• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poets of the Fall Announced to Feature in Hit Video Game

PRESS RELEASE 9.12.2009

For immediate release

[SIZE="4"]Poets of the Fall Announced to Feature in Hit Video Game[/SIZE]

A song from Poets of the Fall’s new upcoming album will be showcased in the video game Alan Wake. On the backdrop of this Psychological Action Thriller plays an epic piece from the band titled War, which can also be found on the bands fourth album to be released in March 2010.

Alan Wake, a Psychological Action Thriller developed by the renowned studio Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Game Studios is set to be released in the Spring of 2010. Alan Wake is one of the most anticipated blockbuster video games of 2010. The story follows the stylization and pacing of a modern day TV series. Alan Wake presents an intriguing storyline combined with movie-like cinematic action.
    This is not the first time Remedy have worked closely with Poets of the Fall. The previous project gave birth to the song Late Goodbye, which was showcased in the hit game Max Payne 2. Late Goodbye was awarded best pop song in a video game by G.A.N.G, the videogame industry equivalent to a “Grammy”. Through the popular success of the game the band gained international recognition.

“It has been fantastic to work with Poets of the Fall again. The song is a prominent part of the Alan Wake soundtrack and the theme also links strongly to the game’s storyline.” Comments Alan Wake Lead Writer Sam Lake.

The band’s lead singer Marko Saaresto continues: “It’s really exciting to be part of a global publication. We worked closely with Remedy on their previous hit Max Payne 2. It went fantastically and the wide distribution of the game benefitted us greatly. Back then we composed the song specifically for the game. This time we were given absolute freedom, therefore we made the song to complement the album.” Remedy’s Sam Lake chose the song War from the album. He listened to the song once and was immediately locked on a decision. “The song has a very strong mood to it and is instantly captivating” Sam Lake reasons his song choice.

www.poetsofthefall.com
    http://www.myspace.com/poetsofthefall
    http://www.alanwake.com/
    press@remedygames.com

• jkler
    replied
    Re: Poets of the Fall Announced to Feature in Hit Video Game

Alan Wake's theme song should be autiotalo by Dingo. (only funny for finns i fear). The synth solo is effin awesome.

edit: I guess its a guitar solo, but anywya
    Last edited by jkler; 03-13-2010, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Qud
    replied

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
    But Markus, think about the possibilities, imagine Alan walking during a rain and Barry asking " Hey Al, have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day?"

Just saying.
    Haha just great!

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied

Darnit! Don't do this to me Markus!

Leave a comment:

• Danzaiver
    replied

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
    yeah, there are some really cool ones, really fitting to the game and the theme, but unfortunately no CCR this time...
    But Markus, think about the possibilities, imagine Alan walking during a rain and Barry asking " Hey Al, have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day?"

Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Qud
    replied

Noooooooooo!
    MarkusRMD, can you please tell us if there is going to be any old rock music? Or maybe country rock?

Leave a comment:

• MarkusRMD
    replied

yeah, there are some really cool ones, really fitting to the game and the theme, but unfortunately no CCR this time...

Leave a comment:

• AnttiApina
    replied

You know, if I listened one podcast right, they interviewed Remedy and confirmed that there will be licensed songs

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied

Rock N' Roll, Qud...

Leave a comment:

• Qud
    replied

Phew! Finally someone who agrees with me!
    Nice to meet you mr. QuantumWake!
    I think CCR would match perfectly!
    "Left a good job in the city, workin' for the man every night and day..!" while watching beautiful town and landscapes of Bright Falls!

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied

Originally posted by Qud View Post
    CCR while you are riding around Bright Falls in day time!
    Fortunate Son!

Qud, you're the man!

Leave a comment:

• Qud
    replied

CCR while you are riding around Bright Falls in day time!

Leave a comment:

• Floppay
    replied

Man these guys are too awesome! I would have never heard them t=had it not been for Max Payne 2, thanks REMEDY!

Leave a comment:

• jamted_12
    replied

Lets just hope it's saved for the end credits or something! Or even better it's only on the seperate disc soundtrack LOL. But on a more serious note even though the song isn't to my taste it wont spoil my AW experience, i'd have to be really pathetic for a song to ruin the game for me. By reading the forum though it looks like this song and the band is liked by the majority of the board so Remedy are still doing a top job regardless of my musical taste. BRING ON MAY21!!

Leave a comment:

• northernlights
    replied

I think it's obvious that this song won't be heard during gameplay/cinematic scenes (unless it's like Alias or Flashforward with their "music-video" scenes - I hope not ) and more likely, like Red Echidna said on radio or jukebox or something similar that blends in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X