Poets of the Fall Announced to Feature in Hit Video Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poets of the Fall Announced to Feature in Hit Video Game

sorry but i really dont see how this band or type of music can be incorporated into this game. sorry to piss on everyones bonfire but i really dont like it, nor do i get the fact that they are using this rock/emo music genre. really dont think it will fit in the game, the soundtrack should consist of symphony orchestra, sombre mood.

i think a bit of dubstep would do the trick lol

Comment

rock/emo genre...?

Comment

Originally posted by jamted_12 View Post
        i think a bit of dubstep would do the trick lol
        I agree. That would really fit the rural, non-urban setting.

Comment

I have to agree that I expected a more moody song, but hey, we haven't heard the whole song and know way too little about the game to judge.
          KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Originally posted by jamted_12 View Post
            sorry but i really dont see how this band or type of music can be incorporated into this game. sorry to piss on everyones bonfire but i really dont like it, nor do i get the fact that they are using this rock/emo music genre. really dont think it will fit in the game, the soundtrack should consist of symphony orchestra, sombre mood.
            I totally agree, jamted_12. I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I don't mean to sound churlish, but I really think this song might ruin the mood of the game. A rock song amidst an orchestral score is...odd. Hopefully it'll be featured on the radio or a jukebox in the game instead.

Comment

^ Well, don't devaluate the notion of a "rock song", there are rock songs out there that are easily as complex, multi-part suites that are as complex as avantgarde or classical, but yeah, I know what you mean, especially when talking about something that basic. And for the record, anything shoegaze-ish would be ok...
              Last edited by Salt The Fries; 03-12-2010, 07:40 PM.
              If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

I think it's obvious that this song won't be heard during gameplay/cinematic scenes (unless it's like Alias or Flashforward with their "music-video" scenes - I hope not ) and more likely, like Red Echidna said on radio or jukebox or something similar that blends in.

Comment

Lets just hope it's saved for the end credits or something! Or even better it's only on the seperate disc soundtrack LOL. But on a more serious note even though the song isn't to my taste it wont spoil my AW experience, i'd have to be really pathetic for a song to ruin the game for me. By reading the forum though it looks like this song and the band is liked by the majority of the board so Remedy are still doing a top job regardless of my musical taste. BRING ON MAY21!!

Comment

Man these guys are too awesome! I would have never heard them t=had it not been for Max Payne 2, thanks REMEDY!

Comment

CCR while you are riding around Bright Falls in day time!

Comment

Originally posted by Qud View Post
                        CCR while you are riding around Bright Falls in day time!
                        Fortunate Son!

Qud, you're the man!
                        "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                        -Tyler Durden

Comment

Phew! Finally someone who agrees with me!
                          Nice to meet you mr. QuantumWake!
                          I think CCR would match perfectly!
                          "Left a good job in the city, workin' for the man every night and day..!" while watching beautiful town and landscapes of Bright Falls!

Comment

Rock N' Roll, Qud...
                            "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                            -Tyler Durden

Comment

You know, if I listened one podcast right, they interviewed Remedy and confirmed that there will be licensed songs
                              KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

yeah, there are some really cool ones, really fitting to the game and the theme, but unfortunately no CCR this time...

Comment

Working...
                                X