When can I play AW:BC on X1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I play AW:BC on X1

Oh boy, It's been years since my last activity in this forum.

A question: I have my 360 copy of Alan Wake and I want to play it on X1. It's been listed on Backward Compatibility but I can't play it yet. If I'm doing something wrong, please shed some light on this darkened one.

Cheers and good to be back.
    When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

It has not been made backwards compatible yet nor has it been announced to be made so. But because MS were the Publisher, I think bc Alan Wake is just a matter of time. Problem is that MS is saving the goods so they can release new bc titles on regular basis and thus it might take a while to get bc Alan Wake.

To speed things up we can always vote (check the link) but not much else. Maybe Remedy can make something to speed up the process? BC AWAN would be great too. I played it way too little on my 360.
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503
    My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Would love to hear from Remedy if they've already given Microsoft the go signal to make the port.

Comment

My understanding is that they do not have to make a port. The 360 version is just emulated on Xbox One. So it's just a matter of getting permission from the publisher and probably from Remedy depending on their contract for the game. So this means that in theory we could be playing Alan Wake on Xbox One tomorrow. But in sad reality Microsoft want to slowly release the games to keep customers "hooked on" I think.

I would also love to hear from Remedy. For example, is bc version ok from their end and when do they think it will come out?
        My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Thank you guys.
          Waiting to play this on X1.
          When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
            My understanding is that they do not have to make a port. The 360 version is just emulated on Xbox One. So it's just a matter of getting permission from the publisher and probably from Remedy depending on their contract for the game. So this means that in theory we could be playing Alan Wake on Xbox One tomorrow. But in sad reality Microsoft want to slowly release the games to keep customers "hooked on" I think.
            Frankly, it doesnt work like that. I think it was stated at some point, that the xbox 360 games, that are made to be compatible with bc do need some sort of optimizing(programming stuff) and testing to it.

In addition to that, i also read somewhere(i didnt found the source, sorry) that every MS-title will be backwards compatible at some point.
            Besides, since Alan Wake is one of the most iconic and important xbox 360 games, im pretty sure it will be bc at some point.

BUT, i would totally spend moneh on some sort of HD-Remaster of AW and AWAN on xbox one, ..just for the records...
            I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Well, there might be need for per game optimization but then it is optimization for the emulator. The Xbox One's emulator emulates the 360 console, not games themselves as descriped in article below.
              My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Yes i knew that (nice article tho, thanks!), but nevertheless, theres some work(coding, testing, optimizing, idk..) involved if you want to make a specific game compatible with bc.
                That's basically everything i wanted to point out, since you thought that...

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
                ... it's just a matter of getting permission from the publisher and probably from Remedy depending on their contract for the game. So this means that in theory we could be playing Alan Wake on Xbox One tomorrow. ...

Comment

You are right. Claiming that it could be playable tomorrow was probably exaggeration.

But lets hope for quick release of Alan Wake bc and American Nightmare bc. Alan Wake Definitive Edition bundle would be the best of course.
                  My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Well, yeah, playing the game on my Xbox One would be great. Of course, I was hoping for the Definitive Edition with 1080p and maybe some upscaled visual effects, but BC program is good too. At least it brings Vsync and eliminate screen tearing like it works in Fallout 3.

Comment

It seems that bc American Nightmare leaked and some people were able to download & play it on Xbox One. It also seems that you are not able to do so anymore.

One can basicly say that bc American Nightmare is confirmed and is probably coming out very soon. No word from bc Alan Wake yet though all MS published titles should get bc-treatment at some point.

Let's hope that they will give freebie Alan Wakes with Quantum Break. That would definately boost chances of us getting Alan Wake 2!
                      My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

It seems to be downloadable now.

Comment

So I played AWAN and it seems to run pretty well on Xbox One, though fps go down when that oil-thing explodes while you are about to run away from it towards the motel in chapter 1. I don't remember if this was the case with the original version on the xbox 360. The xbox one version also seems to download your savegame, because when I started the game, all the collectibles were already unlocked and stuff, so that's good.

Comment

I have been dying to replay AWAN but have not had the strenght to take my 360 out of the closet. So AWAN now been playable on XONE is the sweetest thing! I had little time and tried arcade mode. What a nostalgia! Game runs great which is important. I hope I have time for replaying campaign soon.

​My saved games also worked like a charm. Good thing I had them in the cloud!
                            My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

I had some fun playing AWAN BC. But damn the game is too easy with all guns unlocked. Maybe I should go back to the nailgun.

​It's still a pretty looking game. The game's age shows in some very rough objects or maybe it's because of bc? Maybe someone will do a comparison so we will find out. The framerate takes some very bad hits in bc version that were absent from the X360 version. It's a shame that it is not a perfect emulation. The new audience from Quantum Break will not get the full experience but I hope they enjoy it nevertheless.
                              My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Working...
                              X