

    What happened here? Is this Microsoft's decision to ultimately to promote the Xbox 360? Is there a Windows version still being worked on? Or has it been delayed inevitably in favor of the Xbox 360? Microsoft hasn't published a PC game in years, and I highly doubt they would return to the PC market with a hyped AAA game like this. I really hope Remedy doesn't give in to Microsoft's ways and cancel the PC version.

    Sorry if this has turned into a Microsoft hate rant, but this bad news for PC gamers...there hasn't been a single word about the PC version since E3 and every preview and interview I read hasn't mentioned it either.

    So can Remedy please gives us a straight answer, what's the fate of the PC version? If so, why refuse to acknowledge it? Why keep your fans in the dark like that. Also it seems the FAQ has been updated in years...so those answers no longer apply.
    Last edited by Gizardo123; 07-05-2009, 08:15 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

    Microsoft would actually be smart if they kept Alan Wake as a 360 exclusive. Imagine if Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction only became available on 360. It would bring a lot of pc gamers over to the Xbox, and MS isn't known for treating their pc gamers well.

    I think Alan Wake will be a timed exclusive for the 360, just because it's Microsoft. But i hope that Alan will come out spring 2010 for pc too. I know there is a lot of big Alan Wake fans here without 360's.

    If it was up to me it would even be released for PS3 too. I hate the fact that you have to pay a lot of money for every system just to play the games that appeals to you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

      Originally posted by shorty View Post
      Microsoft would actually be smart if they kept Alan Wake as a 360 exclusive. Imagine if Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction only became available on 360. It would bring a lot of pc gamers over to the Xbox, and MS isn't known for treating their pc gamers well.

      I think Alan Wake will be a timed exclusive for the 360, just because it's Microsoft. But i hope that Alan will come out spring 2010 for pc too. I know there is a lot of big Alan Wake fans here without 360's.

      If it was up to me it would even be released for PS3 too. I hate the fact that you have to pay a lot of money for every system just to play the games that appeals to you.
      Complete rubbish. A PC user who paid 1000+ for a decent gaming machine is not going to run out and buy an X360, because they have been screwed over on a game.

      This sort of thing leads to piracy. Why? Well for one if they released it 6-18 months later on the PC then I would personally pirate it out of spite. I have allready pre-ordered the PC version, but could easily cancell it if it became an X360 exclusive.

      The only people killing pc gaming are the game companies themselves.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

        Originally posted by ChainsawBunny View Post
        Complete rubbish. A PC user who paid 1000+ for a decent gaming machine is not going to run out and buy an X360, because they have been screwed over on a game.

        This sort of thing leads to piracy. Why? Well for one if they released it 6-18 months later on the PC then I would personally pirate it out of spite. I have allready pre-ordered the PC version, but could easily cancell it if it became an X360 exclusive.

        The only people killing pc gaming are the game companies themselves.
        wow qft, but let's stick to the topic guys.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

          They are focusing on the Xbox 360 at the moment due to the fact that a lot has changed since 2005.

          Alan Wake was once the greatest looking game of all time, now other games are getting the same look.

          It shows the graphical stand point of video games in the past 29 years.
          8 bit to 500 MHz ATI Xenos and so on and so forth.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

            Originally posted by himynamesryan View Post
            They are focusing on the Xbox 360 at the moment due to the fact that a lot has changed since 2005.

            Alan Wake was once the greatest looking game of all time, now other games are getting the same look.

            It shows the graphical stand point of video games in the past 29 years.
            8 bit to 500 MHz ATI Xenos and so on and so forth.
            I don't know if you're blind or just hard of seeing, but the game looks much better now than it did back in 2005.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

              It will most likely come out for PC but whether it'll be a timed release or a simultaneous release is the thing that is up in the air.

              That's what I gather from it anyway.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                Originally posted by ADM View Post
                It will most likely come out for PC but whether it'll be a timed release or a simultaneous release is the thing that is up in the air.

                That's what I gather from it anyway.
                Can you ask Remedy since you're staff for their main page or something? This is the best way to alienate your fanbase by doing this, just leave your fans completely in the dark. Not cool Remedy, not cool at all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                  Originally posted by Gizardo123 View Post
                  Can you ask Remedy since you're staff for their main page or something? This is the best way to alienate your fanbase by doing this, just leave your fans completely in the dark. Not cool Remedy, not cool at all.
                  I've just notified them of this post.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                    Originally posted by ADM View Post
                    I've just notified them of this post.
                    great.. i hope they release it on the same day for both

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                      Originally posted by ADM View Post
                      I've just notified them of this post.
                      Thanks man, I really appreciate this =)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                        PC 4 Life, Homies!
                        It was no problem for me to wait for GTA IV(PC), and it also was no problem to wait for the patches to make it halfway playable. But hey, now I'm playing it a second time already and have tons of fun with it. Rockstar failed to optimize the game for the PC although they had 6 month+ to do so(only 3core support?!?). I admit that the bad performance & ATI problems really pizzed me off @ first. But despite of the performance/hardware issues it was like an additional mini-game for me to find real bugs in GTA IV (4 minor ones so far).

                        So what I'm trying to say is that I don't really care if there is a simultaneous release date for xbox+pc. But I know that I'm going to have tons of fun once I'm able to lay my hands on it!!!
                        If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                          I don't mind waiting for a proper PC conversion either, but there is literally NOTHING about the PC version since E3...they aren't even acknowledging if it's still being developed for PC. Really disappointing, as Remedy were touting the DirectX 10 technology behind the game when it was first announced.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                            Originally posted by Gizardo123 View Post
                            I don't mind waiting for a proper PC conversion either, but there is literally NOTHING about the PC version since E3...they aren't even acknowledging if it's still being developed for PC. Really disappointing, as Remedy were touting the DirectX 10 technology behind the game when it was first announced.
                            Just a quick correction to this, Remedy haven't actually spoken about DX10 at all either. They have always been quiet on this subject as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?

                              Originally posted by Gizardo123 View Post
                              I don't mind waiting for a proper PC conversion either, but there is literally NOTHING about the PC version since E3...they aren't even acknowledging if it's still being developed for PC. Really disappointing, as Remedy were touting the DirectX 10 technology behind the game when it was first announced.
                              atleast remedy shoud've mentioneed the pc version since e3.i haven't heard about it since a long time ago..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X